• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type this guy for me. (NT?)

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ermagawds I'm totally into this dude that disagrees w me on stuff and our personalities clash but I find him so attractive

^yeah, you're totally right, that has nothing to do with sex

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ermagawds I'm totally into this dude that disagrees w me on stuff and our personalities clash but I find him so attractive

^yeah, you're totally right, that has nothing to do with sex

Of course, you know best.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose it's probably painful for you to think that xNFJs don't automatically want to mate with xNTPs.. (And btw, where did I say that my personality clashes with his?)

W

WALMART

E - Comfortable entertaining groups of people. It could go either way though; introversion would be acceptable, though I would likely end up pegging him ambiverted.

S - Doesn't so much focus on the content of the poems as the practice of reciting the words, engaging Se. It seems the manner of prose is sublime to the interpretation of content, as some who are into poetry find engaging. I'm sure it is there for him, though, to some degree - tertiary or inferior Ni. I find Ne/Se very reactionary, as you've stated - I wonder what he reacts with? Broad tangents, or relative experience?

F - Poetry. I don't have to say much more. :p

P - Could be J, but you didn't give any indicators for me to go off of for him being anything apart from a P type. Just a hunch, as is my thoughts on his extroversion..

I suppose it's probably painful for you to think that xNFJs don't automatically want to mate with xNTPs.. (And btw, where did I say that my personality clashes with his?)

How about ISTP's? :devil:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright, i admit it was a bit of a douchebag comment. Sheesh! I apologize (seriously). In The future don't argue with me just say, "hey douchebag stop being a douchebag." I don't intend to be a dick :/

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S - Doesn't so much focus on the content of the poems as the practice of reciting the words, engaging Se. It seems the manner of prose is sublime to the interpretation of content, as some who are into poetry find engaging. I'm sure it is there for him, though, to some degree - tertiary or inferior Ni. I find Ne/Se very reactionary, as you've stated - I wonder what he reacts with? Broad tangents, or relative experience?

Well, this is where I perhaps left out information and you focused on that. ;) I don't think it's fair to say that he's more focused on the memorizing than the content - as he seems very content-focused to me. I mean, he's written criticism (and written it well) and that sort of thing - not just at uni but for personal interest.

I would also contend that there are plenty of Thinker poets out there. Some people just feel it's the best way to express themselves...

I could see him as an ENFP more readily than as an ESFP, I'd say. I may be subscribing to cliches but I really haven't ever met an ESFP who would have much (if any) patience with the kind of stuff that seems to fascinate him.

I'm still leaning xNTP, but anyway... As far as the introversion/extroversion thing goes, I think "ambivert" could be accurate.

W

WALMART

Well, this is where I perhaps left out information and you focused on that. ;) I don't think it's fair to say that he's more focused on the memorizing than the content - as he seems very content-focused to me. I mean, he's written criticism (and written it well) and that sort of thing - not just at uni but for personal interest.

Ah, I did not say it is the memorizing that gives rise to me thinking him a sensor. That would be indicative of preferred Ni/Si. You said he focuses on the recitation, the process of delivery, as a hip-hop artist would. Sounds very much like Se, analogous to dribbling a basketball or cooking food.

I would also contend that there are plenty of Thinker poets out there. Some people just feel it's the best way to express themselves...

Yeah, my comment was borderline tongue-in-cheek. I really wouldn't be able to say on this one without knowing his decision making process.

I could see him as an ENFP more readily than as an ESFP, I'd say. I may be subscribing to cliches but I really haven't ever met an ESFP who would have much (if any) patience with the kind of stuff that seems to fascinate him.

I'm still leaning xNTP, but anyway... As far as the introversion/extroversion thing goes, I think "ambivert" could be accurate.

Rather cliche, but understandable.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, I did not say it is the memorizing that gives rise to me thinking him a sensor. That would be indicative of preferred Ni/Si. You said he focuses on the recitation, the process of delivery, as a hip-hop artist would. Sounds very much like Se, analogous to dribbling a basketball or cooking food.

Yeah I do see what you mean and you may have a point. He certainly seems to see poetry as more of a "recitation" than a "reading" art form (although anyone who writes both criticism and poetry probably has a strong feeling for it as a "reading" art form too.)

I would say for sure that his approach to poetry, both reading it and writing it, is more "sensory" than mine. Ie. focused on the sound and rhythm of the words, sensory details, etc. From that perspective I could wonder if he's a Sensor. However, if he is one he's more abstract/philosophical/tangential/whimsical than I normally associate with the typical Sensor (but of course people are not really "typical", and I might be subscribing to cliches again!)

W

WALMART

Yeah I do see what you mean and you may have a point. He certainly seems to see poetry as more of a "recitation" than a "reading" art form (although anyone who writes both criticism and poetry probably has a strong feeling for it as a "reading" art form too.)

I would say for sure that his approach to poetry, both reading it and writing it, is more "sensory" than mine. Ie. focused on the sound and rhythm of the words, sensory details, etc. From that perspective I could wonder if he's a Sensor. However, if he is one he's more abstract/philosophical/tangential/whimsical than I normally associate with the typical Sensor (but of course people are not really "typical", and I might be subscribing to cliches again!)

He probably is just an all around well-balanced person. Not too sensory, not too intuitive, not too extroverted or introverted... probably has feelings, but knows how to use logic.

They exist. I call them the untypables.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He probably is just an all around well-balanced person. Not too sensory, not too intuitive, not too extroverted or introverted... probably has feelings, but knows how to use logic.

They exist. I call them the untypables.

They do exist, and occasionally at least how I am IRL I almost pride myself on being one... ;)

Interestingly, I really think that P/J can be the traits which define people the most IRL, and which are least likely to be "on the fence", so to speak.

W

WALMART

They do exist, and occasionally at least how I am IRL I almost pride myself on being one... ;)

Interestingly, I really think that P/J can be the traits which define people the most IRL, and which are least likely to be "on the fence", so to speak.

Yeah, but even then, I'd have a hard time telling for sure.... my best friend is in town for the week from college, and I cannot for the life of me type a single function of his. Definitely Ne/Se upper in the stack than anything else, but I can also envision Si/Ni or Te/Ti. Maybe I just suck at this.