User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

@Lark: Feeler may be more common for poets, but by no means do they have a monopoly. Just as Intuitives are probably more common for poets but they can certainly be Sensors too. One of my fav poets, Louis Macneice - I'm pretty sure he was some kind of TJ and I think either ISTJ or ESTJ are very probable for him. He was very insightful but very sensory-based at the same time - and he viewed himself as someone who sort of was like a "journalist" for poetry.

@Il Morto Che Parla: I must say INTJ didn't occur to me. So it's more a case of you or someone convincing me he's INTJ, rather than me convincing you he's not. If I were to subscribe to stereotypes, I'd say he doesn't seem socially awkward enough or argumentative enough to be INTJ. But yes, those may be stereotypes.

My mom and my brother are both IxTJ, I'm pretty convinced. I think they are either ISTJs with strong Ni or INTJs with strong Si (my brother especially seems more ISTJ to me but I'm not sure.) I don't get a similar vibe from them and from this guy. They're less social/less interested in people (my brother seems quite outgoing, but that's almost exclusively in the professional sphere as he has a lot of business contacts and does a lot of networking). They also don't give off anything resembling "flirtatious vibes" either in written form (though they are both writers) or in person. (Although maybe I just don't know about it because they're my mom and brother. )

But I'd be open to a good case for INTJ. He just seems more xxTP to me. More flexy, maybe? He'll go off on a rant about something he feels strongly about, but then he'll kind of laugh at himself or say "oh I'd better stop before I sound too reactionary." Seems more TP than TJ to me.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    @Lark: Feeler may be more common for poets, but by no means do they have a monopoly. Just as Intuitives are probably more common for poets but they can certainly be Sensors too. One of my fav poets, Louis Macneice - I'm pretty sure he was some kind of TJ and I think either ISTJ or ESTJ are very probable for him. He was very insightful but very sensory-based at the same time - and he viewed himself as someone who sort of was like a "journalist" for poetry.
    I think sensing and sensitivity are vital for a good poet, most of the poets I like, writers too, are able to see, record and relate things which I miss at first glance or without tuning into it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think sensing and sensitivity are vital for a good poet, most of the poets I like, writers too, are able to see, record and relate things which I miss at first glance or without tuning into it.
    Some poets are extremely sensory and physical, and I would suspect that some of them at least are Sensors. They remind me more of visual artists. I think overall the poets I am more drawn to are more likely to be Intuitives.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    xxTP

Seems more TP than TJ to me.
    Yes.

Society

Some poets are extremely sensory and physical, and I would suspect that some of them at least are Sensors. They remind me more of visual artists. I think overall the poets I am more drawn to are more likely to be Intuitives.
    xNTP is as far as I think you can go with that information. xSTP is possible, but I am inclined towards xNTP simply because of the poetry memorizing, that reads of tertiery/inferior Si engagement i can relate to quite a bit. when i was a teen i used to have loads of favorite quotes and thoughts - of myself and others - that i'd type out and stick to my bedroom's walls and ceiling and recite to myself and others. its the kind of little Si that speaks of creating your own private mini tradition. not so different from how xNFJs tend to engage their little Se.

if you want to know what kind of NTP he is, find out when he's around other people.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

all i have to say is it sounds likje you want to fuck him hahahaha
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

This guy.

(Joke made. Rex out.)
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

WALMART

ESFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    ESFP.
    why?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    all i have to say is it sounds likje you want to fuck him hahahaha
    Believe it or not, it's actually possible to find someone interesting or even attractive and not be aiming to f*** them.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed all those drinks on Amtrak so much, though.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING