• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's try this again...so what's my type?

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't seen anything that speaks against you being an INFJ.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I haven't seen anything that speaks against you being an INFJ.

Oh...i thought you've seen in me FP traits?

Do you know maybe how tertiary Ti functions in INFJs? I always wondered about my tertiary no matter which type i am. It seems like tertiary is the least explained function and how it works really.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh...i thought you've seen in me FP traits?

Do you know maybe how tertiary Ti functions in INFJs? I always wondered about my tertiary no matter which type i am. It seems like tertiary is the least explained function and how it works really.

Nah, I shared the links to help you.

There's not much information on the tertiary. I've always seen it like Se tho.
You got Ni - Se on one axis and Fe - Ti on another.
Both Ti and Se trying to take over control in a way, yet both help to color your view of the world.

Truth is that I've only seen Ti "around" and sometimes I've been told that I dissect things a lot and told that that is a Ti thing.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah, I shared the links to help you.

There's not much information on the tertiary. I've always seen it like Se tho.
You got Ni - Se on one axis and Fe - Ti on another.
Both Ti and Se trying to take over control in a way, yet both help to color your view of the world.

Truth is that I've only seen Ti "around" and sometimes I've been told that I dissect things a lot and told that that is a Ti thing.

It is. But primarily should mean that when you do think logically aka in thinking way, it's subjective rather then objective. Tert is usually like inferior until certain age cuz it's undeveloped.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is. But primarily should mean that when you do think logically aka in thinking way, it's subjective rather then objective. Tert is usually like inferior until certain age cuz it's undeveloped.

Then you are forgetting that Ni does the objective thinking for us. It can twist and turn things to see it from different perspectives. Thus INFJs can be extremely compassionate or extremely cold.

Like when I told my INTP friend that starving children in Africa helped as population control.
I mean, the statement isn't wrong. It's just so taboo and so objective that most people can't see it from that perspective.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Then you are forgetting that Ni does the objective thinking for us. It can twist and turn things to see it from different perspectives. Thus INFJs can be extremely compassionate or extremely cold.

Like when I told my INTP friend that starving children in Africa helped as population control.
I mean, the statement isn't wrong. It's just so taboo and so objective that most people can't see it from that perspective.

It's really typical Tx dominant point of view. They get really objective in certain points. I stay shocked with them statements kinda haha
But as a taboo, it's very impressive.

And yes you are right, Ni does thinking for us. Doesn't mean Ti can't take a part...but it doesn't call shots im guessing...only as a help on a side it can be, being a tert function.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's really typical Tx dominant point of view. They get really objective in certain points. I stay shocked with them statements kinda haha
But as a taboo, it's very impressive.

And yes you are right, Ni does thinking for us. Doesn't mean Ti can't take a part...but it doesn't call shots im guessing...only as a help on a side it can be, being a tert function.

Yea...
Tho I guess it depends on if it's in the perception phase or the judging phase that the objectiveness takes place.
I've been accused of talking in a way that isn't clear enough for people to understand and I'd say that it's because I'm for example observing their reactions to what I am trying to say with NiFe and then adapting my way of talking as I am talking.
Don't know exactly when Ti comes in, but I guess it's when I meet something new and try to figure out how it works. I mean, Ni might be able to see the intangible and twist and turn on things, but it can't make us understand the things we have no past knowledge in.

And there also comes a time where we realize that what we are hearing is just a bunch of bullshit and has no actual fact behind it more than coincidences and stuff like that. I'd say that's when Ti kicks in, when Fe has stopped trying to be diplomatic.
Someone said a while ago that the tertiary seems to have close to the same role as the dominant, but that doesn't seem too correct. I would however say that the line between Fe and Ti is a thin one. After all, the main battle of the mind is between Ni and Se, Ti and Fe are mostly support functions.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yea...
Tho I guess it depends on if it's in the perception phase or the judging phase that the objectiveness takes place.
I've been accused of talking in a way that isn't clear enough for people to understand and I'd say that it's because I'm for example observing their reactions to what I am trying to say with NiFe and then adapting my way of talking as I am talking.
Don't know exactly when Ti comes in, but I guess it's when I meet something new and try to figure out how it works. I mean, Ni might be able to see the intangible and twist and turn on things, but it can't make us understand the things we have no past knowledge in.

And there also comes a time where we realize that what we are hearing is just a bunch of bullshit and has no actual fact behind it more than coincidences and stuff like that. I'd say that's when Ti kicks in, when Fe has stopped trying to be diplomatic.
Someone said a while ago that the tertiary seems to have close to the same role as the dominant, but that doesn't seem too correct. I would however say that the line between Fe and Ti is a thin one. After all, the main battle of the mind is between Ni and Se, Ti and Fe are mostly support functions.

I have maybe one little theory how it could work. Maybe it helps us be more objective with people. I don't listen to it strictly on the other hand, i only have it in a back of my mind. That rigid opinion that never comes out due to Fe and i take an approach that i think it will help best to a person. But if that objective opinion will help better when things get really messy, i say it but it's controlled by Fe so i adapt it according to a person im talking to.
Ti maybe also helps us to make a framework of a certain person, understand how they work, little help to Fe to do it's best by knowing some principles about the person.

Ti and Fe should complete each other but i can feel Ti being a bit repressed by Fe, although not as bad as in Fe dominants.

Common situation for me lol

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have maybe one little theory how it could work. Maybe it helps us be more objective with people. I don't listen to it strictly on the other hand, i only have it in a back of my mind. That rigid opinion that never comes out due to Fe and i take an approach that i think it will help best to a person. But if that objective opinion will help better when things get really messy, i say it but it's controlled by Fe so i adapt it according to a person im talking to.
Ti maybe also helps us to make a framework of a certain person, understand how they work, little help to Fe to do it's best by knowing some principles about the person.

Ti and Fe should complete each other but i can feel Ti being a bit repressed by Fe, although not as bad as in Fe dominants.
Yea, exactly. Ti is after all devoted to analyzing and maybe it's even the function that tries to understand people, after all, Fe is more focused on creating a common ground and being diplomatic than understanding people per se. Ni is more interested in ideas and seeing things from different perspectives and Se has definitely nothing to do with people.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yea, exactly. Ti is after all devoted to analyzing and maybe it's even the function that tries to understand people, after all, Fe is more focused on creating a common ground and being diplomatic than understanding people per se. Ni is more interested in ideas and seeing things from different perspectives and Se has definitely nothing to do with people.

I was always wondering actually about social skills for Se doms. Never quite understood how it works for them since ESTPs are smooth operators with people and they are Se dom.
But i guess each function can take a quite different role depending on with which other functions is co-operating.
People focus would maybe come from Fe and Ti would serve Fe. That makes sense really.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

I was always wondering actually about social skills for Se doms. Never quite understood how it works for them since ESTPs are smooth operators with people and they are Se dom.
But i guess each function can take a quite different role depending on with which other functions is co-operating.
People focus would maybe come from Fe and Ti would serve Fe. That makes sense really.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yea, and I guess for Se doms then they use Se to scan for reactions etc.