Thread: What's my type?

Senior Member Presumptuous Pepper's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Acerbusvenator View Post
    STOP DOING TESTS!
    Just had to say that. Tests are extremely stereotypical and they are biased towards intuition.

Here's the real stuff: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...arious-sources

It could have hidden unclarity that could mislead the people who are not as involved in types or just starting.
    I have some questions here and comments too. Don't get me wrong...not correcting anything, just trying to put things in their place in ym head lol might help someone else to if i say it out loud.

for example:
    "Cognitive functions are not tools, skillsets, or behaviors that can be improved or learned."

Many descriptions imply that what makes top 4 functions is actually preference towards using them and using them (aka practice) makes them better. What is unknown here is why do we choose them functions?
    Functions could make an impact on skills so therefore certain functions we use makes us good at certain skills.
    Behaviours i agree...is very good to notice that this is only the way you think not neccessarily act.

'J' and 'P' letters do not represent how organized or disorganized you are, how likely you are to live by a schedule or how clean your living space is. These letters also do not represent any cognitive functions in themselves.
    now i have a question...what does it mean then??? I know what they represent as the rest of paragraph says about J and P...but then Je and Pi peopel are who are J type. Why? Cuz cognitive functions are also descriptions.
    Thrills happen for awesome reasons, shit happens for shitty reason. So don't pay attention on stuff which happen for shitty reasons, but on ones which happen for awesome reasons. I'm an awesome reason.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm just gonna answer like I thought you were saying. Some of the questions very a bit unclear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Presumptuous Pepper View Post
    IMany descriptions imply that what makes top 4 functions is actually preference towards using them and using them (aka practice) makes them better. What is unknown here is why do we choose them functions?
    Functions could make an impact on skills so therefore certain functions we use makes us good at certain skills.
    Behaviours i agree...is very good to notice that this is only the way you think not neccessarily act.
    The reason for why we choose the functions we do is unknown to me. I am however aware that somewhere along your development (at a young age) your mind pushes away some of the functions (the shadow) and pulls some other of the functions. Once it has stabilized, you got 4 functions that are "you". 2 of them are conscious (Ni and Fe for INFJs) and 2 of them are subconscious (Ti and Se for INFJs).
    You quite much develop your functions as you grow older. Tho some experiences could possibly accelerate the development of certain functions.

now i have a question...what does it mean then??? I know what they represent as the rest of paragraph says about J and P...but then Je and Pi peopel are who are J type. Why? Cuz cognitive functions are also descriptions.
    I'm unsure what you're trying to say...
    Pi - Si, Ni
    Pe - Se, Ne
    Ji - Fi Ti
    Je - Fe Te

IJ = Pi dom with Je aux
    IP = Ji dom with Pe aux
    EJ = Je dom with Pi aux
    EP = Pe dom with Ji aux

MBTI is about how you think and not what you do, thus P/J doesn't change what you do. Even if it sometimes "bleed over".

Also, both my ESFP mother and sister like to plan and make schedules. Both me and my ISTJ dad avoids it and gets stressed by it.
    I used to be an NP like you, but then I took an arrow to the Ne.