User Tag List

First 12

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    Well I am by no means a genius. Numbers and I are like oil and water. I made the mistake taking a computer science class this term. I hate coding. I excel at marketing research. I like to figure out every possibility as to why people do what they do. What would entice them to buy on product over the other. I got into generational studies earlier this year and spent most of my time looking into that. I stumbled upon typology and here I am. I feel if I can master the typing system I'll be able to intertwine that with what I know about cohorts of people ex A Baby Boomer INTJ is more likely to ect. What type of people are affected by eternal factors and how to market to them vs people who are governed by internal factors. I have a theory that the nomad generations would have more of a Fi oriented function. If each generation as a typology I can better understand groups of people then break that down into the 16 types. Di-sect that generation even more into which of the 16 types is more prevalent in a given generation. Maybe i'll find a generation who members are largely fe Inferior are easier to organize ect. I can't even type myself so I'm a long way from being able to do that. It's just a little insight into limitations of my genius. I can conceptualize that but I can't code a hello world program.

Awesome. I've wondered about practical applications of MBTI, advertising seems perfect.

My suggestion, to overcome some of your questions, is to study the functions and their relation to each other. There is some good reading to be found strewn about. Some people like to focus on the type descriptions (or solely the letters themselves), which are good too, but I find that to be more like reading the answer and agreeing than knowing the questions themselves.

At any rate, good luck with your search. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have to the best of my ability.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Awesome. I've wondered about practical applications of MBTI, advertising seems perfect.

My suggestion, to overcome some of your questions, is to study the functions and their relation to each other. There is some good reading to be found strewn about. Some people like to focus on the type descriptions (or solely the letters themselves), which are good too, but I find that to be more like reading the answer and agreeing than knowing the questions themselves.

At any rate, good luck with your search. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have to the best of my ability.
    I'm fairly new to this so any resources you have would help. I love books so if you could recommend any that would also be very helpful.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    For some reason it seems that those who type as INFPs and INFJs on the forum are more often acused of being ISFPs and ISFJs than the self typed INTPs and INTJs are accused for being ISTPs and ISTJs.

Perhaps feelers are easier for people to criticize and question since they may not be as intimidating to disagree with.

Someone correct my little observation here if it is inaccurate.
    The truth can sometimes feel like an accusation.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    For some reason it seems that those who type as INFPs and INFJs on the forum are more often acused of being ISFPs and ISFJs than the self typed INTPs and INTJs are accused for being ISTPs and ISTJs.

Perhaps feelers are easier for people to criticize and question since they may not be as intimidating to disagree with.

Someone correct my little observation here if it is inaccurate.

So it's common for people to question the validity of typing as an INFJ? More specifically type them as INFP's. Is it normally this hard to distinguish between these types?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

So it's common for people to question the validity of typing as an INFJ? More specifically type them as INFP's. Is it normally this hard to distinguish between these types?
    People question any N type. There is an issue with relating the subject material to real experiences and we all do this regardless of function or type.

So you end up with people who know maybe one or two individuals of a certain type and then spend their time stretching this across all members of that type as a template. INFJ's and INFP's are extremely different to me for example, but then other people appear to get them mixed up a great deal or at least have trouble deciding between them.

Dominant Fi is nothing like dominant Ni in my own experience and understanding, but whether or not you or anyone else trusts that is up to you/those people. I often find that INFP's are fairly mellow most of the time compared to the more obsessive intensity of INFJ's.

However individuality tends to spit on such generalistic statements. Afterall an INFJ who has spend their life without something to obsess over usually can appear quite mellow and ive certainly met plenty of intense and driven INFP's. I would like to offer more advice, but all I can do is spout information on the functions.

Tying those functions to something that can be brought back into present comprehension and understanding is difficult however. Afterall, (as an example), Fi can be both indignant and complacent in equal measure. Just as Ni can be obsessive yet contemplative in that same measure.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI

Yes
    I was accused of being an INFJ wannabe and "fake" with a need for feeling special from a typological sense.
    But then again, that was on PerC
    Apparently they thought I was INFP...

People got issues with defining Ni.
    Simulatedworld probably did the best description here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...arious-sources