Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
I think having Aspergers definitely confuses things. When I was young, I was poor at all the Fe stuff and I'm better at it but it still feels awkward to me today. Most ISFJs are alot more socially savvy than I am. Also, Asperger people can take things overly literally at times, which was a problem for me in the past, so I could have identified more with S because of that in spite of actually being an INTP.
If it feels "awkward", that right there is the language of a function being lower in consciousness. I guess an ISFJ can have Asperger's (and I hear INFJ's can have it), and I'm not sure how that would affect the type behavior. They probably wouldn't describe Fe as awkward, though they might be frustrated by whatever social problems the condition might give them. They would probably respond by constantly trying to merge with people, where INT's (the most common with the syndrome) would just reject people and retreat to themselves.

I am definitely about "what works" and building models in my head. I don't think I'm all that "institutional" in my approach but I could be wrong.
That was the NT's "pragmatism" being implied there, as opposed to the SJ's cooperativeness which is what tends to make them trust institutions more.
I think the source of my confusion is that I read descriptions of Ti and Si and I identify with both equally. Either I'm not interpreting them right, not self-aware enough, or I'm just a paradox that doesn't fit the theory.

I do both but I think slightly more the latter than the former.
Again the tertiary inflation, or what others call the "loop". And introverted functions can be hard to tell apart at times. S deals with "what it is", in terms of data being gathered, and T is "what it is", in the sense of a technical break-down of the object, so both functions seem similar. And when both are the same attitude, they will seem all the more similar (even when extraverted. Both Se and Te are often described in terms of "taking action"). So for both to be introverted, they may be confused even more. But if both are there, and you know you're an introvert, then one is dominant, and the other is tertiary.

The dominant is the ego's main world view, so you have to determine which perspective: things making rational sense, or things being familiar, is what really drives your ego. What is more frustrating when its need is not met.

I don't see myself as all that traditional. In fact many of the sense impressions and associations I've had are quite unique and individual. I remember reading somewhere that the Si dominant often doesn't realize how unique their own sense impressions are!
So that sounds like it's not dominant.
Interesting, I kind of strive to be the most knowledgeable about my areas of interested. Before I attributed that to INTP and/or enneagram 5 but I could see how this could fit with Si.
That may be true once an area of interest happens to be encountered or they are learning something, but I don't think Si preferrers would really focus on acquiring knowledge just for its own sake or putting that much focus into interests. "Knowledge and mastery" of everything dealt with is the NT's need.

Compared to INTPs I'm more emotionally sensitive, more security oriented, seem to need more specifics and probably a bit more results oriented.
That's explained by the Supine, and probably AS. "results" is something in general preferred by the "Behind the Scenes", as opposed to "process-oriented". So most INTP's should fit that, unless you're referring to something else.
Compared to ISFJs I'm more emotionally detached, more independent, less tradition minded, more intellectually inclined, and more open to new ways of doing things.
That sounds more like the genuine type preference. (N+T). Si is just a relief/defense function that you fall back on.