User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Greenfairy's type?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

7 28.00%
  • INFP

7 28.00%
  • INTP

5 20.00%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ENFP

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

5 20.00%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESFP

1 4.00%
  • ESFJ

1 4.00%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESTJ

1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Opinion Poll: What's greenfairy's type?

Ok, just so I know how many people think I'm what. You don't have to discuss it; I just want to know, as the results might have changed since my type threads. Don't worry, I won't get mad; it's just for research purposes. :P

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

INTP

While I see the INFP similarities, I think it's no more than some of the other INTPs around here.

But who knows...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Probably a 3w4 who won't fit well into any mbti type. INFP-ish INFJ or something.

I said INFP, but take it with a grain of salt as I'm pretty terrible at typing people.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I am tempted to vote ISTJ, just because it so inconceivably far off, though I guess that would be kind of a bad joke.

But seriously, I think of greenfairy as an introverted Ni user, either INJ or ISP.

I mean she has some really strange perspectives on the nature of existence that falls into the category of what we could term "odd magical thinking", very much in line with Ni.

My top 3 guesses would be INFJ, ISFP, and INFP, and even though INFP is not Ni, I will not eliminate it because that is a very imaginative type, albeit not quite as mystical as INFJ, and not quite as artsy as ISFP.

I didn't vote yet because I need more information before making an unalterable judgment on her type.

Anyway, I would also say that greenfairy is either an enneagram 5w4 or 9w1 and sx/sp or sx/so for the instincts.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Lol @Orangey. Really? ESFJ?

This is interesting to me. You strike me as an INTP that is around 30ish. I seems to me that Fe is entering the picture now, this is only my impression from your posts though, which is what you're asking for. You know yourself better than anyone else ever will.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    This is interesting to me. You strike me as an INTP that is around 30ish. I seems to me that Fe is entering the picture now, this is only my impression from your posts though, which is what you're asking for. You know yourself better than anyone else ever will.
    Yes, I'm 28. And yes, it has only been recently that I've been able to let my emotions flow freely without being totally inappropriate. When I was a teenager I was totally feeling-retarded. So you could be right.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I just decided to vote INFJ with no small letters.

I am also concluding that you are 9w1 sx/sp.

I also think that Gandhi may have been INFJ, perhaps even a type 9 as well. Here is a thread I found on the man below:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...66-gandhi.html

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I just decided to vote INFJ with no small letters.

I am also concluding that you are 9w1 sx/sp.

I also think that Gandhi may have been INFJ, perhaps even a type 9 as well. Here is a thread I found on the man below:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...66-gandhi.html
    I don't know about the 9, but he definitely has very strong elements of 1 (either main or strong wing), due to the intense rigor he approached in his personal life. 9's are typically far easier going in that sense, but from what I recall reading, he was judgmental toward those directly involved in his daily life and was critical when they did not conform to his own sense of self-discipline. His ideas were also very rigorous and directed at effecting change toward the external world (like the traditional INFJ who sees change and the ideal naturally and engages the world in a way to make it happen, rather than just sitting around speculating on theory or values for their own sake).

Gandhi's philosophy was not theoretical but one of pragmatism, that is, practicing his principles in real time. Asked to give a message to the people, he would respond, "My life is my message."[8]

...Gandhism designates the ideas and principles Gandhi promoted. Of central importance is nonviolent resistance. A Gandhian can mean either an individual who follows, or a specific philosophy which is attributed to, Gandhism.[47] M.M.Sankhdher argues that Gandhism is not a systematic position in metaphysics or in political philosophy. Rather, it is a political creed, an economic doctrine, a religious outlook, a moral precept, and especially, a humanitarian world view. It is an effort not to systematize wisdom but to transform society and is based on an undying faith in the goodness of human nature.[120] However Gandhi himself did not approve of the notion of "Gandhism". He explained in 1936:

There is no such thing as "Gandhism," and I do not want to leave any sect after me. I do not claim to have originated any new principle or doctrine. I have simply tried in my own way to apply the eternal truths to our daily life and problems...The opinions I have formed and the conclusions I have arrived at are not final. I may change them tomorrow. I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and non-violence are as old as the hills.[121]

...Stephen Hay argues that Gandhi in London looked into numerous religious and intellectual currents. He especially appreciated how the theosophical movement encouraged a religious eclecticism and an antipathy to atheism. Hay says the vegetarian movement had the greatest impact for it was Gandhi's point of entry into other reformist agendas of the time.[165] The idea of vegetarianism is deeply ingrained in Hindu and Jain traditions in India, especially in his native Gujarat.[166] Gandhi was close to the chairman of the London Vegetarian Society, Dr. Josiah Oldfield, and corresponded with Henry Stephens Salt, a vegetarian campaigner. Gandhi became a strict vegetarian. He wrote the book The Moral Basis of Vegetarianism and wrote for the London Vegetarian Society's publication.[167]

Gandhi used fasting as a political device, often threatening suicide unless demands were met. Gandhi noted in his autobiography that vegetarianism was the beginning of his deep commitment to Brahmacharya; without total control of the palate, his success in Brahmacharya would likely falter. "You wish to know what the marks of a man are who wants to realize Truth which is God," he wrote. "He must reduce himself to zero and have perfect control over all his senses-beginning with the palate or tongue."[168][169]

....A core Gandhian value that came in for much bantering and ribald music hall humour in Britain was his nakedness—Churchill publicly called him a "half-naked fakir"[172] – and his experiments in "brahmacharya" or the elimination of all desire in the face of temptation.[173] In 1906 Gandhi, although married and a father, vowed to abstain from sexual relations. In the 1940s, in his mid-seventies, he brought his grandniece Manubehn to sleep naked in his bed as part of a spiritual experiment in which Gandhi could test himself as a "brahmachari." Several other young women and girls also sometimes shared his bed as part of his experiments.[174] Gandhi discussed his experiment with friends and relations; most disagreed and the experiment ceased in 1947.[175]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohandas_Karamchand_Gandhi
    Etcetra. he seems to be pretty INFJ to me, and 9's just tend to be so flexy outwardly (to avoid conflict) that I have trouble with the notion of one choosing to not only lead a passive-resistance movement, but one that made very politically confrontational statements such as the ones he made during the Holocaust:

Gandhi's views came under heavy criticism in Britain when it was under attack from Nazi Germany, and later when the Holocaust was revealed. He told the British people in 1940, "I would like you to lay down the arms you have as being useless for saving you or humanity. You will invite Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini to take what they want of the countries you call your possessions... If these gentlemen choose to occupy your homes, you will vacate them. If they do not give you free passage out, you will allow yourselves, man, woman, and child, to be slaughtered, but you will refuse to owe allegiance to them."[152]

In a post-war interview in 1946, he said, "Hitler killed five million Jews. It is the greatest crime of our time. But the Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher’s knife. They should have thrown themselves into the sea from cliffs... It would have aroused the world and the people of Germany... As it is they succumbed anyway in their millions."[153] Gandhi believed this act of "collective suicide", in response to the Holocaust, "would have been heroism".[154]

...Gandhi thought the Zionists in Palestine represented European imperialism and used violence to achieve their goals; he argued that "the Jews should disclaim any intention of realizing their aspiration under the protection of arms and should rely wholly on the goodwill of Arabs. No exception can possibly be taken to the natural desire of the Jews to found a home in Palestine. But they must wait for its fulfillment till Arab opinion is ripe for it."[163] Philosopher Martin Buber was highly critical of Gandhi's approach and in 1939 wrote an open letter to him on the subject. Gandhi reiterated his stance on the use of Satyagraha in Palestine in 1947.[164]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft