User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Greenfairy's type?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

    7 28.00%
  • INFP

    7 28.00%
  • INTP

    5 20.00%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • ENFP

    0 0%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • ENTJ

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    5 20.00%
  • ISFJ

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    1 4.00%
  • ESFJ

    1 4.00%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 44

  1. #31
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    If I truly cared enough to go to the trouble of finding/buying a charger for my video camera and reading the manual to remember how it works, that would be a great idea. I've already planned out what I'm going to say and what I'm going to wear and what kind of mood I should be in, and what attitude I should display; so when I get done with finals I may do it. Just for fun and curiosity.

    And I would, were it not for the fact that I am only allowed 4 letters. I would change types weekly.
    Well send me an invite when you do it

  2. #32
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Cool, the votes are closer than I thought they would be. Although I thought surely some would say ENXP. Maybe someone will in the future.

  3. #33
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't see the connection here; in the first quote we're talking about scientific evidence, which is Te not Ti. So if I lack Te, I would lack Fi. In the second when I say "feels" I mean it in an intuitive way, not a "feeling" way, and we are talking about Ni. So your conclusions don't follow.

    Ti and Te are both about objectivity. Ti is more comfortable suspending judgement to further analyze a system, while Te is more 'decision driven'. Both are very much concerned with scientific, objective fact.


    Fi and Fe are about subjectivity - how objective facts pertain to your ego or those around you. It's more looking at something neat (astrology and the history behind it) and adopting it, searching for supporting evidence instead of objectifying what is already there. In your case, likely even, seeing the label of 'INFJ'.


    All I'm really saying is that 'F' of some sort is higher in your function stacking than 'T' is, ruling INTP out, at the very least. I'd still say ISFP - you keep the Ni, you accept your Ti is a little more subjective than perhaps you'd like it to be, and most of the other functions remain the same. It makes the most sense, to me, but as always - the perceiver is king.

  4. #34
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Ti and Te are both about objectivity. Ti is more comfortable suspending judgement to further analyze a system, while Te is more 'decision driven'. Both are very much concerned with scientific, objective fact.


    Fi and Fe are about subjectivity - how objective facts pertain to your ego or those around you. It's more looking at something neat (astrology and the history behind it) and adopting it, searching for supporting evidence instead of objectifying what is already there. In your case, likely even, seeing the label of 'INFJ'.


    All I'm really saying is that 'F' of some sort is higher in your function stacking than 'T' is, ruling INTP out, at the very least. I'd still say ISFP - you keep the Ni, you accept your Ti is a little more subjective than perhaps you'd like it to be, and most of the other functions remain the same. It makes the most sense, to me, but as always - the perceiver is king.
    Well fair enough, but ISFP uses inferior Te not Ti. Do you mean that it is more subjective because it is a shadow function? In some cases it is more subjective than I'd like it to be; but I think that's true of every Ti user. I'm not saying you are incorrect, only dissecting what you are saying.

    Also it seems to be the case from my observations that Fi doms are more rare in philosophy outside of human oriented systems of thought such as ethics; if that's not true please correct. (It also seems as though S's are more rare in philosophy period.) I'm a philosophy major and take little interest in ethics. I had a strong interest in it at one point, decided it's mostly relative, decided what I think is objectively true concerning human interaction (Fe), and left it. Now I'm far more interested in discovering the nature of reality beyond the limitations of the human world.

  5. #35
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Well fair enough, but ISFP uses inferior Te not Ti. Do you mean that it is more subjective because it is a shadow function? In some cases it is more subjective than I'd like it to be; but I think that's true of every Ti user. I'm not saying you are incorrect, only dissecting what you are saying.

    I just meant Ti is more subject to change than Te is. Te/Fe, when high up on the function stacking, can be kind of 'closed off', preferring (stereotypically) to work over the information already accrued than acquire new information. Ti/Fi is almost always moar moar moar.


    Also it seems to be the case from my observations that Fi doms are more rare in philosophy outside of human oriented systems of thought such as ethics; if that's not true please correct. (It also seems as though S's are more rare in philosophy period.) I'm a philosophy major and take little interest in ethics. I had a strong interest in it at one point, decided it's mostly relative, decided what I think is objectively true concerning human interaction (Fe), and left it. Now I'm far more interested in discovering the nature of reality beyond the limitations of the human world.

    ISFP's are weird breeds. I think of it like a sweet spot of function use - The primary function (Fi) is a general drive for understanding; a more 'stylish' Ti. The auxiliary function (Se) states when objective information is provided contrary or contributing to previously gathered information, we are capable of accepting it so, which makes Fi/Se a little more 'understanding' about things than Fi/Ne. Ni is back to being subjective - as long as the systems previously mentioned are not in conflict, the mind is generally malleable to do as it pleases, linking systems and all that jazz Ni is fond of. A main difference of Ni/Se vs Se/Ni in terms of function stacking is that Se/Ni users are more apt at accepting information into the system to work around with. Ni/Se more prefers to be 'confined' in certain areas, confident (or something) that they have accrued enough information to pass judgements. Finally, we're back to the inferior function, Te, which is a preference of being objective, typically about how the user feels about something, hence Te/Fi always coexisting.


    Anyways, this is just a functional breakdown of ISFP's. I don't know if you can relate to this, I'm just showing that they can be very much interested in philosophical concepts beyond the human scope.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Robots can detect the electromagnetic impulses emanating from your brain, making them proficient personality analyzers, even if they could not do so before all the gizmos in their control center were assembled, which, of course, were put into their proper consctruction format for this robot here by Dario Nardi, among other high functioning personality programmers, so perhaps ISFP is indeed a high probability possibility, but let us not jump to conclusions here, as I was just being funny for the most part, but seriously, greenfairy could be anything from an ISFP to an INFJ. But, as we can also see in the poll results, lots of folks also think INFP, so that is also an option, even if it wasn't the idea of any ancient wizard from the past, or any sophisticated robot from the future.

  7. #37
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,442

    Default

    Being sure or not sure of one's type is itself no indicator of one type or another. I had the same problem, though the way I was devoted to the interest of the theory, I pondered and researched until I found out how it really worked, and thus which type was most likely. (Especially, since years ago, I saw how people with T/F uncertainty were always being pushed toward F by others, and I had had enough of that with this "expert" who seems to have popularized some of this approach).
    Another INTP might not be as focused on this particular theory as I was, so may take longer to figure it out.

    As for needing so much input from others, don't forget inferior Fe (Which will be like that, and not as mature and confident of one's standing with others as preferred Fe), and also, if the person's social temperament (INP) is Supine, they will be more like that as well, and seem more sensitive and "F"-like, where if they are Phlegmatic, they will be the more typical "detached, aloof" kind that can take people's opinions or leave them.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I think we need to stop talking about functions, and start talking about greenfairy's behaviors, because these functional analyses don't seem to be going anywhere, but they are leading to a lot of contradictions and confusions.

    Perhaps the most obvious of all the letters is F, and I used to think T was possible but, over time, I have seen greenfairy erupt with quite a few heated emotional reactions, as well as a deep desire to keep in harmony, rather than having a tenacious tendency to control, so I think greenfairy is definately F.
    But behaviors can change, and inasmuch as they are connected with functions, can eve be from other complexes (i.e. the lower archetypes) beside the preferred ones.
    Again, inferior Fe will be as you describe. In fact, an "eruption" of emotional reactions might be a clue that Feeling is inferior, rather than preferred. (See Quenk's Was That Really Me?)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    HarHar someone voted ESTJ!

    Whoever that was sure has a dang good sense of humor.

  9. #39
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    HarHar someone voted ESTJ!

    Whoever that was sure has a dang good sense of humor.
    Inorite? Perhaps they are code for the opposite letters. Although I think it's probable that I'm a closet extrovert, forced to live the life of an introvert by poor early social skills. Highly doubtful about S, T/F is a toss-up, and P/J is a toss-up. So letter wise it's not so far off, but I just don't fit the generalized descriptions of ESXJ. At all.

    I'm really surprised no one has voted ENXP. I thought that was highly plausible. Why so many INFP's but no ENFP's?

  10. #40
    Junior Member dobages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ----
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Okay, i'm gonna jump in here and quickly add a couple of points about myself so i can get a swift typing.


    I get bored with friends over time(like 2 months in), and very much enjoy meeting new ones.

    I am definetely a perceiving type. I can make people laugh when they dont bore me easily. Sometimes i get so much satisfaction from entertaining i just enjoy the moment and completely ignore what's said the following 15 secs. I like to think of myself as a thinker, analysing when not observing or participating. I feel uncomfortable when out of place, and not knowing what to do(judging my own conscious thoughts).

    Apologies for spelling.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?
    By Evan in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 07-07-2017, 11:11 PM
  2. Opinion Poll: What's RaptorWizard's type?
    By RaptorWizard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 06-22-2016, 08:32 PM
  3. What animal symbolizes each type?
    By Kiddo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 01:09 AM
  4. What's Ivy's type?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO