• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFJ or INFJ?

PeaceAndMusic

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can relate to both types! I have no doubt Im an IFJ, but that darn S or N!!!
I am fairly conservative and like to honor traditions. On the other hand, I'm romantic and idealistic. I'm quite the dreamer. I'm easily irritated and overwhelmed by people, yet I love them, and I can even be good with them. On many levels, I am a loner, I MUST have my space! I do not adapt well to sudden changes in plans(though that's likely my J,right?) I am good at nursing duties, and I love shows such as Doctor Quinn, because it seems so simple and idealic. I research things to death, and won't just accept one person's word on something. I love traditions, as I've stated before but I REBEL against uniformity! I am horrified at the idea of being like others! I'm not the most direct person, I'm diplomatic and dodge conflicts as much as possible. IDK if this imfo paints a clear enough picture one way or another, but I'd be grateful for any thought. Thanks!:smile:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't see anything that would hint at an intuition preference, the picture you are painting looks more S+F...... you seem to be under the mistaken impression that an ISJ can't be idealistic or individualistic.... Si is actually quite the abstract individualist function, and probably has more to do with your discomfort with adaptation than just the plain J/P divide.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
So why do you feel like you don't relate to Fi anymore? Is it just that you feel Fe>Fi?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like these descriptions - I feel like they clarify without being biased. Don't worry about the SJ = rigid uniformist crap. IMO, SJ is more about experiential learning, concrete detail awareness, stability orientation, and practicality. Several SFJs I know are voracious researchers.

INFJ - Foreseer Developer

The INFJ theme is foresight. Use their insights to deal with complexity in issues and people, often with a strong sense of "knowing" before others know themselves. Talents lie in developing and guiding people. Trust their inspirations and visions, using them to help others. Thrive on helping others resolve deep personal and ethical dilemmas. Private and complex, they bring a quiet enthusiasm and industry to projects that are part of their vision.

ISFJ - Protector Supporter

The ISFJ theme is protecting and caretaking, making sure their charges are safe from harm. Talents lie in making sure everything is taken care of so others can succeed and accomplish their goals. Desiring to serve individual needs, often work long hours. Quietly friendly, respectful, unassuming. Thrive on serving quietly without fanfare. Devoted to doing whatever is necessary to ensure shelter and safety, warning about pitfalls and dangers and supporting along the way.

PeaceAndMusic

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
So why do you feel like you don't relate to Fi anymore? Is it just that you feel Fe>Fi?

Many reasons, hard to explain, but it has become quite clear that I'm no "P"! I am very much stuck in my ways for one! :D
Also, I am NOT easygoing. Not by a long shot! :D

Last edited:

PeaceAndMusic

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
SFJ - Protector Supporter

The ISFJ theme is protecting and caretaking, making sure their charges are safe from harm. Talents lie in making sure everything is taken care of so others can succeed and accomplish their goals. Desiring to serve individual needs, often work long hours. Quietly friendly, respectful, unassuming. Thrive on serving quietly without fanfare. Devoted to doing whatever is necessary to ensure shelter and safety, warning about pitfalls and dangers and supporting along the way.

That settles it! I am an ISFJ! Thanks for posting this!

/DG/

Oh whoops, it seems I'm a bit late to the party. Well I'm glad you sorted it all out!

/DG/

[MENTION=16882]PeaceAndMusic[/MENTION] - Woo! Us SJ's can party too! :rock: