User Tag List

Thread: What's my Niece's type?

Unhappy What's my Niece's type?

I have absolutely no idea what my 8 yr old niece's type is.
    She likes cooking, science, legos, being read to, pretend play (usually about dogs, Indians, or superpowers), and ball games.
    More than anybody I know, she likes doing anything she's good at and avoids everything she's not. She had trouble reading at first because she wasn't good at it right away.
    She loathes when other people control her, but she enjoys controlling others. It's not so much that she wants to go first; she just likes to choose who goes first.
    She remembers EVERYTHING. Like what a person she met when she was four looked like. She also remembers words, and the context of words. Like once, after going to conference on therapy with her parents (I babysat her the whole time) she said to her mom "momma, you've got to honor my bedtime."
    She's very good at understanding plays (theatre). I've taken her w/ me to Hamlet and the Tempest, and she's understand more than i have! When I took her to the musical Wicked, I played with her a game where i asked questions about the characters like "Do you think Fiero would prefer going to a party or settling down with a good book?" She loved that!
    When she gets angry, she yells. Which seems extroverted feeling to me, but she doesn't like being around strangers and won't let go of her mom's hand in any kind of gathering.

To the top of the world Array arcticangel02's Avatar

Have a look at this website:

Personality and Kids

At the age of eight, personalities are usually not very well developed, or at least not apparent to outside observers. That website might help out.
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

9w1 sx/so

Based on this, I'm picking up an INJ or an ISJ. Is she more detail-oriented or big picture? Does she like playing sports with teams or individual performance?

Senior Member Array alcea rosea's Avatar

When she grows up it's easier to define her type. She is still developing her functions.