• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or INTP?

Dabears

MBTI Type
ntp
Does anyone know any articles or tests on this? I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I have characteristics of both.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Why don't you start by describing yourself a bit?

Dabears

MBTI Type
ntp
When it comes to people I seem to be more introverted, I can be by myself for days and it won't affect me much. I hate one on one interaction because people bore me and I have an extremely short attention span. So at school I don't end up talking that much. But I always need to be doing something and can't sit still, I don't mind crowds and nothing holds my attention very long, and I am very arguementitive.

/DG/

Hmm...your short attention span makes me think you might be Ne dominant, but I'm not sure.

Can you tell me which of these you relate to more?

Being inventive. Talented at building prototypes and getting projects launched. Lifelong learning. Enjoy the creative process. Share their insights about life’s possibilities. Strategically formulate success. An inviting host. Like the drama of the give and take. Trying to be diplomatic. Surprised when their strategizing of relationships becomes problematic.

or

Becoming an expert. Seeing new patterns and elegant connections. Talent for design and redesign. Crossing the artificial boundaries of thought. Activate the imagination. Clarifying and defining. Making discoveries. Reflect on the process of thinking itself. Detach to analyze. Struggle with attending to the physical world.

Also, which of these two fits you best?

Get-Things-Goingâ„¢

The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They Get-Things-Goingâ„¢ with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.

or

Behind-the-Scenesâ„¢

The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

Dabears

MBTI Type
ntp
Uhhhh. As always I can do both. But I think I would rather be the guy getting things going, but in most situations my Ti is like a leash holding me back. I know what I want to do immediately but Ti is like "wait just watch."

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
just switch between the two depending on your mood? why the need to define? seems Ji dom so intp xD

OMG SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

/DG/

What about the first two descriptions? The ones that start with "Becoming an expert" or "Being inventive."

Dabears

MBTI Type
ntp
I am more like the expert although I don't struggle in the physical world

/DG/

Haha. You picked INTP for one of the two paragraphs and ENTP for the other set of two paragraphs.

I dunno. :/

Dabears

MBTI Type
ntp
Yeah I don't know either, but I guess it is not that important. Thanks anyway.

/DG/

Yeah I don't know either, but I guess it is not that important. Thanks anyway.
There are actually quite a few people on these boards who are pretty good at typing, but they often don't visit this subforum. It's really not very active here, unfortunately.