First 123 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Have them take this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Thanks for responding. Just wondering...where are you getting the N from? Also, do you have any particular Enneagram test in mind?
    It's more a feeling than a provable fact
    Did yb2 already do a test?

MBTI
    INTP

These results may be 0-100% accurate. Use them at your own risk.

Brother 1: ENTJ ESTJ?
    Brother 2: INFJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Older brother sounds ExTJ to me. His lack of perfectionism sounds like he lacks a strong (at least tertiary), introverted, judging function - that appears in my ESTJ brother as well. I might have even guessed IxTJ, were it not for this, as IxTJs take some more pride in what they do. Don't trust the tests.

The younger one is more likely INFP. The reasoning is kind of obvious.

Now, where is my cupcake?
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

The older brother definitely seems like a mellow ExTJ while the younger brother gives off an IxFP vibe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

YB2 definitely INFP or ISFP. I initially guessed ISFP but others seem to think INFP, and I can see that as well. My girlfriend is a geography major and she is an INFP. I too love anything to do with geography, and we kind of bond over it. Never met anyone that loves geography as much as me. XD She seems more interested in the culture and landmarks and history aspect, whereas I am more interested in geopolitics, and physical geography too, though to a lesser extent, and I like to memorize information about different countries, e.g. the flags and capitals. Just for fun. You know, in case I'm ever on a trivia show. Maybe knowing our different motivations for liking geography will help decide if he uses Ne or Se, who knows.

YB1 is indeed a bit tougher. I really thought he seemed like a Ti user, so it is very weird he keeps getting those results. I don't know how you feel about JCF versus MBTI, but I think the cognitive function quizzes are a little more reliable, to an extent. This one is decent: http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/cog_jung.pl Ti users IRL don't seem terribly amused by personality psychology, just because they are so skeptical and always looking to disprove whatever you're interested in. Heh. Once he reads a description that describes him well though, he may show more interest. It sounds like he isn't relating much to his results if he thinks it's so silly. When he is taking the quizzes, are you leaving him alone or helping him? I personally think it can be helpful if you stand by and offer to answer any questions he may have about wording or deeper meaning of a question. It's weird, but sometimes the questions are worded oddly and you really need to understand the meaning of the question in order to answer it correctly.

your resident asshole

So I realized I stopped responding to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Have them take this.
    Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I actually really dislike this test. The questions are rather broad and ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Older brother sounds ExTJ to me. His lack of perfectionism sounds like he lacks a strong (at least tertiary), introverted, judging function - that appears in my ESTJ brother as well. I might have even guessed IxTJ, were it not for this, as IxTJs take some more pride in what they do. Don't trust the tests.
    Interesting. So you associate Ti and Fi with perfectionism then?

The younger one is more likely INFP. The reasoning is kind of obvious.

Now, where is my cupcake?
    It's not obvious to me! I am very terrible at telling sensors from intuitors in real life. What makes you sure of the Ne? How can I tell the difference?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

YB#1 is indeed a ExTJ. I can't decide if whether a sensor or N-user by the way...
    YB#2 is very likely an INFP, but he could easily be an ISFP as well.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Ok, I think entp for older brother and infp for younger. This would be a rough mix! (I'm a mother). What type are you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I actually really dislike this test. The questions are rather broad and ambiguous.
    That's the problem I have with these tests as well.

Interesting. So you associate Ti and Fi with perfectionism then?
    Yes, I would say so to some extent. An INTJ friend who's just getting into Te now, so to speak, seems to lack it as well - Fi is not his territory. I think Fi might be more perfectionistic about values and actions, while Ti is more about one's structure (thoughts and understanding), but the two are almost synonymous.

However, I find this perfectionism is not the same as working hard for good marks and devoting your time to such things. I've noticed amongst both heavy Fi's and Ti's that they don't really care as much about these things: they sort of get their satisfaction from the things themselves, not from what the things have to offer.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer