User Tag List

First 3456 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm thinking I'm probably INFJ in of those loop thingies. But I still don't believe in having to be only one type, it is only a central type for now. It's like:

ENTP-->ENFP

INFJ-->INTP-->INTJ

Edit: And the website doesn't like my creative spacing, so the diagram doesn't work. ENTP is supposed to be over INTP with an arrow pointing down, and ENFP over INTJ with an arrow.

Computers really inhibit my style of communication sometimes, since more often than not I think in pictures and diagrams instead of in a linear fashion (sounds like Ni). And I'm not computer savvy enough to make a nice little diagram in a program and then paste it on here.

Ginkgo

For Ti, additional information is negligible when trying to arrive at a conclusion. For Te, data cluster after data cluster must be collected, which frequently demands a consensus before having a sense of assurance for a claim. If the data doesn't add up in the mind of the Te user, judgment is put on hold, and in some cases completely disregarded and considered irrelevant from overall goals. Te tends to add complexity to a design, while Ti subtracts for the sake of recognizing the core components.

I see you as an INFP because you keep bringing new, irrelevant information to the table. I think that if you were an INTP, you would have claimed a type by now; whether you claimed INTP or INFP would be subject to your level of accuracy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm thinking I'm probably INFJ in of those loop thingies. But I still don't believe in having to be only one type, it is only a central type for now.
    Your "central type" is your one best-fit type. That is how it works for everyone. You can use non-preferred functions and emulate other types, such that someone who interacts with you at those times might think it is your actual type, but it isn't.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Your "central type" is your one best-fit type. That is how it works for everyone. You can use non-preferred functions and emulate other types, such that someone who interacts with you at those times might think it is your actual type, but it isn't.
    Maybe, but I'm still skeptical. Some people are more ambiguous than others, and emulate other types more frequently and completely than others. And some people just really fit their type, while others have characteristics which are relatively unchangeable that contradict their type, making me think they are a combination. The whole system seems to be based on preference between opposites, and in my experience of understanding the world, the best place is usually in the middle. The answer is just rarely an extreme. I know Jung and the theory says we have to have a strict hierarchy, but I don't think it has to be that strict. While it's true that to come to a decision one thing has to "win" over all the others, and it's usually efficient to have a method for decision making, I think it can vary based on the type of decision and circumstances. I don't believe the hierarchy has to be that strict, or linear.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm thinking I'm probably INFJ in of those loop thingies.

I'm glad you finally figured out what type you think yourself to be!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post

I'm glad you finally figured out what type you think yourself to be!
    I love motivational posters!

Ah well you know, it's probably not a permanent thing anymore than the original INTP was. :/ My true type is still a mystery. I'm just shifting focus. But the INFJ posters seem to fit me a shade better than INTP...

And you?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

And you?
    Sadly I'm still undecided though perhaps if you are still unsure as well you could consult @AffirmitiveAnxiety as he is supposedly INFJ according to a professional analysis he just recieved and I think he agrees with the decision so maybe you could come to some sort of concensus on this INFJ typing. Perhaps then you could discover the secret.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Maybe, but I'm still skeptical. Some people are more ambiguous than others, and emulate other types more frequently and completely than others. And some people just really fit their type, while others have characteristics which are relatively unchangeable that contradict their type, making me think they are a combination. The whole system seems to be based on preference between opposites, and in my experience of understanding the world, the best place is usually in the middle. The answer is just rarely an extreme. I know Jung and the theory says we have to have a strict hierarchy, but I don't think it has to be that strict. While it's true that to come to a decision one thing has to "win" over all the others, and it's usually efficient to have a method for decision making, I think it can vary based on the type of decision and circumstances. I don't believe the hierarchy has to be that strict, or linear.
    Are you ambidextrous? Most of us have a preferred hand (or foot, or eye), but that doesn't stop us from using the other one. Yes, it is a preference between opposites, but their use is not mutually exclusive. And yes, some people are better at emulating other types than others. Those seemingly atypical characteristics you sometimes observe, however, might have very "typical" origins in motivation and background.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

So could you give us your reasoning as to why you now choose to type as INFJ?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    For Ti, additional information is negligible when trying to arrive at a conclusion. For Te, data cluster after data cluster must be collected, which frequently demands a consensus before having a sense of assurance for a claim. If the data doesn't add up in the mind of the Te user, judgment is put on hold, and in some cases completely disregarded and considered irrelevant from overall goals. Te tends to add complexity to a design, while Ti subtracts for the sake of recognizing the core components.

I see you as an INFP because you keep bringing new, irrelevant information to the table. I think that if you were an INTP, you would have claimed a type by now; whether you claimed INTP or INFP would be subject to your level of accuracy.
    So INFP is the default for Te use? I think this is a leap.

I follow your reasoning, and I see its merit; however I did start by claiming a type; I only became uncertain after relentless argument with my decision. It's like I can't win; I start by saying I'm 99% sure I'm INTP, then people say they're 99% sure I'm INFP, so I listen to their arguments and see things from other points of view, and then the fact that I listen to them means I'm INFP. If I don't listen people are upset, if I do then that automatically means they're right.

Care to comment on post #13 about Fe use vs. Fi? It's pretty important in distinguishing between INFP and iNfj.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    So could you give us your reasoning as to why you now choose to type as INFJ?
    I'm not strong on any letter, but strongest on N, so it gets a capital letter.

It's a suitable compromise. I'll be NF and make people happy, and I get to keep my beloved Ti. And the functions fit me pretty well. It's not a perfect fit; the puzzle pieces still don't quite fit together, but they add up to something that resembles a puzzle rather than a collection of random pieces. So it'll do for now. And the motivational posters fit for the most part. And I identify with INFJ's on here as much as INTX if not more. Ni fits as well as Ne, Fe is definitely > Fi, Ti fits, and Se > Si kind of fits too. I still think inferior Fe fits better than inferior Se, but inf. Se fits well enough I guess. Basically I don't really care and it works. There are a lot of other little clues and bits of evidence as well.