User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 54

  1. #11
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Or fe for that matter
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #12
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok, apparently I strike people as Fi. But of the 4 Fi people I know, I am nothing like them feeling-wise. Really. Can I ask where you see Fi in my answers to these questions? I don't see it at all, except maybe the one about basing my goals on inspiration. I'm trying to provide actual "evidence" to base things on here, rather than my username and avatar and the fact that I get frustrated with this whole thing (seems rather self validating).
    You have never struck me as Fi, but rather much more Fe. I have pointed this out on a couple of occasions in other threads. Also, you are definitely a perceiver, and seem to use Ne > Ni. More and more I see you as similar to a couple (male) INFPs I have known, who have been strong, logical thinkers but share your strong spiritual side, love of nature, etc.

    Now here's a wild speculation: you mentioned having difficulty with social skills, perhaps even asbergerish tendencies. If so, your preference for Fe might be frustrated by a lack of innate ability with it. As a result, you resorted to your next judging function, Ti, and developed more proficiency with it than your average Fe-aux ever would. (Ignore if way off base.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  3. #13
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I see what you me about Fi...I'm not sure how you are irl with your emotions. I feel like I relate to Fi users...Like they're the only one's I can feel the emotional vibes off of if you know what I mean. So I wouldn't be able to determine that unless irl really. Also my INFP friend just did this the other day: I told her I would do a huge favor for her and she was EXTREMELY happy. To me I could tell that she was so happy because to me it is expressed by holding in tears of being overwhelmed and hugging someone. <--Hugging is a very NF thing to do in general I find. They love hugs...hugs make things ok at the end of the day. But I had a connection with her because she was introverting her emotions. Not because she was smiling...so what i'm getting to is...do you feel like you express yourself as easily as others(not to be mistaken for disclosing info) or does it feel better to just do your own thing when you're feeling a strong emotion... A lot of isfp's I know don't think that they us Fi primarily becuase they do it so naturally...it can be difficult to detect...

    Hmm...you do have a point about INTP's or INFP's irl and on here...there may be a difference...INTJ's do seem very withdrawn, maybe only having a small circle that they really open up to...

    Can you give examples of when you use Fe?
    I relate to Fe users more in terms of emotions. I relate strongly to what Fidelia writes, I feel the emotions of my ENFJ friend obnoxiously strongly (and I always know what she's feeling and why), I relate to the expression style of my INTP Metaphysics professor, and a couple of other friends I suspect of being Fe users. The Fi doms I know irl just react so...strongly to things, and something in me always wants to recoil. I can never predict it or find patterns in it, or an underlying basis of reason. Fe at least has underlying patterns of social expectations, and you can predict it because they react to things you can see, as a mirror. I don't identify with what Fi doms write, I don't behave or feel the same way in relationships (and if I ever do it's not for the same reasons), I don't like the same music or art, I don't fight the same way, I don't solve problems or resolve conflicts the same way. Need I go on? My feelings are like a mirror. I don't react to things in the outside world for no reason- I'm not easily affected. People's moods affect my mood even without me realizing it. Personal identity is not important to me- I don't really feel I have it; I feel like I just exist as a collection of reflections.

    In real life with my emotions: I express them easily in words, and I'm happy to do it, but I'm not outwardly expressive. I can be animated and enthusiastic, but it's not in a "forceful" way like I observe in strong Fi's. I always feel like I'm in control of how expressive I am. (And speaking of lack of expression, I usually talk in a quiet, low monotone.) I get really excited about relationships, and turn into an ecstatic anime girl. But I don't get attached to them or get my heart broken. And I've never experienced romantic feelings which weren't returned, and don't intend to (I've noticed Fi users seem to find this romantic, are comfortable with it, and do it easily- none of which applies to me).

    I like hugs, but I can be standoffish. It depends on who wants to hugs me.

    If all this doesn't sound like Fe, people need to read some threads comparing the two functions and look at people's responses. There's more, if anyone needs further convincing.

    Edit: Another Fe thing:
    I'm great at playing music and pretty good at understanding poetry, but I can't compose music to save my life, and I suck at writing poetry which is anything like meaningful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I'm just not sure you understand fi much.
    I understand it a lot more than I used to, but the fact that I don't automatically suggests to me that I don't relate to it. I do relate to Fe, and it makes perfect sense to me.
    Last edited by greenfairy; 10-22-2012 at 05:15 PM.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I agree with @Lady X that you probably don't know enough about the functions to make a completely accurate self analysis (don't worry as I don't understand them that well either), but I do at least know that when you ask for evidence or empirical proof I believe that is Te because Ti would follow their own internal sense of logic whereas Te seeks external validification though someone correct me if I am wrong. When I edit this post I can pull up some good proof that you might use Te and Fi but it will require time for me to do so by researching your posting history and for all I know the conclusion could completely defy my expectations so the search will begin now and yes this is kind of like trolling but it's for a good purpose!

    All of that said I think you should really be asking yourself whether you specialize in Ni or Ne if you need to pick between INTJ and INFP though you will have to ask someone else the dynamics behind those functions as I don't fully understand them hence I lable myself IxTP.

    edit: Note that my understanding of typology is rather shallow so my assumptions here could be completely off base though I will make an honest attempt to analyze the functions @greenfairy might specialize in:
    I like it both rough and (kind of) gentle, as long as it's artistic (meaning we'd look pretty on film). I imagine I'm being video taped and that turns me on more than physical sensations. Usually I have to consciously focus on what my body is feeling, and the energy. I'm a tantric animal. And a fairy of course. I like pretty much any position, and I like variety. Oh, and threesomes are nice now and then. Except it becomes hard to concentrate on two people at the same time. And I really like doing it in the woods. Except there's no electrical outlet.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...25#post1973625
    That could be Ni and Se since there is a focus on external sensation or Se and also a focus on how it transforms your internal state Ni.

    I am a great mystery lol. That which is the true Tao cannot be put into words. The essence of greenfairy because she is in harmony with the Tao cannot be put into a box and limited by language. I must be known with the intuition through the third eye.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...61#post1973261
    This reeks of an Ni mystical metamorphosis.

    I'm high on life as much as possible. The infinite complexity of life and the universe, the interconnectedness of everything, and simplicity and symmetry of truth all make me feel in harmony. If anything tries to get me down I think about it philosophically and spiritually and remember that it's just an illusion.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...22#post1972622
    I'm not sure what functions are showing here though it doesn't seem like something an INTP would say.

    Au contraire. I do not desire power at all. I seek to be in harmony with the power of reality.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...33#post1968533
    This may or may not have anything to do with functions but it does have an NF vibe to it as many NTs would seek not only to center himself/herself with the universe but also to ultimately control it and obtain mastery over it though there is the Albert Einstein sort of NT who is more about harmony that power so I guess it could click as it probably depends on how you wish to use your knowledge which is what the classical NT endlessly seeks.

    I'm fascinated by the anarchist mentality. I want to be free and in solidarity with my fellow free people. I want to live a sustainable, independent lifestyle. I want to be able to survive in any situation, using mad ninja skills.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...8712&p=1964894
    Again I'm not really seeing any functions but I am seeing the self preservation or Sp instinct here so it might be one of your top 2 instinctual variants though I would guess you are sexual first.

    Both, in fact. But in my confusion I get closer to the truth. I identify things about myself which are true in certain instances, and patterns of behavior motivated by certain things. Putting it into a framework, even multiple frameworks, helps it all make sense.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...21#post1962621
    I'm no expert but the framework references could be Ti organization though the patterns if following a straight line of reasoning or a cause and effect cycle could also be Te dynamics and since this is your own analysis of yourself I can't be sure that this is how you really think or rather how you think you think.

    Space Cadet who is capable of organizing information, Clinger (when I'm insecure and confused and find myself making mistakes all the time) who is perfectly willing to express ideas and opinions. I don't mind being managed, but I hate being micromanaged because it's condescending and makes me nervous. In that case, if I have a boss who is mean and critical I become a Challenger and start looking for a new job.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...94#post1952894
    This could be function related but I know at least that this willingness to challenge authority expressed here is more T than F.

    We are part of nature, and the part of us which knows it continually searches for the connection. We've separated ourselves from the natural environment, where in order to survive we had to be tested against the elements and animals. In order to survive in nature we had to possess those qualities we think of as valuable, and now we have to create those situations in order to feel the same thing.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...8162&p=1949023
    I have no idea what to make of this but I like your idea of connecting with the harmony of the natural world and attracting positive things into your life in a constant process of self creation though there is also a focus an conflicting forces and the fight for survival so this might be a T trait if by searching for connections you mean understanding the mechanisms by which the world works but if you are seeking harmony that might be more NF.

    I've thought about it, and the fact is that the evidence I've been presented with on here is a small amount compared with the evidence in my own mind, so it's not really that unreasonable. I've read a lot of things and a lot of threads, and, for example, I identify with what Fe users say in their Fe thread far more than the Fi users, and the Fe users identify with what I say. (I could still be an Fi user as in INTJ, but I doubt I'm Fi dominant. And I could be INFJ.) I do this kind of thing with everything; I too notice what different types say and how they say it, and I have made informed decisions. I know what resonates with me and what describes my behavior. I know what types' opinions and thinking styles I feel more drawn to. I can't possibly regurgitate all this on an online forum. So I wouldn't say I'm choosing to believe something despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary; I just file it all away along with my own evidence and look at how it stacks up.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...30#post1944330
    I think this final quote I am including here as I don't have all the time I would like to add more pretty much speaks for itself and sums up everything we have argued for your typing case here so my conclusion on your type is


    Everyone else feel free to draw upon all of the quotes provided here to make your own arguments as well as to make your own judgments on the type the OP might be or even to refute the logic behind claims I made in this.

  5. #15
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I agree with @Lady X that you probably don't know enough about the functions to make a completely accurate self analysis (don't worry as I don't understand them that well either), but I do at least know that when you ask for evidence or empirical proof I believe that is Te because Ti would follow their own internal sense of logic whereas Te seeks external validification though someone correct me if I am wrong. When I edit this post I can pull up some good proof that you might use Te and Fi but it will require time for me to do so by researching your posting history and for all I know the conclusion could completely defy my expectations so the search will begin now and yes this is kind of like trolling but it's for a good purpose!

    All of that said I think you should really be asking yourself whether you specialize in Ni or Ne if you need to pick between INTJ and INFP though you will have to ask someone else the dynamics behind those functions as I don't fully understand them hence I lable myself IxTP.
    That sounds like a valiant effort, my friend! And if you would like me to analyze you, let me know.

    I do think I understand them now- at least the F and T functions. I've read enough threads and descriptions to get an intuitive feel for them, and intellectually understand how they work.

    As for Te, I can see that. But I see Ti as well. I do use my own logic. Like I say, I'm not doing this to have people help me decide- I want to convince people, not be convinced. I am searching for information, because more information is always good. I think I am being misunderstood on this. I already have my own ideas, and the more I learn the more I become convinced of them. However, I see myself more in different types the more I learn as well; it just becomes a modification of the ideas I already have.


    Edit: Awesome analysis, RaptorWizard!

  6. #16
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I'm just not sure you understand fi much.
    ^ This. When people remain undecided on the MBTI for this long, I find that it's usually from lack of understanding of the system.
    (I learned this from Marm.)


    To answer the implicit question in the OP:
    - You self-type as being an introvert, and you say that you're extremely introspective and very quiet, so I'll trust you on that;
    - You come across as significantly more Ne than Ni;
    - You come across as being either a Ti user or an Fi user; and
    - I am fairly certain that you're a Perceiver. (<-- Edited from being "100% certain")

    So... INxP.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  7. #17
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You have never struck me as Fi, but rather much more Fe. I have pointed this out on a couple of occasions in other threads. Also, you are definitely a perceiver, and seem to use Ne > Ni. More and more I see you as similar to a couple (male) INFPs I have known, who have been strong, logical thinkers but share your strong spiritual side, love of nature, etc.
    Thanks for acknowledging my Fe observations. Although jumping from that to INFP is a big leap. Can I ask how I resemble the INFP's you know more specifically? When I thought it was my type, I did focus on the spirituality and connection with nature (although connection with nature is usually attributed to S types).
    Edit: Oh yeah, and thanks for saying I'm logical. That's refreshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Now here's a wild speculation: you mentioned having difficulty with social skills, perhaps even asbergerish tendencies. If so, your preference for Fe might be frustrated by a lack of innate ability with it. As a result, you resorted to your next judging function, Ti, and developed more proficiency with it than your average Fe-aux ever would. (Ignore if way off base.)
    I think this actually makes a lot of sense. So that would make me (centrally) INFJ. I'm ok with that. It would also make me more introverted than I naturally want to me, so my real type might be E something.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ This. When people remain undecided on the MBTI for this long, I find that it's usually from lack of understanding of the system.
    (I learned this from Marm.)


    To answer the implicit question in the OP:
    - You self-type as being an introvert, and you say that you're extremely introspective and very quiet, so I'll trust you on that;
    - You come across as significantly more Ne than Ni;
    - You come across as being either a Ti user or an Fi user; and
    - I am fairly certain that you're a Perceiver. (<-- Edited from being "100% certain")

    So... INxP.
    Ok. Fair enough. Thought on my Fe post? (#13)

  8. #18
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    I don't think it's lack of understanding of the system, although I could be wrong. I'm usually able to understand systems very quickly and apply them. I think in systems. But I'll keep learning and see if I change my mind.

  9. #19
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah, but INTJ's have Fi as only a tertiary function, so they don't really look like INFP's because INFP's are Fi dominant. And if I'm INFJ with T tendencies, then I could pretty easily switch by Ni bringing up Fi from the unconscious. Conversely, if I'm INTJ with P tendencies, it would do the same with Fe- and would fit with INFJ. The point is that if I'm INXX, I could easily switch between the 4 types and have a strong preference for Fe at the same time- being the 2 Fe using types most often, then INTJ, then INFP. You see?
    yea, I know what you mean...the only thing is...if you're talking to a another person that is "hardcore" MBTI...they will tell you that you can only have one dominant function and you are primarily using that function all the time. The only real exception to that are introverts. Introverts have their first function really developed just like most types, but introverts
    are forced to develop their second function very early and to an ok level. And that's because when you're interracting with people(which we have to do, we all do to an extent) you're using the extraverted function which for introverts is the second function. Long story short...introverts are just more developed usually than extraverts...in that they HAVE to use their first two functions to actaully "function" in the world. Where extraverts don't have to. I just think that that's where some of the confusion is also coming from. So when you're talking about switching between 4 types that starts to make me cringe. Cause that would mean that you have 2 introvered dominant functions...that would mean you might be really developed and in your 50's-80's <---to me lol...cause people don't develop those that quickly. Also then that means that you have 2 auxiliary functions really developed...which then I would envy you...cause I don't even have one lol...but if you just say either intj or infj... i can completely understand...cause then you would be on the border for only the auxilaries...and just need to decide which one...

    Which by the way I wanted to just point out... with this quote to Raptor Wizard :"Well then I guess they're not very experienced typologists, because I've tested this way several times, including the first time when I took the official MBTI test. I'm not saying I think this is my definite type, but it certainly seems like I resemble it. Out of curiosity, how many are "they"? Yes, I know I have to find the answer within. I'm content with INXJ/XNTP, but the point is I can't seem to persuade "the public" that I know what I'm talking about, and unfortunately this fact bothers me. I sometimes feel like people just aren't listening to what I say and don't care what I think, and so it's kind of pointless me even being on here if I can't contribute to a type forum by using typology. <--Fe btw, being concerned about relating to a group." This sounds like Te actually...to me...it's only my opinion and my first function...but it sounds like a Te venting. When I read that...I just saw anger coming out. That doesn't sound like a INTP just venting...they will tear you apart and leave nothing for the scavangers. Also the only other note I wanted to present to you was that Fe and Te are in the same area in the brain and can be easily confused...

    INTP

    Dominant: Introverted Thinking In the way you write I dont see this<-- I feel like Jennifer is an INTP female on here that I've seen use the most Fe...I just don't think you're an INTP, I don't feel like they use all the Fe you are saying you have.
    Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition
    Tertiary: Introverted Sensing
    Inferior: Extraverted Feeling


    INFJ

    Dominant: Introverted Intuition < I didn't know that you thought you had Ni as a Dominant<--that might be possible...but you were also saying you were witty entertaining and curious that's Ne
    Auxiliary: Extraverted Feeling
    Tertiary: Introverted Thinking
    Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

    INTJ

    Dominant: Introverted Intuition < ---As before...they're withdrawn...but maybe you've developed the auxilaryy well....?
    Auxiliary: Extraverted Thinking
    Tertiary: Introverted Feeling
    Inferior: Extraverted Sensing

    INFP

    Dominant: Introverted Feeling
    Auxiliary: Extraverted Intuition < I get the sense that you have a lot of this
    Tertiary: Introverted Sensing< what about this? do you think you are energized by Si?
    Inferior: Extraverted Thinking
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  10. #20
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't think it's lack of understanding of the system, although I could be wrong. I'm usually able to understand systems very quickly and apply them. I think in systems. But I'll keep learning and see if I change my mind.
    You're right that I could be wrong. The other alternative would be that you understand the system but don't necessarily know how to apply it.

    (I'm biased, because my problems are always with "getting" systems; once I get them, though, I can implement then like THAT. *snaps fingers*)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. Thought on my Fe post? (#13)
    Oh, didn't read it. Let's take a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I relate to Fe users more in terms of emotions. I relate strongly to what Fidelia writes, I feel the emotions of my ENFJ friend obnoxiously strongly (and I always know what she's feeling and why), I relate to the expression style of my INTP Metaphysics professor, and a couple of other friends I suspect of being Fe users. The Fi doms I know irl just react so...strongly to things, and something in me always wants to recoil. I can never predict it or find patterns in it, or an underlying basis of reason. Fe at least has underlying patterns of social expectations, and you can predict it because they react to things you can see, as a mirror. I don't identify with what Fi doms write, I don't behave or feel the same way in relationships (and if I ever do it's not for the same reasons), I don't like the same music or art, I don't fight the same way, I don't solve problems or resolve conflicts the same way. Need I go on? My feelings are like a mirror. I don't react to things in the outside world for no reason- I'm not easily affected. People's moods affect my mood even without me realizing it. Personal identity is not important to me- I don't really feel I have it; I feel like I just exist as a collection of reflections.

    In real life with my emotions: I express them easily in words, and I'm happy to do it, but I'm not outwardly expressive. I can be animated and enthusiastic, but it's not in a "forceful" way like I observe in strong Fi's. I always feel like I'm in control of how expressive I am. (And speaking of lack of expression, I usually talk in a quiet, low monotone.) I get really excited about relationships, and turn into an ecstatic anime girl. But I don't get attached to them or get my heart broken. And I've never experienced romantic feelings which weren't returned, and don't intend to (I've noticed Fi users seem to find this romantic, are comfortable with it, and do it easily- none of which applies to me).
    In fairness, re: second bolded, that forcefulness is usually just there with Fi dom/aux. I related a lot to what you said about stating your feelings openly without any affect to speak of; I'm Fi-inferior and if you watch any of my TypeC videos, you'll see that I'm just the same in that regard. (Hell, even my TypeC writing style is like that.) But yeah, you've made quite the convincing case for Fe, especially the first bolded.

    Not sure about @Coriolis ' point on you possibly being INFJ; I just don't see Ni in you much at all. For now I'm going with INTP with strong Fe.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. Imagine adding Me and Mi (motion) to the list of function attitudes.
    By Retmeishka in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 04:01 AM
  2. Applying to intern for Congressmen and my move to WASHINGTON DC!!!!!111!1one
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
  3. [Fi] Why is my response to other peoples crying to cry?
    By Cindy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 06:51 AM
  4. Come Take Our Tests and Post Your Results
    By ygolo in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 10:36 PM
  5. My response to negative emotion.
    By Athenian200 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO