User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Is my friend an ISFP or INFP?

    We're each others best friends for around 4 years now. She's a very go-with-the-flow, friendly person. At first, I actually thought she was an extravert but then I saw that she retreats to herself when she's sad. She really cares about being true to herself no matter. She doesn't care much about making friends if she's not being herself. She's a definite Fi-dominant. She's NEVER an asshole although sometimes her jokes can be slightly offensive. Everything is joked about between the two of us. I'm an ENTJ myself and I don't ever have to filter what I say around her. She's pretty accommodating. I'm not sure what else to say.

  2. #2
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    We're each others best friends for around 4 years now. She's a very go-with-the-flow, friendly person. At first, I actually thought she was an extravert but then I saw that she retreats to herself when she's sad. She really cares about being true to herself no matter. She doesn't care much about making friends if she's not being herself. She's a definite Fi-dominant. She's NEVER an asshole although sometimes her jokes can be slightly offensive. Everything is joked about between the two of us. I'm an ENTJ myself and I don't ever have to filter what I say around her. She's pretty accommodating. I'm not sure what else to say.
    Statistically she is much more likely to be ISFP... and your description, though very brief, gave no indication to the contrary.

    Ne tends to be pretty high-minded. They'll talk more about concepts and imaginary things more than real life. Don't base it off of creativity. A shocking majority of artists, composers, and super innovative musicians are ISFP while only a rare few are INFP. To give you an idea of what I mean by high-minded... famous INFP musicians are, let's say:

    Ben Gibbard
    Kurt Cobain (probably)
    Billy Corgan
    John Lennon

    They tend to be more cerebral, conceptual, highfalutin, etc.

    ISFPs are, the lions' share of the rest of the good singer-songwriters.

    arkigos = {
    mbti_type: INTP,
    cog_funcs: INTP.get_cog_funcs(),
    political_slogan: 'The INTP .... who cares!',
    influences: ['Socrates', 'Jesus', 'Descartes', 'John Stuart Mill', 'Kurt Cobain'],
    interests: ['History', 'Programming', 'Philosophy', 'Typing', 'Advocacy of the Devil'],
    alignment: neutral_good,
    }

  3. #3
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    Statistically she is much more likely to be ISFP... and your description, though very brief, gave no indication to the contrary.

    Ne tends to be pretty high-minded. They'll talk more about concepts and imaginary things more than real life. Don't base it off of creativity. A shocking majority of artists, composers, and super innovative musicians are ISFP while only a rare few are INFP. To give you an idea of what I mean by high-minded... famous INFP musicians are, let's say:

    Ben Gibbard
    Kurt Cobain (probably)
    Billy Corgan
    John Lennon

    They tend to be more cerebral, conceptual, highfalutin, etc.

    ISFPs are, the lions' share of the rest of the good singer-songwriters.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I felt like she was an ISFP too. I never felt like she used Ne. She really talks about her daily life more than concepts and imaginary things along with her feelings. Ah, Kurt Cobain, I love him.

  4. #4
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    Statistically she is much more likely to be ISFP... and your description, though very brief, gave no indication to the contrary.

    Ne tends to be pretty high-minded. They'll talk more about concepts and imaginary things more than real life. Don't base it off of creativity. A shocking majority of artists, composers, and super innovative musicians are ISFP while only a rare few are INFP. To give you an idea of what I mean by high-minded... famous INFP musicians are, let's say:

    Ben Gibbard
    Kurt Cobain (probably)
    Billy Corgan
    John Lennon

    They tend to be more cerebral, conceptual, highfalutin, etc.

    ISFPs are, the lions' share of the rest of the good singer-songwriters.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I felt like she was an ISFP too. I never felt like she used Ne. She really talks about her daily life more than concepts and imaginary things along with her feelings. Ah, Kurt Cobain, I love him.

  5. #5
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    She's actually an INFP.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    We're each others best friends for around 4 years now. She's a very go-with-the-flow, friendly person. At first, I actually thought she was an extravert but then I saw that she retreats to herself when she's sad. She really cares about being true to herself no matter. She doesn't care much about making friends if she's not being herself. She's a definite Fi-dominant. She's NEVER an asshole although sometimes her jokes can be slightly offensive. Everything is joked about between the two of us. I'm an ENTJ myself and I don't ever have to filter what I say around her. She's pretty accommodating. I'm not sure what else to say.
    I can maybe help you with this since i had personal experience with my closest friend ISFP who was first mistyped as INFP. So i went with her through all that perceiving functions observation differentiation.

  7. #7
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpet View Post
    I can maybe help you with this since i had personal experience with my closest friend ISFP who was first mistyped as INFP. So i went with her through all that perceiving functions observation differentiation.
    Thank you, you've been too kind. Hmm what did you do? Like my friend gets INFP on tests and identifies with the description but she seems far more present-oriented than an INFP.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Thank you, you've been too kind. Hmm what did you do? Like my friend gets INFP on tests and identifies with the description but she seems far more present-oriented than an INFP.
    Well we sat on a coffee one day and i was talking about functions and i had papers with me. She was asking me to explain Se and i pointed out the possible visual and sensor orientation of Se. Their way of acting, experiences, impulsiveness. Basic differences between S and N types worked to point out that she is really an ISFP rather then INFP.
    It was pretty much simple...she clearly picked Se and Ni over Ne and Si. Which i think it's rather correct cuz she enjoys physical impulses, she is visually oriented and she is rather hedonistic type of a person.

  9. #9
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpet View Post
    Well we sat on a coffee one day and i was talking about functions and i had papers with me. She was asking me to explain Se and i pointed out the possible visual and sensor orientation of Se. Their way of acting, experiences, impulsiveness. Basic differences between S and N types worked to point out that she is really an ISFP rather then INFP.
    It was pretty much simple...she clearly picked Se and Ni over Ne and Si. Which i think it's rather correct cuz she enjoys physical impulses, she is visually oriented and she is rather hedonistic type of a person.
    That's really clever. Yeah that's kinda how my friend's like but not really hedonistic although pretty fun-loving. I just get this ISFP vibe, you know what I mean?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    39

    Default

    ISFP translates pretty closely with 4w3 enneagram... I just noticed while browsing this thread...

    Although Lennon was a 9w1...

Similar Threads

  1. Is my boyfriend an ENTJ or ESTJ?
    By Rosabel in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 05:08 PM
  2. [ENFP] is my friend an ENFP?
    By IndyGhost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 10:58 AM
  3. Is my Dad an INTJ or INTP?
    By Kenneth Almighty in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
  4. Is my friend an iNFP? Second opinion anyone?
    By PoprocksAndCoke in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 02:38 PM
  5. Is My Mom an ENFJ or ESFJ?
    By Ginkgo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO