User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I don't know what you're type is but just wanted to say that I am very much a ne Dom but can be totally socially awkward if I'm not feelin the people I'm with... Or synergy as you put it.

Enfps can either be way extroverted or not and I'm totally not... Not in the classic sort of way at least.

So if you think you're ne Dom I wouldn't rule it out just because you don't feel extroverted.

Know what I mean?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I don't know what you're type is but just wanted to say that I am very much a ne Dom but can be totally socially awkward if I'm not feelin the people I'm with... Or synergy as you put it.

Enfps can either be way extroverted or not and I'm totally not... Not in the classic sort of way at least.

So if you think you're ne Dom I wouldn't rule it out just because you don't feel extroverted.

Know what I mean?
    Well, for me, I can just sort of "tell" whether my personality will sync with others or not via an analysis of how they express themselves, such as body language, clothing, subject of conversation, etc. In fact, when I was in my period of social transition from being a full introvert to a more socialized person, I literally accumulated websites on the meaning of certain body gestures and postures just so I could correctly pick up these signals. (As one can tell, I used to not care about such things until I realized this wasn't helping me in my personal, social, or intellectual life.)

However, I'm not sure whether this is being Ne-dominant or whether I just tend to analyze a lot of things in life. Indeed, my ENFJ friend said one time when I was stuck in a rut that I "think too much" and that I needed to "listen to my heart". However, while I try to listen to them both, I end up following my reason based on bad experiences with my wacko sense of feeling imposing itself on the outside world.

And most of the time, I just have this gut feeling that full synergy isn't possible in a conversation: I tend to be very selective with the people that I talk to (and those often are the same people that I act like an ambivert around, with this effect being even more pronounced with my closest friends where I can get super-excited making up jokes as I go along). Instead, during parties and gatherings, I tend to wander around until I actually find an interesting conversation/person (or at least, a person that I actually know) - otherwise, I would rather just stay home and read the entirety of Wikipedia. I just hate mass social gatherings in which I know no one and would only go there if I felt it had utility such as gaining connections with important guests, etc. (My INTP colleague, however, is the exception - even my closest friends didn't start out with this sort of automatic connectivity! )
    "The words printed here are concepts. You must go through the experiences. " ~ St. Augustine

"Beware of the person of one book. " ~ St. Thomas Aquinas

MBTI
    INTP

As promised, here is my video. Hopefully, this will help somebody finally type me once and for all! (And this video is 15 minutes long: I know it's lengthy, but I think you have to watch the whole thing, as there are - I believe - some surface impressions that I go into more detail, especially towards the end.)

Also, what I mean by "flipped" at around 10:00 or so is not the fact that I actually "flipped" types - I know I have one dominant type, but my "flipping" refers to the fact that I've been going all over the place in terms of my MBTI online test results. (Just making sure I have that straightened out. . . .)

Finally, I'm subdued but not quite completely that quiet - it's the microphone acting up again. Actually, IRL, I can be so loud (even in normal speech) that people glare at me!
    "The words printed here are concepts. You must go through the experiences. " ~ St. Augustine

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

You're definitely an introvert. You're also definitely not an INFP. You appear INTP to me, but I'd also consider INTJ. INTJ's lead with a perceiving function and can often test as perceivers and appear like perceivers. Ni also tends to give a lot of different perspectives on your own processes, which can make self-assessment difficult. I might have been able to get a better read but honestly it was difficult to focus with the background noise. Though the evil cows in the background were a nice touch.

So, I'd say the question is, which of these two do you most identify with?

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

MBTI
    INTP

Heh, that's what I thought! (I hate inconsistencies like this when they occur - they're really annoying! Plus, I have an INFP friend, and she's waaay more spaced out and dreamy than I could ever be: not that I don't have those moments, but I'd rather go back to Earth pretty quickly.)

This also probably explains why I connected so well with my INTP colleague - we approach the world in almost the same way! (But when that happened, I found it interesting and yet slightly creepy: that's for another discussion though. )

Anyway, I'll check up on the type descriptions and see what I find, but at least I got the INT thing straightened out. Thanks a bunch!

And evil cows, you say? http://i.qkme.me/3pd67p.jpg (I think that was the computer fan acting up, fyi.)

MBTI
    INTP

Oh, BTW, I did read those posts, but they were a bit unclear for me because I have done both of these things in the past (e.g. I tend to be laid-back about ideas most of the time like an INTP, but when my principles are violated, I will act like an INTJ and lead the charge against the person who made that error).

But looking at this one INTP profile online (which is more specific but still understandable), I think I fit INTP more than I do INTJ.

For example, full proficiency is not as important to me as it would be to an INTJ, such as the fact that I'm gifted at classical piano, but I've never really bothered to practice one specific piece once I've mastered it. (And my ISTJ dad hates me for this! )

And I think this is one of the main reasons why I've been fluctuating these past few months in terms of MBTI results (emphasis mine):

"It is interesting to observe that the external world of the INTP involves a very free-spirited Ne-Fe partnership, while the internal world is a very clinical detail-structure-analysis Ti-Si combination. Hence, the outward behaviour of an INTP can contrast strongly with his introspective world."

That italicized part right there (plus a more-developed Fe) explains a lot for my non-congruent behaviors (me acting like an extrovert with my friends and acting like an introvert around strangers - such as in the video).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

is there a tea kettle going off in the background?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    is there a tea kettle going off in the background?
    A tea kettle?

No, it's just the microphone acting up (probably some sort of feedback loop going on in the sound system is my guess).

I sure wish I had a tea kettle though! (Nothing's better than a nice warm cup of green tea. . . . )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Oh okay... Well I couldn't listen to much of it because of that sound but you do seem introverted.
    -Jim Morrison