0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind
i just graduated college. today is the first day of my 2nd job and i need to start practicing for the LSATs a month ago, recently kicked out (then let back in a week later) from the house and after car, phone & rent are paid in a week i'll be broke. stressed? na!
no medications necessary, little age (early 20s) and in need of more sex.
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
wednesday night i went to a spoken word poetry performance at a local Ethiopian restaurant. one of the features themes was fatherhood. he was raised by a step-father because his biological father was a lame. and, he's a step-father to 15 year old, doing his best to impress upon the same beliefs. my mother & grandmother raised me. my biological father was rarely in the picture.
recently i've wondered how it'd be like to be a father. when i first looked at the picture i thought of why these 2 were walking down a corridor to public transportation? i figured they were in new york or a metropolis where you're better off hopping a bus or train than driving. when i looked at the sign though i realize they weren't american. the photograph's concept is obvious though. the photographer's angle depicts their ascension from darkness and blah-blahh-blah pretentious babble of guiding children from their darkness blah blah.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
ok, time to fix the car. how? first, got to get the car to the side of the road if i can. were going to have to pop the hood. i dont know enough about cars to change much, so if my friends don't were going to have to flag someone to help out.
more likely than not, though, i'd crack a joke or laugh it off. even though we might miss concert, as long as were having fun we won't be missing anything. plus, if the need is aching we'd all likely have cell phones; call a taxi or google search the nearest bus/train. there are more ways than a car fix to patch up the problem.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
leh go! if we've got a guy on driver-drink supervision and we've been invited to an afterparty (id like to assume with the artist) there is no point in skipping up the chance. although, if it was clear the driver had issues with being surrounded by the "festivities" without indulging, it might be wise to leave while we can. especially since most big concerts are rarely a Friday or Saturday night. dont want to lose cash (work) over a night of fun.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
it depends on the friend and if were all chatting. sometimes people say these things to get a reaction out of you, and more often than not i wont give them what they want. i'd likely speak up if i think the friend appears serious or otherwise i'll let it slide and watch them explain their belief out.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
we'd have to pick a belief. lets go with a dislike of pedophilia. i do stand-up comedy and the trade requires digging. the greats (and not so greats too) scavenge through menacing, obscure or mundane subjects and resurface on stage to humorously examine these matters for our entertainment & thought. child molestation is one of the very few beliefs which makes me uncomfortable. so, i crack jokes about white vans and make light of the situation. i am not disturbed by jokes on stage neither.
however, if i ever saw child molestation i'd do what most would. partake
in stopping the assailant. either by force or police force.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
what a big question. i think i developed my beliefs through unhealthy discourse, experience and finding out what works best. once upon a time i wasn't as open to homosexuality, strict view of monogamy, proponent for Christianity, but things change when you apply reason. now i am agnostic, engaged in relations with multiple partners, and i have friends of all sexual orientation or genders. with new information, i grew and expand their perspective to become more inclusive, as well as understanding.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
i like the questions, but i need to type the answers fast or i'll be bored. the aforementioned disclaimer is a clear indication my attention span is a distinguishing feature of my personality. however, my brain isn't scattered. i can focus. yet, the thirst for intrigue is likely unquenchable. the idea of sitting at a desk is mental suicide for a guy like me. i think i could live the jim halpert
(the office) life if i had to, yet my weekends would have to be filled or otherwise i'd become Creed Bratton.
although i can focus, my life isn't nearly as organized as i'd like. stand-up comedy, LSATs, girlfriend, jobs, peculiar sexual addictions, bank account are all a chore along with household task at times because i become lazy.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
when the adrenaline pumps, i pay mind. when i dont, the results are 65% likely i should have. however, i'd consider a gut feeling different than intuition in the jungian definition. although the note of irregularities in external or internal stimuli can be deemed to derive from the idea of unconscious or undecipherable data. i have a number of hunches about the political, economical and daily scene which have become nothing more than hunches. so, i don't weigh too much on them if i
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
pretty simple: i am energized by creating or physical activities. whether i be on stage performing, creating a new "social" bond, in class creating BS, writing, driving around town or playing a sport (basketball, football or rock climbing) my morale boost. anytime i do boring task which i am obligated to do out of some social necessity i can feel the urge to dash to the nearest exit.