User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Default Can we finally figure out what type I am?

It's a mystery! :chicken:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Hmm... Just nt? Weren't you an enfp when you joined? How have you decided against that?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    It's a mystery! :chicken:

you see...now that's exactly what im starting to wonder about myself lmao

give some smth what troubles you about typing yourself? What was the problem with ENFP? what is problem about which NT?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

I'll just type out my thoughts here.

EI

I'm not entirely sure about whether I'm introverted or extraverted. On one hand I have a tendency to want to stay inside and keep to myself, spending all my time reading about different things and using the computer, on the other hand I enjoy time spending with friends and family. I wouldn't necessarily say being in social situations drains me, I think it depends on the type of people I'm around. I do notice I prefer to create close relationships with a few people than have a wide circle of acquaintances.

SN

As far as sensing and intuition, I'm not entirely one hundred percent on the definitions of these. From what I gather intuition is possibilities and sensing is experiences, but I'm not sure whether those are directed inward or outward for me. When I think of possibilities, I like to take an existing theory (such as MBTI for example) and see how I take it and apply my own ideas to it, in other words: what is possible with this pre-existing idea?. I'd say I enjoy experiencing things in the moment, but I also do a lot of reflecting on past experiences.

T

I consider myself a thinker. I like to analyze data and categorize it, make lists and generally get a feel for how the data applies to existing theories and ideas and form new ones based off of that. A good example of this is how I take the existing parameters in a program like ImageMagick, create impulse response graphs for the various filters and then compare them to see which one is best in an ideal situation.

F

Feeling is a tough one, because although I can be somewhat selfish and uncaring, I also can be very empathetic and compassionate. Generally when I'm in a state of recluse I'm more prone to selfishness, but when I have an urge to be around others or in a social setting I lean more towards empathy and compassion. I'd say I'm generally more empathetic than I am uncaring.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

T

I consider myself a thinker. I like to analyze data and categorize it, make lists and generally get a feel for how the data applies to existing theories and ideas and form new ones based off of that. A good example of this is how I take the existing parameters in a program like ImageMagick, create impulse response graphs for the various filters and then compare them to see which one is best in an ideal situation.
    FYI, I'm absolutely an ENFP, and my hobbies include very serious Linuxing, microcontroller development and I'm a computer programmer by trade. Don't rule it out.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    FYI, I'm absolutely an ENFP, and my hobbies include very serious Linuxing, microcontroller development and I'm a computer programmer by trade. Don't rule it out.
    I just need a definitive answer, it's driving me crazy. :panic:

Maybe I've been over thinking it, maybe ENFP is right for me. I relate a lot with ENFPs and I think maybe I shouldn't have questioned my original score so much.
    Last edited by Grublet; 10-09-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: cuz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

"Finally?" You've been here for like a couple weeks. It took TypoC years to assign me a type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I just need a definitive answer, it's driving me crazy. :panic:

Maybe I've been over thinking it, maybe ENFP is right for me. I relate a lot with ENFPs and I think maybe I shouldn't have questioned my original score so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    "Finally?" You've been here for like a couple weeks. It took TypoC years to assign me a type.
    Hah, yeah.. just stick with anything that feels like a start.. hang around here, keep your eyes open and get a feel for it.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Everything I read and watch about the differences between ENTP and ENFP makes me want to say ENTP. Doctorjuice's videos have helped me a lot in this way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

EI

I'm not entirely sure about whether I'm introverted or extraverted. On one hand I have a tendency to want to stay inside and keep to myself, spending all my time reading about different things and using the computer, on the other hand I enjoy time spending with friends and family. I wouldn't necessarily say being in social situations drains me, I think it depends on the type of people I'm around. I do notice I prefer to create close relationships with a few people than have a wide circle of acquaintances.

SN

As far as sensing and intuition, I'm not entirely one hundred percent on the definitions of these. From what I gather intuition is possibilities and sensing is experiences, but I'm not sure whether those are directed inward or outward for me. When I think of possibilities, I like to take an existing theory (such as MBTI for example) and see how I take it and apply my own ideas to it, in other words: what is possible with this pre-existing idea?. I'd say I enjoy experiencing things in the moment, but I also do a lot of reflecting on past experiences.

T

F

Feeling is a tough one, because although I can be somewhat selfish and uncaring, I also can be very empathetic and compassionate. Generally when I'm in a state of recluse I'm more prone to selfishness, but when I have an urge to be around others or in a social setting I lean more towards empathy and compassion. I'd say I'm generally more empathetic than I am uncaring.
    Certainly an I. You don't mind the company of your friends or family, a close circle from what I understand; Es generally like interacting with others, whilst Is play favourites.

This game you play trying to connect theories to past experiences and other information you know certainly sounds Ni to me. S types would take the information for given.

So far: I & Ni; thus an INxJ.

And by your definition of your thinking process, it's Ti, and by your feeling, it's Fe--though I might be mistaken. The only introverted type which has preferred Ni, Fe and Ti is INFJ.

My conclusion: INFJ.

Before you set this in stone, you should wait for the thoughts of somebody more experienced than me.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer