User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

  1. #11
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    My guess based on your type-me video and this thread: ISTJ.

  2. #12
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    I got an istj vibe myself, from first speaking with you on vent actually. Could be wrong.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    My guess based on your type-me video and this thread: ISTJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I got an istj vibe myself, from first speaking with you on vent actually. Could be wrong.
    This could be the case, I've been leaning towards that conclusion myself. I've learned to understand that Sensing, Intuition, Thinking and Feeling don't have the same definitions in Jung-speak as they do in day-to-day parlance so I feel I'm approaching a more accurate assessment of myself.

  4. #14
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I'm leaning towards "hasn't yet quite fully developed as a person so it's not clear yet," which is why all these disparate types seem plausible to you. You've gone from ENFP to ESFP to ENTP to INTJ to ISTJ (with maybe a few other stopoffs in between) all in a matter of a few weeks. I think you're just discovering who you are as an adult. It's worth mentioning that the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, so someone's personality might not really "set" until then.

    I'd also go with "personality type is a fundamentally flawed/incomplete concept and you cannot ask it to fully define you" for 1000, Alex.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    I keep drawing the conclusion of INFP.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    ISTJ!

  7. #17
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    My guess based on your type-me video and this thread: ISTJ.
    Nico is rather amazing, so if you cannot trust your own judgement, trust his.

    *makes up for all those times she mistypes movie characters as INTJs to Nico's abject horror*

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC
    Posts
    276

    Default

    I stopped caring about this Myers-Briggs and Enneagram stuff, since I now know it's not useful for how I intended to use it I don't really need it anymore. I'd rather just be a person instead of trying to fit myself into a system that attempts to stereotype seven billion people.

  9. #19
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm leaning towards "hasn't yet quite fully developed as a person so it's not clear yet," which is why all these disparate types seem plausible to you. You've gone from ENFP to ESFP to ENTP to INTJ to ISTJ (with maybe a few other stopoffs in between) all in a matter of a few weeks. I think you're just discovering who you are as an adult. It's worth mentioning that the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, so someone's personality might not really "set" until then.

    I'd also go with "personality type is a fundamentally flawed/incomplete concept and you cannot ask it to fully define you" for 1000, Alex.
    Hmm this is a point. One that ive seen before, but also one which needs reiterating from time to time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    I stopped caring about this Myers-Briggs and Enneagram stuff, since I now know it's not useful for how I intended to use it I don't really need it anymore. I'd rather just be a person instead of trying to fit myself into a system that attempts to stereotype seven billion people.
    Ive talked with you lots of time in vent, but seeing as how im barely able to organise my own understanding of type theory into anything resembling a useful or accurate stance....im not really one to type others. I do remember asking you about Ne and where you saw it for yourself.

    Perhaps ISTJ IS closer than I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Nico is rather amazing, so if you cannot trust your own judgement, trust his.

    *makes up for all those times she mistypes movie characters as INTJs to Nico's abject horror*
    Indeed? I need to test this.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    So @Grublet how did you finally decide you are INTP despite the popular ISTJ opinion? Also you have yet to post an enneagram type so which one do you think you might be?

Similar Threads

  1. Can't figure out what my type is.
    By theflame in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2017, 03:23 PM
  2. Can't figure out what type I am.
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 10:44 PM
  3. Trying to figure out what type she is... HELP?
    By Wyst in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 03:52 PM
  4. [NT] Can't figure out what I am. :P INTP/ENTP hybrid.
    By Fluffywolf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
  5. New here and just want to finally figure out my type.
    By LeetoLydia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO