• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Finally got around to making a video...

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I may have posted this awhile ago, back in like August but I don't remember so I might not have, but yeah, here it is (possibly again?) if anyone wants to give me some opinions. I'm pretty sure I'm an IxFP if that gives you any clues but I may not be, where do you guys think I belong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT2OHfXraaQ
(I'm so painfully awkward in that video, it kills me to watch it back again XD)

Arkigos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
xxx
Your video was awesome and it was pretty cool that you had the guts to post it but also in the video to be so open and expressive.

I'll just spit it out that I think you are an ISFP and that I think that is a very good thing. You are in some great company if that is the case.

You talked almost exclusively about people and events in your video. This hints heavily to S. An N would tend to gloss over events (what is) in favor of their insights and interpretations of those things (what could be). Both N and S are capable of both, the difference is which takes precedence and comes naturally, especially in conversation (Ne secondary vs Ni tertiary).

So, where an INFP would have a secondary function of Ne to inform their primary Fi, an ISFP has Se. The difference is that INFP will inform their internal values with what COULD BE over what is. They will think in 'what ifs', ideals, and sometimes hyperbole. An ISFP will inform their internal values with the events and people in their life. So, they will focus mainly on the things that happen to them and how they value those things. An INFP will gloss over people and things in favor of ideals and new concepts.

But, don't think that only INFPs are creative or imaginative!!! Remember that ISFP has a tertiary Ni. This means that while they are informing their feelings with people and things, they are also quietly internalizing intuitive patterns from things. Whereas the INFPs like to socialize about and toss around new concepts and connections, the ISFP is slowly gathering them and working through them. This is why ISFP is actually often more likely to be a poet/musician/composer. In fact, the stereotype for ISFP is the singer-songwriter. A huge majority of musicians out there today are ISFPs (my favorite new band, AWOLNation, is an ISFP band). Only the really cerebral, fringe musicians tend to be INFP (Death Cab for Cutie comes to mind).

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hah, that's a great video, thanks for posting it. I would still say that you're an ISFP.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks for your input!
For awhile I was really really sure I was an ISFP, then I read the INFP profiles more thoroughly and was really really sure I was an INFP, and now I'm somewhere in the middle. XD It's hard for me to distinguish whether my N and S are introverted or extroverted, and I feel like they flip around a lot even though that's not possible. But a lot of people think that I'm an ISFP and only a handful think I'm an INFP, so I probably am an ISFP. XD
(Do you guys have any ideas on my enneagram from the video?)

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So I read some things that I hadn't found before on Ne vs. Ni and Se vs. Si. I was mostly confused on them because of the way most descriptions are written. I read about the thing that ISFPs do where, instead of looking at a tree and thinking of how it symbolizes their life like an INFP would, an ISFP would look at a tree and notice the details of its bark, the light filtering through the branches and the leaves, almost taking a snapshot in their mind and reaching out to feel the living thing in front of them and life at its fullest, and I had a revelation. I am completely an ISFP. You have NO idea how many moments I have like that saved away in my mind, like a little folder of pictures. Blue skies. Crying on my INFJ friend's shoulder, the wind on my face.
Then, just to be sure, I took a cognitive functions test (this one http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm ) and it said that I'm an ISFP. I think I scored Se 36.8 and Ni 34.2 (excellent use for both), with Ne and Si up in the late twenties with excellent use at well. So while I do use Ne and Si a lot (apparently), which was the source of my confusion in determining whether my S and N were I or E, I use Se and Ni a little bit more often and a little bit more comfortably, thus making them my dominant functions and my type an ISFP. You guys were right. :D
I seriously feel like I just solved all of the problems in the world. No more lingering uncertainty when I reached a tentative conclusion to one side or the other.
Thanks for you guys' help!
(Opinions on my enneagram are still welcome, however... x'D I think I'm a 4w5 possibly, do I give off that vibe to you guys?)

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty confident you're not ISFP. You seem clearly intuitive to me. In fact I would type you as Ni primary.

That's largely an intuitive read, but I'll point to a few clues. These are gross generalizations, but 1 clue is that ISFPs are, of all types, typically the least interested in profiling. You seem very interested. Another clue is that your two best friends are intuitives. The one dichotomy that's most correlated to compatibility is S/N. Your primary goal of helping people is not at all exclusive of ISFP, but is especially aligned with the NF temperament.

Your comment at the beginning about how you imagine what other people are feeling/seeing sounds Ni/Fe to me. You seem pretty clearly Fe to me, and not Fi. An Fi primary will tend to go inside and reflect more on their own feelings. You seem to be much more in tune with what other people are feeling, which reflects in how you talk about them. When you go into your 'mind palace' I don't think you're going into Fi. I think you're going into Ni.

INFJs and all types with Fe as a primary or secondary function, are typically very sensitive to indifference. The way that you described how your INTJ brother won't respond and how that makes you feel like you may have done something wrong and then you keep talking to try and get an opinion out of him is very Fe.

INFJs are often mistyped as perceivers since we lead with a perceiving function. We often tend to have messy rooms and like to follow our inner bliss. The J/P difference is much more apparent in extraverts. All introvert types are commonly mistyped at the J/P difference.

You're ultimately going to be the best qualified to type yourself, provided you have accurate information about the types, so If what I'm saying doesn't fit for you then trust your gut. That being said, this is a decent INFJ profile:

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

Some things I might tweak, but it's one of the better ones I've found online. How much does that resonate for you? Anything in particular that you don't relate to?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty confident you're not ISFP. You seem clearly intuitive to me. In fact I would type you as Ni primary.

That's largely an intuitive read, but I'll point to a few clues. These are gross generalizations, but 1 clue is that ISFPs are, of all types, typically the least interested in profiling. You seem very interested. Another clue is that your two best friends are intuitives. The one dichotomy that's most correlated to compatibility is S/N. Your primary goal of helping people is not at all exclusive of ISFP, but is especially aligned with the NF temperament.

Your comment at the beginning about how you imagine what other people are feeling/seeing sounds Ni/Fe to me. You seem pretty clearly Fe to me, and not Fi. An Fi primary will tend to go inside and reflect more on their own feelings. You seem to be much more in tune with what other people are feeling, which reflects in how you talk about them. When you go into your 'mind palace' I don't think you're going into Fi. I think you're going into Ni.

INFJs and all types with Fe as a primary or secondary function, are typically very sensitive to indifference. The way that you described how your INTJ brother won't respond and how that makes you feel like you may have done something wrong and then you keep talking to try and get an opinion out of him is very Fe.

INFJs are often mistyped as perceivers since we lead with a perceiving function. We often tend to have messy rooms and like to follow our inner bliss. The J/P difference is much more apparent in extraverts. All introvert types are commonly mistyped at the J/P difference.

You're ultimately going to be the best qualified to type yourself, provided you have accurate information about the types, so If what I'm saying doesn't fit for you then trust your gut. That being said, this is a decent INFJ profile:

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

Some things I might tweak, but it's one of the better ones I've found online. How much does that resonate for you? Anything in particular that you don't relate to?

I've heard ENFJ, ISFP, ENFP, and INFP before for my types, but never INFJ, so this is an interesting difference. XD I read through it and can relate to several large chunks of it and see them in myself very strongly but don't really get a feeling that "Oh, this is my type!" But I do tend to do what it mentions in there somewhere about 'becoming so set in thinking they're right that they block out other opinions' or however it was worded, so, I'm trying very hard to keep an open mind and be open to other possibilities than just IxFP. XD
I'm just going to go through and do a breakdown of what I do and don't relate to, maybe you guys have more input on why I relate to some things and not others that can enlighten me further.

"constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives." I do tend to do this, especially with career choices. I go back and forth CONSTANTLY from choosing a future career in dance, a future career in art, and a future career in psychology. And every single time I say 'I definitely know this is right!' but the next day... xD (I do this with my type, too, I think I mentioned that somewhere in my video, I go 'OMG THIS IS TOTALLY RIGHT AND I'M NOT GOING TO CHANGE IT!' and then... less than a week later... xD)

"They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it. Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions. This is something of a conflict between the inner and outer worlds, and may result in the INFJ not being as organized as other Judging types tend to be. Or we may see some signs of disarray in an otherwise orderly tendency, such as a consistently messy desk." I have this natural instinct for if my friends are hurting and I always know the exact right time to bring something up. I also have random people I see in a crowd where I immediately become drawn and attracted to them, such as 'I can tell this person is a very kind person and I want to get to know them and become their best friend for all of life!' That also goes the reverse way--I can look at someone and go 'I feel uncomfortable around this person. There must be a reason for that.' and then I start avoiding being alone with them. So far, my instinct has proved right on people every time but once. And my room is always trashed. I'm actually a really messy person. XD

"INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. As an extreme example, some INFJs report experiences of a psychic nature, such as getting strong feelings about there being a problem with a loved one, and discovering later that they were in a car accident. This is the sort of thing that other types may scorn and scoff at, and the INFJ themself does not really understand their intuition at a level which can be verbalized." I mentioned earlier my 'feelings' about what kind of people people are. I haven't really done the whole 'psychically know someone I love is hurt!' thing before, but one time I was at a dance competition and my INFJ best friend who I mentioned in the video was in a dance class very far away. My mom got a phone call as I was warming up and I had a weird feeling about the phone call but I didn't think too much of it. Then my mom walked over and told me my INFJ best friend had dislocated her knee. I started getting really agitated, really stressed out, really snappy, I didn't have my head in the game onstage and completely freaked out and messed everything up, and I was walking offstage I got a really sharp pain in my knee, which I later found out was around the time that the doctor relocated her knee. Does that count? XD

"Consequently, most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive." Nobody ever really understands what I try to verbalize except for my INTP boyfriend, and he's the only person who really truly knows everything that goes on in my head. My INFJ and ENFJ friends know me very well, too, but not quite as well. Sometimes I feel not understood by them, but more understood by them than the majority of the people I know.

"But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone." I'm not even going to go into detail on this one, just know that this is exactly me.

"They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress." Anything even slightly stressful just drives me over the edge and I freak out at everyone for everything. (I have literally gone to my room to cry because my mom corrected me while I was making cookies before.) Then I immediately feel bad about making everyone else feel bad or freaking out on someone and get angry at myself, then the whole thing loops. I'm a really busy person and I almost constantly have tense, tight, sore shoulders, stabbing stomachaches and painful headaches.

"Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. They believe that they're right." Mentioned this earlier.

"On the other hand, INFJ is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential. INFJs are rarely at complete peace with themselves - there's always something else they should be doing to improve themselves and the world around them. They believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in their accomplishments. They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right. In deference to the Feeling aspect of their personalities, INFJs are in some ways gentle and easy going. Conversely, they have very high expectations of themselves, and frequently of their families. They don't believe in compromising their ideals." <--Me.

"INFJ is a natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective. They make loving parents and usually have strong bonds with their offspring. They have high expectations of their children, and push them to be the best that they can be. This can sometimes manifest itself in the INFJ being hard-nosed and stubborn. But generally, children of an INFJ get devoted and sincere parental guidance, combined with deep caring." I'll have high expectations with my children when I have them (which won't be for a long long time) but I don't think I'll push them. I tend to see myself as the parent that ends up as more of a gentle friend than an authority figure. (Good thing my INTP boyfriend sees himself as the really strict parent x'DD)

"In the workplace, the INFJ usually shows up in areas where they can be creative and somewhat independent. They have a natural affinity for art" Yes, but I fail at science and math. So hard. "INFJs can also be found in service-oriented professions. They are not good at dealing with minutia or very detailed tasks. The INFJ will either avoid such things, or else go to the other extreme and become enveloped in the details to the extent that they can no longer see the big picture. An INFJ who has gone the route of becoming meticulous about details may be highly critical of other individuals who are not." Basically.

See, the thing that throws me for a loop about the INFJ type and me is I definitely use Te as an inferior function. Thinking is my least used function, I can tell you this right now, and I fit every single description of Te and don't even relate to Ti in the slightest. This is the one function I am 100% sure on. Te is my inferior function.
I know that I use Se as an INFJ does, but I think it's pretty high up in my stack. I could only be using it as a tert function, but I'm pretty sure it's my aux function. (That may be my ISFP bias coming into play, though, but I do use Se a lot.)
And I honestly, really, truly thought I used Fi. (And I know my F is probably either my aux or my dom function, because I use a freaking lot of it.) Can someone try to explain to me the difference between Fe and Fi? Simply? XD *gets lost in really long and complicated descriptions of things*
I'm not closing INFJ out as an option but those are the things that throw me for a loop with this, so if someone could help me figure all that out that'd be nice :D

Also, it's really hard for me to word things. Because my thought process consists almost entirely of tiny bits and pieces of sentences, singular words, pictures, emotions, and feelings about things and people. You can't talk to someone with half-sentences, singular words, you can't show them pictures, and you can't tell them exactly what you're feeling. So it's really hard for me to describe myself, my thoughts, or my feelings to people, especially on MBTI and everything, because I don't use a whole lot of words in my thinking process, but you kind of have to use words if you're gonna talk. XD Even now I feel like I haven't described myself very well at all.
(In case this has any correlation to what type I actually am: The types I relate to the most description wise are ISFP, INFP, INFJ, ESFP, and ENFJ (but only a little bit on the ESFP and ENFJ). I'm pretty sure I'm one of the three I types I listed because I know I'm an introvert, though.)

Also, my reason for being so interested in MBTI, as a side note for what you said on how ISFPs are usually not very interested in MBTI, is that I don't really understand myself. I know me, but I don't know why I am me. Why do I think this way, why do I do this, why do I act this way, why do I react this way etc. I feel like MBTI is sort of a journey of self discovery and all, you know? Plus, I tend not to TELL people how I'm thinking, or feeling. I SHOW them. "This song really describes how I'm feeling right now", "This video of this character from a TV show is something I REALLY relate to". My ESTJ mom, as I've mentioned before as well, doesn't understand me at all, so I'll show her the pieces from several different MBTI profiles that really resonate in me and say "This is me!" So I guess it's a way of getting to know myself and also showing other people who I am, if that makes any sense at all.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You definitely seem like an IFP. I'm sensing S too. So ISFP posts make a lot of sense to me.

I liked the video, it's a good insight into how an ISFP looks like. You remind me of an ESFP that I know. It'd be odd to relate to you when talking to you. Mainly the S and N subject focus would differ, but then the F comes around as well, which prevents us from talking about most things from a critically logical point of view. Pretty much the only thing I'd enjoy discussing with you would be your introspection - if I'm in the right mood, we could spend hours talking about your actions and me figuring it out from the cues. I did that with someone, but he was annoying me by saying "I don't wanna think" due to my complex questions. :D

Anything in particular making you say ISFP? :)

May I ask what makes you think INFP?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I - My N and you say that you're introverted.
S - You spoke a lot about physical things rather than theories. Since it was a monologue and you might've wanted people to get know you better, to some extend it could've been a mistake. This is the only letter I'm not entirely confident about.
F - you express your thoughts emotionally and care about various things in an emotional way.
P - you're scattered and distracted. Actually this made me doubt the claims of me being an INTP even more, but you're still an FP, so it's different.

P.S. Just out of curiosity (not related to me typing you) - do you (would you?) say that you don't wanna think, at least occasionally when asked complex introspective questions?

I like to think, my only issue is that if I think I start thinking too much, my head gets cluttered, I can't focus, and I want to just climb out of my own body. XD And it depends on what the complex introspective questions are and who's asking them.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Anything in particular making you say ISFP? :)

May I ask what makes you think INFP?

You seem more 'head in the clouds' than 'rooted in reality'. ISFP have a different air to them in my experience, kind of 'cunning' (don't mean it in a bad way I just don't know how else to express it)

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's likely Ne then, which means INFP, which means I'm likely right with my doubt about it in the previous post.

I see. That was more dependent on the mood rather than that - seemed that when he was in a good mood, the introspection wasn't a choice for the conversation, instead more physical things, experiences, etc., but when in a neutral or especially bad mood, introspection was okay. Perhaps less/more choosy may be correct. I didn't get to know him well, spoke little to him before ceasing to communicate.

It really depends. If I'm in a sad or bad mood I like to introspect alone or with a close friend asking me questions. If I'm in a happy mood, it's not as easy for me to introspect but I can still introspect and still enjoy it--but it has to be a close friend asking the questions and it has to be questions I'm comfortable asking. So if you started asking me really introspective questions at this moment that were really personal, I probably would say something like "I don't want to introspect now" in effort to keep from answering them XD

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He used to say "I don't want to think now" or "I'm not comfortable talking about it" or something similar for the latter, indicating it. You, instead, seem to take an indirect approach to it instead.

I say I don't want to introspect rather than "I don't want to talk about it/don't feel comfortable" to avoid hurting someone's feelings XD

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't remember this clearly, but I think I may have indicated that I want a direct response about this and my feelings wouldn't be hurt...

Appreciate you going with my questions. I'm gonna look for more videos of people talking about stuff now. :D

Even if you told me you wanted a direct response, I myself would feel uncomfortable being direct and, as such, would give you a (maybe slightly dishonest) indirect answer as to why I didn't want to. XD

Anybody have any other replies to my huge breakdown about the INFJ type and me on the last page, as well as the mention of how I think in my own head? Or anything? Please? XD (If anything right now I'm more confused now that I've started considering more possibilities for my type...)

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wrote this for a few people today who I've never had the courage to approach to be their friends before, and... well, I finally just got brave and approached them with this via the Internet. XD But I figured, hey, maybe this would be a good way for you guys to type me? (all names are edited out)

I have a lot of depth to me. I have this person, tucked away, very deeply inside of me, who I will call Inner Me. Inner Me is dying to get out. Inner Me wants to be seen and understood and loved, and there is only one person who has seen and understood Inner Me without even being told she is there--that would be INTP Boyfriend. And the people who Inner Me tries to show herself to and say "There is more to me than the Outer Me you see", they shake her off. They think they know her. But they don't. Only INTP Boyfriend does.
So here is Inner Me, trying to tell you as honestly as she can right now who she is.
I absolutely hate injustice. I don't understand it. At all. It makes me very, very angry. I want to do something about it, I want to stop it, I want to befriend the underdog. I honestly can't understand why people can't all just be best friends and tolerate and respect each other and be kind and loving and help one another. I, personally, almost like the "different", "weird" or "unique" kids better. In fact, take out that almost, I do like them better. Everyone is wonderful and everything has something amazing about them (and something not so amazing about them), but the people that I can relate to and speak with the easiest are the "strange" ones. I like unique people. Usually they have depth to them that people who follow the crowd don't.
I don't understand a lot of the things that my age group (I'm 14) does. In fact, I can't understand a lot of things that people do. It doesn't make those things bad, I just... can't understand them. Laughing over stupid pictures, cackling, being concerned with whether your false eyelashes are the right size or not, having seven boyfriends in one year, petty high school drama and middle school minds, or immature adults. I just... I don't get it. Again, it's not necessarily bad, I just can't understand it at all. That's why with a lot of people I don't talk very much. I don't think I'm better than them--not at all, I have a very very very very very far way to go as a person. But I take life very seriously. I take commitments very seriously, deadlines very seriously, my hobbies very seriously. I am a perfectionist to the extreme. And I can't choose that. I wish I wasn't. I look in a mirror and can pick out every single flaw in myself, every single wrinkle in my shirt, that one fraction of a centimeter that my eyeliner is off. I am happy with myself. But I could do so much better. So I push myself to the extreme attempting to become that much better person. I don't understand how people could waste time laughing over stupid pictures or stabbing their best friends in the back or how people could not take other people, or life, seriously. We don't have that much time in this world so why the freaking hell are you wasting it?
I think very intensely and I feel very intensely. I. Feel. Everything. Absolutely everything. I don't think I can even tell you enough, I FEEL EVERYTHING. I feel the breathing of people around me. Right now, I can feel every memory that has ever taken place in the house where I'm sitting. I can feel the cold of the Coke I just drank seeping through my body down to my bones, I can feel the music in my headphones shaking my very core. Every word you say, I feel every single implied meaning. And every word you don't say, I feel the unspoken expression. I am very sensitive to what's going on around me and what people are feeling around me, more sensitive than your average person is. I get affected by my environment very, very easily. This, in turn, causes me to be absolutely fascinated with pretty things. Take glitter jars, for instance. They're so beautiful and innocent. How the glitter just whirls around, fast fast fast fast fast fast fast, and then it slows down, and then it gets slower, slower, slower slower slower slower slower s l o w e r, s l o w e r..... before settling on the bottom. It's like thoughts. Or like feelings. Or like people. You think so much and talk so much and rush so much, rush rush rush, and then you start slowing down around bathtime, and then you go to bed, and you're the glitter settling at the bottom of the jar as you sleep peacefully. Isn't that fascinating?
Or Charlie, the main character from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. He has so much depth. He has a loud mind too. He sees everything, he feels everything, he thinks too much, he remembers everything too too too too too much. His mind goes so fast and is so full and cluttered that at points he just wants to climb out of his own body, claw his own head out, just like me.
When I feel emotions, I feel them from the very deep of my core. If you took a key and opened me up like a box, you would not find any single half-hearted feeling. They are all very intense, and very real, and I feel every single emotion physically. Take, for example, dance competitions. I get so stressed out that my stomach hurts, my back feels tight, my throat hurts, my head hurts, everything is too loud and rushes by too fast. I end up getting so stressed out that I can hear the blood pouding through my ears and sometimes have used an entire 90 pack of bobby pins in one bun. And when I get this stressed and this emotional, I subconsciously get so caught up in it that I lash out at other people, sometimes hurting people I love dearly. (Which I, right afterwards, get an intense feeling of guilt and regret, which only makes me feel worse.)
I'm not good with words. Inner Me can't express herself with words. Inner Me expresses herself by talking about what she relates to the most in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Inner Me expresses herself by talking about her favorite songs. Inner Me expresses herself by painting. Inner Me expresses herself in the way she dresses, the accessories she wants. Inner Me especially expresses herself by dancing--dancing is the most honest time you will ever see her. Also, she expresses herself by talking about things like... what personality types she thinks she is, for instance, and why she relates to it.
So when those things that Inner Me expresses herself via get shot down ("I hated that movie", "It was stupid", "I think they're wallowing", "MBTI is stupid", "I think you rely on that too much", "I don't really like Harry Potter" "I don't get this music") or only gets short replies ("I see" "Probably" "Maybe" "If you think so" "*head nod*"), she becomes very deeply scarred and hurt. And then, from that person, she will draw away and think "This person will never understand me. This person doesn't think I'm worth understanding." until that person proves her otherwise. And that especially sucks because I want so badly to be understood by people and loved for who I really am on the inside and praised for who I really am on the inside and not the person they think I am or what they want me to be.
Here's a way to get to know Inner Me, if you're curious, because I'm tired of not expressing her to you. If you've gotten this message, you are considered a friend, or you are admirable enough for me to want desperately for you to be my friend and I just don't know how to express myself, in which case this is one of the most honest things I have probably ever written about myself and I really, really, really, really, really hope you don't misuse it or use this information to your advantage against me.
These are my favorite songs. They all say something. They're used for different moods, though. Sad moods, happy moods, disconnected moods, angry moods, etc. Here is your first doorway straight into Inner Me.
Use it well, and at your leisure. (Or not at all, if that's what you prefer.)

Coming Down - Dear Euphoria
Video Games - Lana Del Rey
Begin Again - Measure
Nova - Burial
Riverside - Agnes Obel
Asleep - The Smiths
Numb - Linkin Park
Goodbye - Aurora Borealis
Keep the Streets Empty For Me - Fever Ray
The Captain and the Hourglass - Laura Marling
The Cave - Mumford and Sons
Paradise - Gavin Mikhael cover (of the original Coldplay song)

.... but I forgot to add in there about how I understand people without using words, but I feel like they don't understand me without me using words. XD Oh well. I've mentioned it now to you guys, so.

Ntuitive

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh, dear - a lot of the dancing, painting, and other sorts of physical things are very sensate, I have to admit.

At the same time, though, you really do remind me of my INFP friend: very tangential with every thought running at once - no matter whether it was about glitter and dancing or calculus and physics (Ne), very spacey and dreamy (not that it's a bad thing :D), and her emotions are pretty much deep and from her core (just like you - typical Fi here). Having an INFJ as a best friend, I feel like you wouldn't be an INFJ solely based on the fact that they tend to be more organized in explaining themselves and get straight to the point about how they feel. (Also, they wouldn't be trying to pour their whole selves out in one entire thread like Noah's Flood. :) )

Plus, you said that you "think intensely and feel intensely." What do you mean by thinking intensely?

Finally, which do you identify more here: "ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them." (from typelogic.com/isfp.html)

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, dear - a lot of the dancing, painting, and other sorts of physical things are very sensate, I have to admit.

At the same time, though, you really do remind me of my INFP friend: very tangential with every thought running at once - no matter whether it was about glitter and dancing or calculus and physics (Ne), very spacey and dreamy (not that it's a bad thing :D), and her emotions are pretty much deep and from her core (just like you - typical Fi here). Having an INFJ as a best friend, I feel like you wouldn't be an INFJ solely based on the fact that they tend to be more organized in explaining themselves and get straight to the point about how they feel. (Also, they wouldn't be trying to pour their whole selves out in one entire thread like Noah's Flood. :) )

Plus, you said that you "think intensely and feel intensely." What do you mean by thinking intensely?

Finally, which do you identify more here: "ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them." (from typelogic.com/isfp.html)

I have a habit of pouring my whole self out when I finally open up. Oops. >>...

I mean... I don't really think in coherent processes. I think in images, feelings, emotions, singular words... but it's really... Intense? It happens all at once. Instead of calmly and neatly "I think this and this and this", it's more of "SDFGSDFGSDFGDSGS" in my head. I think so much I don't even know what I'm thinking about. If you asked what I was doing sitting quietly, I'd say "Thinking", but if you asked of what, I would honestly answer "I don't know." I constantly have a monologue of feelings and pictures in my head, and even though feelings and pictures aren't coherent thoughts that IS how I think, and they're so intense and loud that, as I've mentioned several times, usually by the end of a day I want to claw my own brain out through my eye sockets. (This is also why I suck at piano theory, math, etc. I can't disconnect and turn my feelings off and go into a straight-in-a-row thought process. But theories and math and blah you can't really do by feeling. You know? I'm really good at psychology, especially when applied to people, but it's usually because I go by my instinct and the behavior I see exhibited from them.)

I relate to both equally. XD Fantasies energize me and so does writing about things that happen and spending time just off in la la land. But I'm also energized by living out moments and examining things around me in extravagant detail. (thus the confusion on S/N.)

Ntuitive

MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, then - what about this passage? Do you relate to this passage in terms of crusading for your ideals against injustice? (Because otherwise, I'm starting to lean towards ISFP as well.)

"INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves.

[...]

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet." (from PersonalityPage)

Or do you agree more with this link over here?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, then - what about this passage? Do you relate to this passage in terms of crusading for your ideals against injustice? (Because otherwise, I'm starting to lean towards ISFP as well.)

"INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves.

[...]

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet." (from PersonalityPage)

Or do you agree more with this link over here?

.... Both. XD
I related to the ISFP profile a but it was really hard to actually read it, I started getting bored with it about halfway through the description of Fi-dom. (Fought my way through though. XD)
I really relate to the INFP part though. I relate to both. Can I just say both? I can't tell which one that I relate to more.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everything you said sounds INFJ except for your assessment of your use of Te.

This is introverted intuition to a T:

Also, it's really hard for me to word things. Because my thought process consists almost entirely of tiny bits and pieces of sentences, singular words, pictures, emotions, and feelings about things and people. You can't talk to someone with half-sentences, singular words, you can't show them pictures, and you can't tell them exactly what you're feeling. So it's really hard for me to describe myself, my thoughts, or my feelings to people, especially on MBTI and everything, because I don't use a whole lot of words in my thinking process, but you kind of have to use words if you're gonna talk.

Introverted intuition, as I may have mentioned before, gives you a myriad of perspectives on your processes, which can make self-typing difficult for INFJ and INTJ.

Again, you seem clearly Fe to me. Fe is more in tune with how other people feel. It causes you to care in a very direct way how other people feel, including how they feel about you. Fi is more about internal alignment of feeling. Fi primaries, like INFP and ISFP can appear stubborn and/or passive aggressive at times because their primary filter is how they feel about things, which doesn't appeal directly to logical argument or categorization. Go on youtube and watch some old videos of Bob Dylan being interviewed by the press as a good example of how this might play out.

Fi is typically more robust and, in a way, less sensitive to how other people feel than Fe. Fi can be more defiant, whereas in situations that produce negative reactions in people, especially in groups can be very stressful to Fe - because they take on those feelings internally.

Ni primaries have a unique relationship with their inferior process and many identify more with it than their tertiary process. We're probably the only types who actually enjoy our inferior process, generally speaking.

The tertiary process usually shows up when you're on the defensive or for whatever reason in your 'lower self'. When INFJs get defensive they'll use the judging process that's in their preferred realm - meaning our introverted judging process - Ti. It can be tricky to identify in yourself, but if you pay attention you can catch yourself doing it. It usually manifests in being critical - saying or thinking things like 'that doesn't make any damn sense!' or other ways of pointing out how things don't make sense or are logically inconsistent. Te as a tertiary process can manifest as being bossy or 'using' people and in some cases, doing things like punching walls.