User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Oh, dear - a lot of the dancing, painting, and other sorts of physical things are very sensate, I have to admit.

At the same time, though, you really do remind me of my INFP friend: very tangential with every thought running at once - no matter whether it was about glitter and dancing or calculus and physics (Ne), very spacey and dreamy (not that it's a bad thing ), and her emotions are pretty much deep and from her core (just like you - typical Fi here). Having an INFJ as a best friend, I feel like you wouldn't be an INFJ solely based on the fact that they tend to be more organized in explaining themselves and get straight to the point about how they feel. (Also, they wouldn't be trying to pour their whole selves out in one entire thread like Noah's Flood. )

Plus, you said that you "think intensely and feel intensely." What do you mean by thinking intensely?

Finally, which do you identify more here: "ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them." (from typelogic.com/isfp.html)
    "The words printed here are concepts. You must go through the experiences. " ~ St. Augustine

"Beware of the person of one book. " ~ St. Thomas Aquinas

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ntuitive View Post
    Oh, dear - a lot of the dancing, painting, and other sorts of physical things are very sensate, I have to admit.

At the same time, though, you really do remind me of my INFP friend: very tangential with every thought running at once - no matter whether it was about glitter and dancing or calculus and physics (Ne), very spacey and dreamy (not that it's a bad thing ), and her emotions are pretty much deep and from her core (just like you - typical Fi here). Having an INFJ as a best friend, I feel like you wouldn't be an INFJ solely based on the fact that they tend to be more organized in explaining themselves and get straight to the point about how they feel. (Also, they wouldn't be trying to pour their whole selves out in one entire thread like Noah's Flood. )

Plus, you said that you "think intensely and feel intensely." What do you mean by thinking intensely?

Finally, which do you identify more here: "ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them." (from typelogic.com/isfp.html)
    I have a habit of pouring my whole self out when I finally open up. Oops. >>...

I mean... I don't really think in coherent processes. I think in images, feelings, emotions, singular words... but it's really... Intense? It happens all at once. Instead of calmly and neatly "I think this and this and this", it's more of "SDFGSDFGSDFGDSGS" in my head. I think so much I don't even know what I'm thinking about. If you asked what I was doing sitting quietly, I'd say "Thinking", but if you asked of what, I would honestly answer "I don't know." I constantly have a monologue of feelings and pictures in my head, and even though feelings and pictures aren't coherent thoughts that IS how I think, and they're so intense and loud that, as I've mentioned several times, usually by the end of a day I want to claw my own brain out through my eye sockets. (This is also why I suck at piano theory, math, etc. I can't disconnect and turn my feelings off and go into a straight-in-a-row thought process. But theories and math and blah you can't really do by feeling. You know? I'm really good at psychology, especially when applied to people, but it's usually because I go by my instinct and the behavior I see exhibited from them.)

I relate to both equally. XD Fantasies energize me and so does writing about things that happen and spending time just off in la la land. But I'm also energized by living out moments and examining things around me in extravagant detail. (thus the confusion on S/N.)

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, then - what about this passage? Do you relate to this passage in terms of crusading for your ideals against injustice? (Because otherwise, I'm starting to lean towards ISFP as well.)

"INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves.

[...]

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet." (from PersonalityPage)

Or do you agree more with this link over here?
    "The words printed here are concepts. You must go through the experiences. " ~ St. Augustine

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Okay, then - what about this passage? Do you relate to this passage in terms of crusading for your ideals against injustice? (Because otherwise, I'm starting to lean towards ISFP as well.)

"INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves.

[...]

INFPs are flexible and laid-back, until one of their values is violated. In the face of their value system being threatened, INFPs can become aggressive defenders, fighting passionately for their cause. When an INFP has adopted a project or job which they're interested in, it usually becomes a "cause" for them. Although they are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet." (from PersonalityPage)

Or do you agree more with this link over here?
    .... Both. XD
    I related to the ISFP profile a but it was really hard to actually read it, I started getting bored with it about halfway through the description of Fi-dom. (Fought my way through though. XD)
    I really relate to the INFP part though. I relate to both. Can I just say both? I can't tell which one that I relate to more.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Everything you said sounds INFJ except for your assessment of your use of Te.

This is introverted intuition to a T:

Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    Also, it's really hard for me to word things. Because my thought process consists almost entirely of tiny bits and pieces of sentences, singular words, pictures, emotions, and feelings about things and people. You can't talk to someone with half-sentences, singular words, you can't show them pictures, and you can't tell them exactly what you're feeling. So it's really hard for me to describe myself, my thoughts, or my feelings to people, especially on MBTI and everything, because I don't use a whole lot of words in my thinking process, but you kind of have to use words if you're gonna talk.
    Introverted intuition, as I may have mentioned before, gives you a myriad of perspectives on your processes, which can make self-typing difficult for INFJ and INTJ.

Again, you seem clearly Fe to me. Fe is more in tune with how other people feel. It causes you to care in a very direct way how other people feel, including how they feel about you. Fi is more about internal alignment of feeling. Fi primaries, like INFP and ISFP can appear stubborn and/or passive aggressive at times because their primary filter is how they feel about things, which doesn't appeal directly to logical argument or categorization. Go on youtube and watch some old videos of Bob Dylan being interviewed by the press as a good example of how this might play out.

Fi is typically more robust and, in a way, less sensitive to how other people feel than Fe. Fi can be more defiant, whereas in situations that produce negative reactions in people, especially in groups can be very stressful to Fe - because they take on those feelings internally.

Ni primaries have a unique relationship with their inferior process and many identify more with it than their tertiary process. We're probably the only types who actually enjoy our inferior process, generally speaking.

The tertiary process usually shows up when you're on the defensive or for whatever reason in your 'lower self'. When INFJs get defensive they'll use the judging process that's in their preferred realm - meaning our introverted judging process - Ti. It can be tricky to identify in yourself, but if you pay attention you can catch yourself doing it. It usually manifests in being critical - saying or thinking things like 'that doesn't make any damn sense!' or other ways of pointing out how things don't make sense or are logically inconsistent. Te as a tertiary process can manifest as being bossy or 'using' people and in some cases, doing things like punching walls.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    .... Both. XD
    I related to the ISFP profile a but it was really hard to actually read it, I started getting bored with it about halfway through the description of Fi-dom. (Fought my way through though. XD)
    I really relate to the INFP part though. I relate to both. Can I just say both? I can't tell which one that I relate to more.
    Ooops, I think my Ti was getting the better of me when I put out that ISFP description.

But anyway, while I get the fact that you relate to both (I had my own struggles with this trying to figure out whether I was INTP or INFP), it is about preferences and not necessarily what you can do, because ISFPs can be poetic as INFPs if they wanted to.

In the end, it's what functions you prioritize over another.

So, do you prefer to be in touch with real-life experience, facts, and sensory details, or do you prefer to be in touch with theoretical things (such as thoughts, predictions, abstractness, meanings, and patterns)? You might be weak in terms of whether you prefer S over N (or vice-versa), which can explain why you relate to both descriptions (besides my opinion that you are also an IxFP), but there will still be a preference nonetheless.

MBTI
    INTP

Also, which functions do you relate to more? (This I got from this website here.)

The Eight Functions and Fence-Building

Ne - I want to design the fence.
    Ni - Why do they want to do this and what is the deal with fences anyway? Is this necessary?
    Se - I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing
    Si - I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidlines.
    Te - Is doing this cost effective? Will it be useful?
    Ti - I want to analyze the structure and placement of the fence.
    Fe - How will it affect the neighborhood, and what will the neighbors think?
    Fi - I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time
    And this too on the different types of N and S:

Ne and Ni are kind of the same, where Ne is an abstraction manipulator- it takes its connections and sees what can be done with them. Ni is more in tune with the internal principles that make things work.... it knows what matches what, what parts belong where, etc.

Ni is in tune with what abstractly is, Si is in tune with what physically is
    Ne is in tune with what theoretically could be, Se is in tune with what physically could be

Ne and Se manipulates either ideas or material
    Ni and Si sorts/categorizes either ideas or material

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    Everything you said sounds INFJ except for your assessment of your use of Te.

This is introverted intuition to a T:

Introverted intuition, as I may have mentioned before, gives you a myriad of perspectives on your processes, which can make self-typing difficult for INFJ and INTJ.

Again, you seem clearly Fe to me. Fe is more in tune with how other people feel. It causes you to care in a very direct way how other people feel, including how they feel about you. Fi is more about internal alignment of feeling. Fi primaries, like INFP and ISFP can appear stubborn and/or passive aggressive at times because their primary filter is how they feel about things, which doesn't appeal directly to logical argument or categorization. Go on youtube and watch some old videos of Bob Dylan being interviewed by the press as a good example of how this might play out.

Fi is typically more robust and, in a way, less sensitive to how other people feel than Fe. Fi can be more defiant, whereas in situations that produce negative reactions in people, especially in groups can be very stressful to Fe - because they take on those feelings internally.

Ni primaries have a unique relationship with their inferior process and many identify more with it than their tertiary process. We're probably the only types who actually enjoy our inferior process, generally speaking.

The tertiary process usually shows up when you're on the defensive or for whatever reason in your 'lower self'. When INFJs get defensive they'll use the judging process that's in their preferred realm - meaning our introverted judging process - Ti. It can be tricky to identify in yourself, but if you pay attention you can catch yourself doing it. It usually manifests in being critical - saying or thinking things like 'that doesn't make any damn sense!' or other ways of pointing out how things don't make sense or are logically inconsistent. Te as a tertiary process can manifest as being bossy or 'using' people and in some cases, doing things like punching walls.
    I still honestly feel like I use Te. INFJ fits except for that, though I may be wrong on me using Te... (I do get really, really bossy a lot, though, like when my INFJ friend stops paying attention to talking about things I don't want her to talk about when there are other people around, I'll be like "SHUT UP!" And when she talks in dance classes I'll just glare and go "SHHH!" I've been told to stop being bossy a lot by her >>) I get bossy more than I get critical of inconsistencies and what have you. I only remember one time in my entire life when I noticed something like that. I can recall four times the last year I was told to stop being bossy. XD

Ooops, I think my Ti was getting the better of me when I put out that ISFP description.

But anyway, while I get the fact that you relate to both (I had my own struggles with this trying to figure out whether I was INTP or INFP), it is about preferences and not necessarily what you can do, because ISFPs can be poetic as INFPs if they wanted to.

In the end, it's what functions you prioritize over another.

So, do you prefer to be in touch with real-life experience, facts, and sensory details, or do you prefer to be in touch with theoretical things (such as thoughts, predictions, abstractness, meanings, and patterns)? You might be weak in terms of whether you prefer S over N (or vice-versa), which can explain why you relate to both descriptions (besides my opinion that you are also an IxFP), but there will still be a preference nonetheless.
    I usually prefer real life experience and sensory details, but not as much facts... If I could pick and choose I'd say experience, sensory details, abstract, meanings, and predictions. You're right, I may just be really weak in S/N if I am indeed an IxFP...

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Also, which functions do you relate to more? (This I got from this website here.)

And this too on the different types of N and S:
    The last quote just confuses me. But on the first, I have a weird hodpodge of ones I find myself thinking something along the lines of. I relate to Ne, Si, Te, Fe and Fi out of all of the functions mentioned... Fe and Fi about evenly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Here's an ENFP in his Te tertiary process - at about 3:14 of the video. *Warning - bad words!