User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default What's my type... Again? Shorter version.

    In the previous thread, most people said that I'm an INTP. However, I disagree with that. INTPs have a need for outer feelings, somewhere, deep inside them. I don't. I have a logic reason for every single action of mine. They also seem to not know what they wanna do until their 30s, and I knew what I wanna do since I was 12.

    I am a quick talker, even though I think every bit before I say it. It simply happens really fast. I never say something if I don't have a reason for saying it, or moreover, if I don't want to say it (I don't "blurp" out something, afterwards saying or thinking "I shouldn't have said that). Hell, I wouldn't even talk to a dying relative if I wouldn't have a reason to do so. Yea, that makes me insensitive... But I am insensitive! I'm looking for logic everywhere, and nowhere for feelings. For me, feelings cannot be a reason for a decision. I also don't give myself justifications which should seem logical but aren't consistent with the reality, things that people tell themselves to rationalize their actions when their actions don't make sense.

    Now, to the real stuff: my main drive is to express my ideas and opinion. My life goal is to have a software or video games company that would allow me to put my ideas to the real world (in games and programs) for people to see. However, I do not care if those people would like them or not, if they would cheer me or not, if I'd get asked an autograph or not. In fact, I wouldn't want to be asked for an autograph, that'd be annoying and would only waste my time. I, however, would like to give speeches or press conferences, talking about my ideas and creations. I also don't care how they may impact the world, I care to express them.

    Another thing that I'm obsessed with is reasons. I often ask people "why?" That can be in the form of "why do you wanna do that?" "why do you think so?" etc.. Rarely there is a prolonged conversation where I wouldn't say "why" and expect an answer.

    If you want to read the 1.0 version, there's a link in my signature. It's much longer and contains different info.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    You are either ENTP, INTP, or INTJ end of story I don't want to explain again why like I did in your other thread.

    edit - You should post a poll so people can vote on your type.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You are either ENTP, INTP, or INTJ end of story I don't want to explain again why like I did in your other thread.

    edit - You should post a poll so people can vote on your type.
    Yea, I know that much too.

    Can't add the poll now...

  4. #4
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    ENTP.

  5. #5
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    In the previous thread, most people said that I'm an INTP. However, I disagree with that. INTPs have a need for outer feelings, somewhere, deep inside them. I don't. I have a logic reason for every single action of mine. They also seem to not know what they wanna do until their 30s, and I knew what I wanna do since I was 12.

    I am a quick talker, even though I think every bit before I say it. It simply happens really fast. I never say something if I don't have a reason for saying it, or moreover, if I don't want to say it (I don't "blurp" out something, afterwards saying or thinking "I shouldn't have said that). Hell, I wouldn't even talk to a dying relative if I wouldn't have a reason to do so. Yea, that makes me insensitive... But I am insensitive! I'm looking for logic everywhere, and nowhere for feelings. For me, feelings cannot be a reason for a decision. I also don't give myself justifications which should seem logical but aren't consistent with the reality, things that people tell themselves to rationalize their actions when their actions don't make sense.

    Now, to the real stuff: my main drive is to express my ideas and opinion. My life goal is to have a software or video games company that would allow me to put my ideas to the real world (in games and programs) for people to see. However, I do not care if those people would like them or not, if they would cheer me or not, if I'd get asked an autograph or not. In fact, I wouldn't want to be asked for an autograph, that'd be annoying and would only waste my time. I, however, would like to give speeches or press conferences, talking about my ideas and creations. I also don't care how they may impact the world, I care to express them.

    Another thing that I'm obsessed with is reasons. I often ask people "why?" That can be in the form of "why do you wanna do that?" "why do you think so?" etc.. Rarely there is a prolonged conversation where I wouldn't say "why" and expect an answer.

    If you want to read the 1.0 version, there's a link in my signature. It's much longer and contains different info.
    All I get from all this is NT with woefully underdeveloped F function.

    Every time I want to throw out a particular type I rethink it. So, let's cut the crap here and get neck deep in functions and riff off the inferior function, which I suspect is going to bear the most fruit:

    I-TP Inferior function Fe: All-or-nothing expression of external valuation. As it sits in the subconscious it manifests as a sappy, innocent, affability that you are wise to not point out to the INTP who will be quick to put a lid on it and might be embarrassed they let it show. When in the grip it can outburst pretty messily. I myself was known to bawl and appeal to compassion in others as a child. When I got really stressed I just wanted a hug or to yell at someone for hurting feelings or something like that... aka, bottled up external/social valuations (not emotions, not necessarily even feelings, but valuations that were often moral and that in the grip I would be emotional ABOUT). Sometimes songs make me cry. There, I said it! This can also be true, to a lesser extent of E-TP but should not be particularly true of --TJ

    EN-P Inferior function Si: Withdrawal, obsessiveness, worry over details. When the boiling point is reached, the ENTP freaks out about the very thing they've typically penciled in: the Si details. They will ruminate over every little thing, very stressfully, making sure every i was dotted and t crossed .. they go from gregarious to brooding and nitpicking. They may become phobic or paranoid.

    IN-J Inferior function Se: The last straw for an IN-J would be to shake up their life with some sensual outburst or audacious act. This will not be controlled or thought out.. it will be a "What got into me!?" indulgence. My mom is an INTJ. When she got a divorce she got a make-over, moved into a expensive condo, and got a kinda shallow boyfriend. Hugely out of character for her, but that was her boiling point. My INFJ friend had a huge emotional trauma and moved to New York alone! Se outbursts. This can be true, to a lesser extent of EN-J.

    E-TJ Inferior function Fi: This is what I call the O'Reilly Factor. Sudden outbursts of internal value judgement. This is similar to the INTP outburst, but where the INTP outburst is about social values and sappy expressiveness, the ENTJ outburst are highly principled internal values that have been violated and must be defended. When all else fails, there is a fundamental sense of right and wrong. This isn't emotion. This is value judgment. But, since this sort of impression of moral judgment is so neglected in the E-TJ that when it comes out, it is usually as an outburst. I've heard an ENTJ outburst that included stuff like "YOU ARE EVIL, you are BAD and I can't be around you!" Stuff like that.

    So, taking all that and separating Feeling from emotion. I think 'Feeling' should be renamed Value, personally... or something like that. Value is intangible and based on impression... and that is what separates it from logic not that it is weepy and overwrought... though it can seem arbitrary.

    arkigos = {
    mbti_type: INTP,
    cog_funcs: INTP.get_cog_funcs(),
    political_slogan: 'The INTP .... who cares!',
    influences: ['Socrates', 'Jesus', 'Descartes', 'John Stuart Mill', 'Kurt Cobain'],
    interests: ['History', 'Programming', 'Philosophy', 'Typing', 'Advocacy of the Devil'],
    alignment: neutral_good,
    }

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    All I get from all this is NT with woefully underdeveloped F function.

    Every time I want to throw out a particular type I rethink it. So, let's cut the crap here and get neck deep in functions and riff off the inferior function, which I suspect is going to bear the most fruit:

    I-TP Inferior function Fe: All-or-nothing expression of external valuation. As it sits in the subconscious it manifests as a sappy, innocent, affability that you are wise to not point out to the INTP who will be quick to put a lid on it and might be embarrassed they let it show. When in the grip it can outburst pretty messily. I myself was known to bawl and appeal to compassion in others as a child. When I got really stressed I just wanted a hug or to yell at someone for hurting feelings or something like that... aka, bottled up external/social valuations (not emotions, not necessarily even feelings, but valuations that were often moral and that in the grip I would be emotional ABOUT). Sometimes songs make me cry. There, I said it! This can also be true, to a lesser extent of E-TP but should not be particularly true of --TJ

    EN-P Inferior function Si: Withdrawal, obsessiveness, worry over details. When the boiling point is reached, the ENTP freaks out about the very thing they've typically penciled in: the Si details. They will ruminate over every little thing, very stressfully, making sure every i was dotted and t crossed .. they go from gregarious to brooding and nitpicking. They may become phobic or paranoid.

    IN-J Inferior function Se: The last straw for an IN-J would be to shake up their life with some sensual outburst or audacious act. This will not be controlled or thought out.. it will be a "What got into me!?" indulgence. My mom is an INTJ. When she got a divorce she got a make-over, moved into a expensive condo, and got a kinda shallow boyfriend. Hugely out of character for her, but that was her boiling point. My INFJ friend had a huge emotional trauma and moved to New York alone! Se outbursts. This can be true, to a lesser extent of EN-J.

    E-TJ Inferior function Fi: This is what I call the O'Reilly Factor. Sudden outbursts of internal value judgement. This is similar to the INTP outburst, but where the INTP outburst is about social values and sappy expressiveness, the ENTJ outburst are highly principled internal values that have been violated and must be defended. When all else fails, there is a fundamental sense of right and wrong. This isn't emotion. This is value judgment. But, since this sort of impression of moral judgment is so neglected in the E-TJ that when it comes out, it is usually as an outburst. I've heard an ENTJ outburst that included stuff like "YOU ARE EVIL, you are BAD and I can't be around you!" Stuff like that.

    So, taking all that and separating Feeling from emotion. I think 'Feeling' should be renamed Value, personally... or something like that. Value is intangible and based on impression... and that is what separates it from logic not that it is weepy and overwrought... though it can seem arbitrary.
    This is interesting.

    I-TP: When I was very young, I did have a messy outburst of shouting once or maybe even twice, but not more. After that... Never had one, I don't want to scream at people, I don't cry, etc.. When I was a kid, I used to cry, but not much too. I can't remember the last time I cried. All in all, I do not relate to this.

    EN-P: I can relate to this, HOWEVER I do control it with much success. While I may want to check something, if I see it as an illogical thing to do, I do not. In other words, if I think that it is not worth to be obsessive, I don't do it, even though I may want to. I'm much more confident than to not trust myself to this great extend.

    IN-J: That sounds like impulsiveness, impulsive buying. I wouldn't do that. I would've bought a nice place or a nice car, or whatever else I wanted if I could before that, and if I was in a nice place and liked everything (which would be the case), I wouldn't have a logical reason to buy something grand - either I wouldn't need it or I would already have it.

    E-TJ: Definitely not, I would NEVER say anything like that. I stick to logical arguments even in the most stressful situations, and I can accept defeat, even though I have to do it rarely. If somebody would say that to me, especially in the middle of an argument, I'd get annoyed and may even use this illogicality against him if I had a reason to.

    Conclusion: From these descriptions, the best I can relate to EN-P, however to not that far extend. And to the extend that I can relate to, I control it very well, so externally the lesser extend is not even visible, as I don't transfer it to my actions.

  7. #7
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post

    I-TP: When I was very young, I did have a messy outburst of shouting once or maybe even twice, but not more. After that... Never had one, I don't want to scream at people, I don't cry, etc.. When I was a kid, I used to cry, but not much too. I can't remember the last time I cried. All in all, I do not relate to this.
    Pulling back from this... overly controlling your own emotional expressiveness. Wanting to cry at a powerful display but really trying to keep a lid on it though the external valuation causes an emotional reaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    EN-P: I can relate to this, HOWEVER I do control it with much success. While I may want to check something, if I see it as an illogical thing to do, I do not. In other words, if I think that it is not worth to be obsessive, I don't do it, even though I may want to. I'm much more confident than to not trust myself to this great extend.
    Remember this is to describe that part of you that nags at the subconscious. You'd only fall into it at your true rock bottom. If you can imagine this as your rock bottom, then you might be this type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    IN-J: That sounds like impulsiveness, impulsive buying. I wouldn't do that. I would've bought a nice place or a nice car, or whatever else I wanted if I could before that, and if I was in a nice place and liked everything (which would be the case), I wouldn't have a logical reason to buy something grand - either I wouldn't need it or I would already have it.
    Using buying as an example was clearly a mistake. This isn't about that. It's about shaking off the uptight careful Ni dominant and living/indulging BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! or whatever. Sensual indulgence is the core of this... all the details are just how it can manifest. A sort of 'F($* it!, I am just going to get wasted, move to NY, go on that date, buy that thing that I wanted, etc' negative, sometimes destructive, outburst is the hallmark of this... not buying something necessarily. That this didn't resonate with you is telling but remember this is a subconscious nagging. This is what happens when that subconscious blows up because you are at wits end.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    E-TJ: Definitely not, I would NEVER say anything like that. I stick to logical arguments even in the most stressful situations, and I can accept defeat, even though I have to do it rarely. If somebody would say that to me, especially in the middle of an argument, I'd get annoyed and may even use this illogicality against him if I had a reason to.
    Again, the phrase I used shouldn't be used to over-specify the point. The point is devolving into internal valuations. Right and wrong, internal moral impact, how something made you feel, etc. This is the nagging subconscious. E-TJ are nagged by the feeling of impressions of right and wrong that their Te pushes out of their consciousness. When the 'take control' exterior breaks down, those internal valuations - which were there all along - suddenly lash out. How they lash out can take many forms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Conclusion: From these descriptions, the best I can relate to EN-P, however to not that far extend. And to the extend that I can relate to, I control it very well, so externally the lesser extend is not even visible, as I don't transfer it to my actions.
    You control it well but it's the Abyss that calls to you? The nagging subconscious for you is the worry, the details you know are there but get stressed out having to approach, etc. An inferior Si happens when a powerful dominant Ne is so caught up on possibilities and potentials ... but knows the details of life and the worrisome, often pessimistic, facts can only be outrun for so long... and when bad stuff happens and the crap hits the fan... you instantly turn to those nagging details and obsess over them to try to control the situation.

    Now, you may never have gotten to that point or may never have to approach that.. but if that is what you see nagging in the subconscious, you may be ENTP... and this is well supported by what you've said so far.

    Note, too, that this Si also nags at my subconscious as an INTP being my tertiary... and I have been stressed out in very much this way. But it's never been something that I felt was a monster that could potentially well up and take control of me like I have for Fe.

    arkigos = {
    mbti_type: INTP,
    cog_funcs: INTP.get_cog_funcs(),
    political_slogan: 'The INTP .... who cares!',
    influences: ['Socrates', 'Jesus', 'Descartes', 'John Stuart Mill', 'Kurt Cobain'],
    interests: ['History', 'Programming', 'Philosophy', 'Typing', 'Advocacy of the Devil'],
    alignment: neutral_good,
    }

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    Pulling back from this... overly controlling your own emotional expressiveness. Wanting to cry at a powerful display but really trying to keep a lid on it though the external valuation causes an emotional reaction.
    No. I don't even want to cry, or shout, etc.. That's completely different.

    Remember this is to describe that part of you that nags at the subconscious. You'd only fall into it at your true rock bottom. If you can imagine this as your rock bottom, then you might be this type.

    Now, you may never have gotten to that point or may never have to approach that.. but if that is what you see nagging in the subconscious, you may be ENTP... and this is well supported by what you've said so far.

    Note, too, that this Si also nags at my subconscious as an INTP being my tertiary... and I have been stressed out in very much this way. But it's never been something that I felt was a monster that could potentially well up and take control of me like I have for Fe.
    Well, thinking about the worst situations that I've been in (and there were quite a few of really fucked up ones)... Well, I can't relate to anything as something that may take me over. I always have the control and never have felt like I may lose it.

    Thinking about these situations, usually I was analyzing the impact that they are going to have on my life. Not emotion-wise, but for example if I was 14, my dad was Bill Gates and he died, I'd be analyzing what will happen with the empire, what impact it had on his mom, and what she's gonna do, what other people gonna do, how will their actions be related to me.

    Last time someone I was very close to (closest?) had died, I was about 15 or so. I remember being pissed because I had to sit at the casket with other people, and the daughter was talking non-stop. It was bad enough that I had to waste two days sitting there, wake up early to go there, but also I had to listen to the constant whispering of her to any people there. It was utterly annoying. I even said that she should shut up, but obviously she didn't. While I was sitting there, I was observing how the people acted, who came, what they did, were they really sad or not, what will happen to me due to that person's death (it was a family member), how will other family members act towards it after the funeral, etc.. Out of there, I was just happy that I finally got home and can do something I at least remotely like, which was to do something at the PC, I think it was to play some games. I didn't burst, didn't got drunk, didn't buy anything, didn't scream, didn't do anything like that. I acted as I normally do. I was also thinking how stupid all the ceremony is, and expensive, which is even more stupid. I was wondering about the reasons why people do it.

    The analysis wasn't obsessive, it was as usual, except there was more factors than there usually is: more people involved, more implications, etc.. And as usual, most of the conclusions of my analysis came true in a short while. The thing that I remember the most is the annoyance of certain people as they were acting irrationally, and since it was a very close and public event, I got to see that a lot closer than usual. I also remember liking the fact that other family members used sedatives, so they were nice instead of being controlling.

  9. #9
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    No. I don't even want to cry, or shout, etc.. That's completely different.



    Well, thinking about the worst situations that I've been in (and there were quite a few of really fucked up ones)... Well, I can't relate to anything as something that may take me over. I always have the control and never have felt like I may lose it.

    Thinking about these situations, usually I was analyzing the impact that they are going to have on my life. Not emotion-wise, but for example if I was 14, my dad was Bill Gates and he died, I'd be analyzing what will happen with the empire, what impact it had on his mom, and what she's gonna do, what other people gonna do, how will their actions be related to me.

    Last time someone I was very close to (closest?) had died, I was about 15 or so. I remember being pissed because I had to sit at the casket with other people, and the daughter was talking non-stop. It was bad enough that I had to waste two days sitting there, wake up early to go there, but also I had to listen to the constant whispering of her to any people there. It was utterly annoying. I even said that she should shut up, but obviously she didn't. While I was sitting there, I was observing how the people acted, who came, what they did, were they really sad or not, what will happen to me due to that person's death (it was a family member), how will other family members act towards it after the funeral, etc.. Out of there, I was just happy that I finally got home and can do something I at least remotely like, which was to do something at the PC, I think it was to play some games. I didn't burst, didn't got drunk, didn't buy anything, didn't scream, didn't do anything like that. I acted as I normally do. I was also thinking how stupid all the ceremony is, and expensive, which is even more stupid. I was wondering about the reasons why people do it.

    The analysis wasn't obsessive, it was as usual, except there was more factors than there usually is: more people involved, more implications, etc.. And as usual, most of the conclusions of my analysis came true in a short while. The thing that I remember the most is the annoyance of certain people as they were acting irrationally, and since it was a very close and public event, I got to see that a lot closer than usual. I also remember liking the fact that other family members used sedatives, so they were nice instead of being controlling.
    LOL, based on this, my best guess is that you have a dramatically underdeveloped Fe. Usually you see this with INTPs whose Ti has completely eclipsed Fe ... due to a number of possible reasons but I would definitely not rule out psychological trauma (or just an isolated youth?)

    Glossing over memories and jumping into the Bill Gates analogy indicates N, probably Ne. Internal subjective analysis over external organization: Ti.

    INTP or ENTP most likely, in that case. Your focus on building a business and seeing the fruits indicate ENTP...

    You should really consider removing whatever block is hiding that Fe. You sound like a sociopath, and that can't be fun.

    arkigos = {
    mbti_type: INTP,
    cog_funcs: INTP.get_cog_funcs(),
    political_slogan: 'The INTP .... who cares!',
    influences: ['Socrates', 'Jesus', 'Descartes', 'John Stuart Mill', 'Kurt Cobain'],
    interests: ['History', 'Programming', 'Philosophy', 'Typing', 'Advocacy of the Devil'],
    alignment: neutral_good,
    }

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    LOL, based on this, my best guess is that you have a dramatically underdeveloped Fe. Usually you see this with INTPs whose Ti has completely eclipsed Fe ... due to a number of possible reasons but I would definitely not rule out psychological trauma (or just an isolated youth?)

    Glossing over memories and jumping into the Bill Gates analogy indicates N, probably Ne. Internal subjective analysis over external organization: Ti.

    INTP or ENTP most likely, in that case. Your focus on building a business and seeing the fruits indicate ENTP...

    You should really consider removing whatever block is hiding that Fe. You sound like a sociopath, and that can't be fun.
    What would be external organization (Te) in this case?

    Anyway, it's not that I don't feel bad in various situations, it's that i don't act on it, nor, after very short while, think on it. I assume that to my self-control, which for many years was my main self-developmental goal. As a kid, mom used to use various things I do or say against me, so instead of doing or saying something she may use against me, I learned to control myself more and more. Therefore, I've developed an extremely high level of self-control. Even in the most extreme and unpredictable situations I keep my cool. That goes that far for logical reasoning as well, not only for emotions - if there is no logical reason to do it, there is no point in doing it.

Similar Threads

  1. What's My Type? Socionics Version
    By HBIC in forum Socionics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 10:43 PM
  2. Let's try this again...so what's my type?
    By Presumptuous Pepper in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM
  3. What was my type again?
    By wolfy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 07:28 AM
  4. Results are here. What's my type?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 09:46 AM
  5. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO