User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Default Hello! I'm new here and I need some help...

I've studied a bit of the MBTI and have figured that I'm an INxJ. The online tests mostly agree, with the exception of one which placed me as an INTP. I'm curious as to whether I'm an INTJ or INFJ. I've read the descriptions of both types--not to mention a few threads on several websites trying to pin-point a difference between the two--but for every step forward I take towards one of the two, I take another back to the other one. I think I'm more likely an INFJ, though I'm still not sure. I generally prefer good-hearted people than intelligent people, though my favourites are people with a combination of both; if I had to chose between an intelligent person and a person with a good nature, I would choose the latter. As another member, uumlau, put it in another similar thread:

INTJs will care more about what a person can do, e.g., w/r to a project, while the INFJ will care more about what kind of person it is, whether they're trustworthy, etc.
    In conclusion, could anybody point to some ways to distinguish the two so that the answers I get aren't fully influenced by the information I present? Thank you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Have you read much about fe and te?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Have you read much about fe and te?
    Yes, but I'm familiar with both in my life. I'd rather not bias the judgement, as any hint of inclination towards one will give me quick replies along the lines of, 'You are certainly X', which is not something I want. I have a tendency to constantly change from a favour of one thing over to another and back; anything I say about myself will probably be a product of favouring one type over the other at the moment, which is why I am rather vague about myself.

Perhaps asking a few questions in a deductive way might do the trick better than me laying out my whole life before the world.

Sorry if I make any of you do too much work to help my 'obsession'.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Welcome aboard!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

That sounded more fe to me. Haha idk tho man I can't tell you which you are yet...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

I guess I won't be able to get around a description of myself, then. Well, I don't make big shows of emotion about most things as I don't consider them important; I live mostly in my own head filled with abstract, erratic thoughts and the day-to-day worries and concerns of people like 'Did you hear what X said?' or 'I can't believe X did that to me!', and events which generally interest people don't interest me much--sport games (unless it's a big football championship like FIFA, where I won't bother to watch any game but my team's), Oscars and so on. However, I do have strong feelings for people close to me and some other passions of mine--passions which are generally concerned with people and feelings (such as the maltreatment of the poor and the general population in my country--not to mention the tyrants who run it--or things like beautiful music and art).

I understand feeling pretty well and how people work--I'll use that to my own advantage sometimes, but I usually don't need to or don't want to. The only thing I have a problem with is death as I don't think my comforting is ever good enough for the situation.

When I work with theories that don't revolve around people but cold, hard logic, I generally try to push emotion out of the way as it will be of no help to me in the situation, or might do worse if I'm arguing with somebody about my belief on Y and the person asks for logical consistency in my opinion. If I'm faced with the question 'x-1=2', I can't think of how emotion could help me. If I'm faced with philosophy--something I enjoy--I couldn't possibly give a thought simply based on that it correlates with my feelings on the matter; though I will try to make a logical argument for something I already feel; this is a habit I've made for myself thanks to an INTP friend of mine for whom I had to express all my beliefs logically.

If this is of any help, I do my best to find the best words for a situation. When I'm trying to say something detailed, I will stop sometimes in the middle of my speech and think for a few seconds, trying to find the best way to express it, and once I have found it, continue on with my speech. I generally do my best to arrange words in their proper order as to leave no confusion, which isn't always the case when one speaks colloquially.

I also have this little habit of personifying objects. As an example, if I want to use a certain pen for my work, but I accidentally take another one out, I won't keep it on the basis that 'Oh, it's still as good' or put it back because I wanted the other one--I will keep it because I feel rude if I take it and put it back--almost as if I'm hurting it's feelings. I know it's weird, but that's how I work.

I think that pretty much sums me up, so I'll let you guys do the magic.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    I've studied a bit of the MBTI and have figured that I'm an INxJ. The online tests mostly agree, with the exception of one which placed me as an INTP. I'm curious as to whether I'm an INTJ or INFJ. I've read the descriptions of both types--not to mention a few threads on several websites trying to pin-point a difference between the two--but for every step forward I take towards one of the two, I take another back to the other one. I think I'm more likely an INFJ, though I'm still not sure. I generally prefer good-hearted people than intelligent people, though my favourites are people with a combination of both; if I had to chose between an intelligent person and a person with a good nature, I would choose the latter. As another member, uumlau, put it in another similar thread:

In conclusion, could anybody point to some ways to distinguish the two so that the answers I get aren't fully influenced by the information I present? Thank you.
    Ok so you are definitely Ni dominant.
    To be honest when i read INFJ and INTJ profile...maaan i see a lot of difference.

But that is not a point...profiles are pretty much shitty way to type yourself so let's go with smth else.
    Descriptions of functions are very important to understand.

INFJ:
    dom Ni

aux. Fe - Fe is mostly described as "should feel" while Fi is described "how i feel about it". Fe looks into social norms in a it's own fashion. Manners are important and they apply their feeling function to communicate with people. Fe users have very obvious facial expressions often.
    tert. Ti - while young INFJs uses Fe to make decisions, later in life Ti as introverted logic helps them to act half thinking half feeling. Ti is subjective logic and since is tert. here it would be more general and less refined.

inferior Se

INTJ
    Ni dom

Te aux. - extroverted logic rules INTJs decision process. While Fe is more prone to act according to general feelings and communicate with feeling outwardly, Te applies general logic. How we should all think about things and understand them logically. that's why INTJs and Te aux and dom users are often stubborn.
    Fi tert. - soft touch in INTJs. Reason why INTJs come across with serious faces is because their feelings are very hidden and very subjective. But also as tert. more general approach to using this function. choosing what they like through Fi and using Te to deal with it.

inferior Se

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpet View Post
    INFJ:
    dom Ni

aux. Fe - Fe is mostly described as "should feel" while Fi is described "how i feel about it". Fe looks into social norms in a it's own fashion. Manners are important and they apply their feeling function to communicate with people. Fe users have very obvious facial expressions often.
    tert. Ti - while young INFJs uses Fe to make decisions, later in life Ti as introverted logic helps them to act half thinking half feeling. Ti is subjective logic and since is tert. here it would be more general and less refined.
    I can identify with most of this. I just have one problem: what do you mean when you say 'Fe looks into social norms in a it's own fashion'?

inferior Se

INTJ
    Ni dom

Te aux. - extroverted logic rules INTJs decision process. While Fe is more prone to act according to general feelings and communicate with feeling outwardly, Te applies general logic. How we should all think about things and understand them logically. that's why INTJs and Te aux and dom users are often stubborn.
    Fi tert. - soft touch in INTJs. Reason why INTJs come across with serious faces is because their feelings are very hidden and very subjective. But also as tert. more general approach to using this function. choosing what they like through Fi and using Te to deal with it.

inferior Se
    Well, I try to keep to logic when it's needed. I won't argue for Christianity one the ground that it gives me emotional support--which is a shame that many Christians use this argument--but on arguments that are thoroughly logical regarding any of its aspects.

As for Fi, I like to keep my feelings to myself most of the time--a lot more people would be insulted by me were it not for that--but I will usually let them out when I feel overjoyed or extremely angry.

Schopenhauer

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Is or more like you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Is or more like you?
    Good question; I'm not sure. Jesus, probably.

Schopenhauer