I haven't been on this forum in a while, so hi everyone!
Anyways, this is something that's sort of been bothering me for a while now. I don't fit the image I have in my head of what intuitives are like. Which means either a) I have the wrong idea about intuitives and need to relearn the N/S difference, or b) I'm actually a sensor, which would bring up more questions...The problem is, the INTP descriptions fit me almost perfectly, and none of the ISxx descriptions fit me.
Here are the things I've come to associate with intuition:
- Future-oriented - I don't think much about about the future, to be honest. Although I'm not really living in the present either...I'm just in my head all the time.
- Generating ideas - I invent fantasy stories in my head all the time and daydream for hours at a time. But put me in a social situation and I can't come up with anything to say or talk about. People think I'm just shy, but I really have nothing to say. Other intuitives describe how they bounce around from one idea to the next, but most of the time, I really don't see that in me.
- Focus on possibilities - Maybe. I don't like brainstorming and I don't see the need to come up with many ideas when I only need one good one. On the other hand..."possibilities" is kind of broad. It does fit me in the sense that I easily come up with alternatives and different interpretations when I'm analyzing a situation, but most situations don't call for detailed analysis.
- Big picture - No idea whether this fits me or not. I'm probably right in the middle between big picture and details.
- Focus on hidden meanings - I don't think this fits me that well. I mean, I'm fully capable of finding hidden meanings in things, and I especially look for these when the situation calls for it (like when reading poetry), but it's not necessarily the first thing I notice. If someone shows me a picture of an apple and asks me to describe and interpret it, I would just think "It's an apple." And I would see no point in going into any more detail.
- Oblivious to surroundings - This is about the only thing that really fits me. I walk into things a lot. I have walked into garbage cans, signposts, people, etc. I can (and frequently do) walk by something everyday and never even notice it's there, until one random day when I finally do notice and wonder how long it's been there.
So....am I an intuitive or am I actually a sensor? (Please feel free to ask questions. )