Hello, I'm not as new to MBTI in theory but i still haven't managed to type myself.
I've been into it for past 2 years and as reading up i had a few theories upon my type but i can't know for sure.
So i will try to say a few things about me that could give you an insight on my type.
Any advice excepted, as i said - i have no idea.
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I have been in rather stressful period but i'm slowly out of it. What could effect is that my mind seems to detect which function is my answer refereeing to but still i can't detect my type.
I'm female, 23, nervous (in general lol).
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
Style of picture reminds me on when they speed up picture in the middle of csi and show me the shore and around Miami lol.
But in general picture has a very nice colours. The coulour of the sea is a bit unnatural on the other hand and blue colour on the sky is not so impressive...it looks like pain put on the picture.
It looks like abandoned place...wouldn't like to find myself there...looks liek it's at the end of the world. The shore is very unapproachable. Anyway...im not attracted to this beauty of nature.
Also i don't know why...but they have put element of speed in a picture which presents quiet place and abandoned one. Contraindication and disturbing in this case.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
We have to find a way to get to the concert. It must be smth.
If not, plan B is to have fun where we are. Little bit of drinking, little bit of hanging out and moaning about not being at concert is always better in a group.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Sure...when im already there. I'm not exactly "center of attention" type of person but i like to have chat around if i find someone who is good for company...good chat is always welcome.
Also...they can drink as long as they don't crash or make a trouble to all of us.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Inward...really? let's see about this...and then i say my opinion and debate it in best case
wouldn't like to make anybody uncomfortable...but if she is a friend she probably knows already we clash at that point
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I start thinking about how people who did think of it...how they see it that is different from how i see it...
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
when smth comes up in my life i try to make decision about how i see things like that. But with time, and very slowly, i learned to learn that not everybody thinks that way and i can't be blindly guided by how i theoretically see that.
So i learned to take other people's opinions into account to make mine's more flexible and approachable to others. Also saves me a lot of pain and disappointment in this life.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) people tell me i have interesting opinions and views on things from other's. i'm also more absent minded and self absorbed maybe. also i often make up stories to make people laugh and to maintain happy atmosphere.
b)i think it's maybe accepting easier way as possible one, know how to quit on time, to over think less sometimes, less anger also, less expectations from things, more rational reactions, how to handle panic reactions...as any person, many little things really
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Yes, im often paranoid. And that's what i hate about things, that im gonna be right about smth bad.
But i do liek predicting future in a way of possible development of a situation. I can sometimes predict people's answers about things according to what i have told them.
They are often triggered - sometimes when people tell me their stories my mind sometimes skips few steps and start assuming what happened next...i can be right about these things.
I don't liek to say hunches but i think i can assume things or know through insight of another person what is happening.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) smth nice happening in my life. smth that went well. good news. good relationships with people. good grades. anything good gives me energy to go forward and to hope for the best.
b) well...i think arguments that went wrong...smth humiliating happening usually puts me in a bad mood...not enough time alone, or too much time alone as well (i like to keep balance with these things)
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I repress some image of me that i won't other's to see. Like me as an angry person, impulsive - i don't like people to see me as someone who doesn't think.
I repress some bad things in my mind around people...distraction serves me well sometimes, my own problems i best resolve while thinking alone. I tried to be more open about it with people but in resulted with me feeling like a burden to them and i know i can handle it myself. I don't want to use people as private psychologists, they are friends and they have their own problems. I prefer to listen their problems then they listening to mine. Or if we have common problem we can discuss it and understand each other.