User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 12

  1. #1
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default Advice on my type

    Hello, I'm not as new to MBTI in theory but i still haven't managed to type myself.
    I've been into it for past 2 years and as reading up i had a few theories upon my type but i can't know for sure.
    So i will try to say a few things about me that could give you an insight on my type.
    Any advice excepted, as i said - i have no idea.

    0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

    I have been in rather stressful period but i'm slowly out of it. What could effect is that my mind seems to detect which function is my answer refereeing to but still i can't detect my type.
    I'm female, 23, nervous (in general lol).

    1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

    8043786812_c04fc2693e.jpg

    Style of picture reminds me on when they speed up picture in the middle of csi and show me the shore and around Miami lol.
    But in general picture has a very nice colours. The coulour of the sea is a bit unnatural on the other hand and blue colour on the sky is not so impressive...it looks like pain put on the picture.
    It looks like abandoned place...wouldn't like to find myself there...looks liek it's at the end of the world. The shore is very unapproachable. Anyway...im not attracted to this beauty of nature.
    Also i don't know why...but they have put element of speed in a picture which presents quiet place and abandoned one. Contraindication and disturbing in this case.


    2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?


    We have to find a way to get to the concert. It must be smth.
    If not, plan B is to have fun where we are. Little bit of drinking, little bit of hanging out and moaning about not being at concert is always better in a group.

    3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

    Sure...when im already there. I'm not exactly "center of attention" type of person but i like to have chat around if i find someone who is good for company...good chat is always welcome.
    Also...they can drink as long as they don't crash or make a trouble to all of us.

    4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

    Inward...really? let's see about this...and then i say my opinion and debate it in best case
    wouldn't like to make anybody uncomfortable...but if she is a friend she probably knows already we clash at that point

    5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

    I start thinking about how people who did think of it...how they see it that is different from how i see it...

    6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

    when smth comes up in my life i try to make decision about how i see things like that. But with time, and very slowly, i learned to learn that not everybody thinks that way and i can't be blindly guided by how i theoretically see that.
    So i learned to take other people's opinions into account to make mine's more flexible and approachable to others. Also saves me a lot of pain and disappointment in this life.

    7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

    a) people tell me i have interesting opinions and views on things from other's. i'm also more absent minded and self absorbed maybe. also i often make up stories to make people laugh and to maintain happy atmosphere.
    b)i think it's maybe accepting easier way as possible one, know how to quit on time, to over think less sometimes, less anger also, less expectations from things, more rational reactions, how to handle panic reactions...as any person, many little things really

    8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

    Yes, im often paranoid. And that's what i hate about things, that im gonna be right about smth bad.
    But i do liek predicting future in a way of possible development of a situation. I can sometimes predict people's answers about things according to what i have told them.
    They are often triggered - sometimes when people tell me their stories my mind sometimes skips few steps and start assuming what happened next...i can be right about these things.
    I don't liek to say hunches but i think i can assume things or know through insight of another person what is happening.

    9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

    a) smth nice happening in my life. smth that went well. good news. good relationships with people. good grades. anything good gives me energy to go forward and to hope for the best.
    b) well...i think arguments that went wrong...smth humiliating happening usually puts me in a bad mood...not enough time alone, or too much time alone as well (i like to keep balance with these things)

    10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

    I repress some image of me that i won't other's to see. Like me as an angry person, impulsive - i don't like people to see me as someone who doesn't think.
    I repress some bad things in my mind around people...distraction serves me well sometimes, my own problems i best resolve while thinking alone. I tried to be more open about it with people but in resulted with me feeling like a burden to them and i know i can handle it myself. I don't want to use people as private psychologists, they are friends and they have their own problems. I prefer to listen their problems then they listening to mine. Or if we have common problem we can discuss it and understand each other.

  2. #2
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    You strike me as an ISTP (Ti Se Ni Fe)

    First, Ti lives a bit in their head thinking things through. Analyzing, organizing ideas, considering things thoroughly. This is more of a private thing but it's important to you that people see you as having thought things through. You don't want to be seen as right so much as you actually want to be right and could just as easily keep it to yourself. A desire for self-control comes from this, perhaps a stoicism. People will consider you thoughtful and fair if not somewhat inflexible about facts and data.

    Se says life is for living and stuffy traditions need to be ignored when they get in the way. A drink with friends, a great night with real experiences. Se tends to be generous and forgiving/easy-going with others in a social context. Se loves fun, experiences and people. This doesn't mean that they are the life of the party, especially coupled with Ti - just that they appreciate these things and want to be a part of them.

    Ni, while somewhat de-prioritized by an ISTP, indicates an internalized creative spark. Genius, simply put. Seeing patterns in things behind the veil. This can inform the more prioritized functions by adding a little kooky intuition to the mix. You'll see ISTPs who get into the paranormal, or into conspiracy theories, for example... trying to see hidden meaning, ideas, patterns in the world around them.

    Last and often least is Fe. This is an open loving care and attentiveness to the feelings of a group. Feelings aren't for brooding about, they are for being shared. Social warmth derives from Fe and visible displays of caring ... if this function ever manages to get any air time.. or to not get trumped by the others. All the ISTPs I know are total softies when you get to know them.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    You strike me as an ISTP (Ti Se Ni Fe)

    First, Ti lives a bit in their head thinking things through. Analyzing, organizing ideas, considering things thoroughly. This is more of a private thing but it's important to you that people see you as having thought things through. You don't want to be seen as right so much as you actually want to be right and could just as easily keep it to yourself. A desire for self-control comes from this, perhaps a stoicism. People will consider you thoughtful and fair if not somewhat inflexible about facts and data.

    Se says life is for living and stuffy traditions need to be ignored when they get in the way. A drink with friends, a great night with real experiences. Se tends to be generous and forgiving/easy-going with others in a social context. Se loves fun, experiences and people. This doesn't mean that they are the life of the party, especially coupled with Ti - just that they appreciate these things and want to be a part of them.

    Ni, while somewhat de-prioritized by an ISTP, indicates an internalized creative spark. Genius, simply put. Seeing patterns in things behind the veil. This can inform the more prioritized functions by adding a little kooky intuition to the mix. You'll see ISTPs who get into the paranormal, or into conspiracy theories, for example... trying to see hidden meaning, ideas, patterns in the world around them.

    Last and often least is Fe. This is an open loving care and attentiveness to the feelings of a group. Feelings aren't for brooding about, they are for being shared. Social warmth derives from Fe and visible displays of caring ... if this function ever manages to get any air time.. or to not get trumped by the others. All the ISTPs I know are total softies when you get to know them.
    OK - good suggestion

    I see your point with Ti and i do stand behind im self-control and analysis prone. - makes sense shortly.

    Se - ok i am fun loving, but i am also young person. But you see I'm bad in observing the world around me, i am often so in my own thoughts i once missed 20 kg heavy Buddha in front of my feet. lol Anyway and im not very good with my hands. I often think that i need a someone who will make things for me. I like maybe making things, but hand-eye coordination is bad with me and i have no patience...im always speed up and in some moments when in my thoughts i can be very slow paced person. Weird really.

    Ni - Ni is a function i always see myself in kinda. I do like meaning and ideas but i like action after it usually...but then after action i like to look forward to new idea etc. etc.

    Fe - yes true...Fe things stand for me


    Gonna tell you right away, i never considered myself to be seen as S type. Not cuz of me, but i don't see how could someone see me as S type since im such an absent minded and bad at observing even if i actually do like to look at nice things and analyze them.

    it's very interesting analysis. But many things stand here as much as they don't stand. aren't istps handy and stuff? i am not really...

  4. #4
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpet View Post
    OK - good suggestion

    I see your point with Ti and i do stand behind im self-control and analysis prone. - makes sense shortly.

    Se - ok i am fun loving, but i am also young person. But you see I'm bad in observing the world around me, i am often so in my own thoughts i once missed 20 kg heavy Buddha in front of my feet. lol Anyway and im not very good with my hands. I often think that i need a someone who will make things for me. I like maybe making things, but hand-eye coordination is bad with me and i have no patience...im always speed up and in some moments when in my thoughts i can be very slow paced person. Weird really.

    Ni - Ni is a function i always see myself in kinda. I do like meaning and ideas but i like action after it usually...but then after action i like to look forward to new idea etc. etc.

    Fe - yes true...Fe things stand for me


    Gonna tell you right away, i never considered myself to be seen as S type. Not cuz of me, but i don't see how could someone see me as S type since im such an absent minded and bad at observing even if i actually do like to look at nice things and analyze them.

    it's very interesting analysis. But many things stand here as much as they don't stand. aren't istps handy and stuff? i am not really...
    Yeah, ISTP is almost always handy in some way.. or at least highly motivated towards, er, jury-rigging. People who deconstruct like you do in a non-utilitarian way often end up typing ISFP. "well I am like this but then I am like this until I am like that while I am like this but only if I am not like that" is an SFP thing in my experience.

    You come across as an S type... remember that, SFP especially, can be super creative spacy and random. Having crazy ideas is not an N thing by any means... N tends to be aloof, intellectual and sometimes particular and elitist about their 'Divine Spark' and they say things like 'Divine Spark', which is sometimes absurd to S types. Most if not all of my favorite musicians.. the truly creative and expressive ones are ISFPs.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    Yeah, ISTP is almost always handy in some way.. or at least highly motivated towards, er, jury-rigging. People who deconstruct like you do in a non-utilitarian way often end up typing ISFP. "well I am like this but then I am like this until I am like that while I am like this but only if I am not like that" is an SFP thing in my experience.

    You come across as an S type... remember that, SFP especially, can be super creative spacy and random. Having crazy ideas is not an N thing by any means... N tends to be aloof, intellectual and sometimes particular and elitist about their 'Divine Spark' and they say things like 'Divine Spark', which is sometimes absurd to S types. Most if not all of my favorite musicians.. the truly creative and expressive ones are ISFPs.

    Yeah but how do i go here from Ti dom to Fi dom?
    Or did you think that people end up to be typed as ISFP cuz of that these things?
    I was mostly thinking about which things would support your theory and which ones would oppose.

    Also i don't like these descriptions too personalized for types..."if you are handy you are an ISTP"...doesn't work...right way to mistype myself
    Now, im really confused...i don't see myself as Fi dom but not a little a bit. Especially not connected with Se as aux. function.

    I simply disconnected from Se driven behavior in iStp because i am prone to ignore physical world around me and i am often followed with an internal sensation of "floating" while walking down the street or surrounded by crowds.
    I could see myself in Se as being driven towards physical activity. I like mastering these things but it's mostly a habit in me that i can't push away cuz i have been in sport since i was 5. So it became obligation in a way.
    So this can make difference between me being naturally driven towards it and me having a habit of it but still having a very hard time really enjoying physical impulses.
    I hope you see the point im making.

    What i was trying to say is that i see the logic you are going with here. But i see a little holes in theory knowing myself.
    Now, i really wanna get to my type. But i will need you to tell me where you see in me functions of ISTP or ISFP.
    ISTP you explained in general. But i am maybe a bit demanding here, i don't wanna bug you here, but i would really like you to do the next thing just for me to see your point more clearly: quote me from my first post where you would see me showing certain functions.

    And thank you.

  6. #6
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    1. Your description of the photo is a stereotypically SP one - focused on the shape/colors and aesthetics. Also, on second reading you talk about it in more feeling terms.
    2. Typical SP reaction.
    3. Distinctly SP answer here... with hints of Introversion and more Feeling-oriented wording.
    4. Feeling-oriented talk here... focus on people and relationships.
    5. Again with the relationships.
    6. Flexible world-view without reliance on abstraction or hyperbole is definitely SP... again more of a Feeling vibe.
    7. a) SP with hint of Feeling. b) Smacking oneself in the forehead like that is a SFP thing. They typically have an ADD or ne'er-do-well attitude.
    8. I've seen this in SPs and always thought it was an Se Ni thing. Genius applied to concrete interactions? I don't know.
    9. a) Good times with good people with no mention of social responsibility = SFP (or STP). b) Considering that we are pretty sure SxP at this point, this just hints introversion.
    10. Depends on why you want this - open discussion amongst friends can be a lot of different things depending on how it goes down.

    So, yeah, I think that the ISTP thing was not such a good idea. A more thorough breakdown definitely is coming back with SFP .. and very likely ISFP.

    I'll tell you that the most distinct thing I have noticed about ISFPs is how hilariously impossible to type they are. So much so that I am almost forming a bias about it.

    Here are the functions:

    Fi:
    Copy/paste from Wikipedia because I like it... "Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation."

    I know two (male) SFPs and I don't think either would say they are led by emotion. They would say that they are led by what seems right and then shrug. Fi can be marked by a depth of emotion but the idea is that you would process based on what 'feels right' rather than, say, a Ti who processes based on analysis of facts. Not that one doesn't feel and one doesn't think... but which is how to naturally tend to work through things? For an Fi that is with their heart or their gut more than their machine brain.

    Se:
    This is pretty obvious but I'll talk about how it interacts with Fi. Fi Se is focused on the aesthetic of the world around them and their relationships with others. Fi Se can feel very stressed out and unsure about the pressures of life (in our culture this can sometimes be worse for men than for women) and Fi Se can often become ne'er-do-wells or passive jack-of-all-trades. They are good and attentive to any task they are given, but nothing seems to jump out at them as something they would like to spend the rest of their life drudging away at. Ideally, they will find a situation that let's them float around and focus on warm experiences and relationships. Fi Se are the best musicians and artists but this isn't always the case - sometimes they aren't really that amazing at... anything and would rather just compartmentalize that away.

    Ni:
    Symbolism, interpreted meaning, abstract patterns and all that. This is the final piece of the puzzle that makes ISFPs great musicians/artists ... they are capable of abstract interpretive creativity. Interestingly, this is their first real 'J' function. Adherence to a meaningful cause or idea is when ISFPs get real.

    Te:
    Organizing the world around them... at least in their head. This function tries to apply logic to the world. The can manifest as complaining or a 'take charge' attitude. Since it's the ISFP inferior... it's likely a last resort in times of stress or need.

    How's that looking?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    1. Your description of the photo is a stereotypically SP one - focused on the shape/colors and aesthetics. Also, on second reading you talk about it in more feeling terms.
    2. Typical SP reaction.
    3. Distinctly SP answer here... with hints of Introversion and more Feeling-oriented wording.
    4. Feeling-oriented talk here... focus on people and relationships.
    5. Again with the relationships.
    6. Flexible world-view without reliance on abstraction or hyperbole is definitely SP... again more of a Feeling vibe.
    7. a) SP with hint of Feeling. b) Smacking oneself in the forehead like that is a SFP thing. They typically have an ADD or ne'er-do-well attitude.
    8. I've seen this in SPs and always thought it was an Se Ni thing. Genius applied to concrete interactions? I don't know.
    9. a) Good times with good people with no mention of social responsibility = SFP (or STP). b) Considering that we are pretty sure SxP at this point, this just hints introversion.
    10. Depends on why you want this - open discussion amongst friends can be a lot of different things depending on how it goes down.

    So, yeah, I think that the ISTP thing was not such a good idea. A more thorough breakdown definitely is coming back with SFP .. and very likely ISFP.

    I'll tell you that the most distinct thing I have noticed about ISFPs is how hilariously impossible to type they are. So much so that I am almost forming a bias about it.

    Here are the functions:

    Fi:
    Copy/paste from Wikipedia because I like it... "Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation."

    I know two (male) SFPs and I don't think either would say they are led by emotion. They would say that they are led by what seems right and then shrug. Fi can be marked by a depth of emotion but the idea is that you would process based on what 'feels right' rather than, say, a Ti who processes based on analysis of facts. Not that one doesn't feel and one doesn't think... but which is how to naturally tend to work through things? For an Fi that is with their heart or their gut more than their machine brain.

    Se:
    This is pretty obvious but I'll talk about how it interacts with Fi. Fi Se is focused on the aesthetic of the world around them and their relationships with others. Fi Se can feel very stressed out and unsure about the pressures of life (in our culture this can sometimes be worse for men than for women) and Fi Se can often become ne'er-do-wells or passive jack-of-all-trades. They are good and attentive to any task they are given, but nothing seems to jump out at them as something they would like to spend the rest of their life drudging away at. Ideally, they will find a situation that let's them float around and focus on warm experiences and relationships. Fi Se are the best musicians and artists but this isn't always the case - sometimes they aren't really that amazing at... anything and would rather just compartmentalize that away.

    Ni:
    Symbolism, interpreted meaning, abstract patterns and all that. This is the final piece of the puzzle that makes ISFPs great musicians/artists ... they are capable of abstract interpretive creativity. Interestingly, this is their first real 'J' function. Adherence to a meaningful cause or idea is when ISFPs get real.

    Te:
    Organizing the world around them... at least in their head. This function tries to apply logic to the world. The can manifest as complaining or a 'take charge' attitude. Since it's the ISFP inferior... it's likely a last resort in times of stress or need.

    How's that looking?

    1. Oh yes, i am not very keen on nature photos cuz i am really not a bit nature lover. But since it was a pic like that i decided to say what it's the most obvious on it. That was really SP picture.

    2. It's the easiest reaction...more we use from a fact we are not getting there the better we are.

    3. Yes i am more introverted in these gatherings...im uncomfortable in a big party place and i don't like loud surroundings...i am more verbal person and i like conversations. That's why i would find someone there to talk to and chat and have drinks.

    4. Yes, because people always over-react when you start saying your opinion. I do in the end always and end up being called blunt but i don't mind it. I never understood why people sometimes can't handle critic. Not that i don't want to agree, but we don't have to agree to have a proper argument. I never thought i ever said anything bad, just remember being called blunt often. But i don't take it as negative. I think everybody have their role in society and in group so someone has to have words like i do as well.

    10. Why do i do that? I like to share things with people about how i feel. But i choose specific moments. Depending on a person i always adapt. I say everything but i always put it in a way other person would accept it best. This is not active thought process, it is just smth i know. And i like to approach people on that way...it's a skill i have and i love it...im comfortable with adapting to people's views and feelings. Maybe cuz i never have my own firm ground on how i feel about things. I have maybe an attitude but how i feel about things is not always clear to me. My personal emotions depend on other's mostly. But i enjoy handling general feelings with people and stand on the same ground with them.
    And about other things and impulsiveness...in very bad and stressful times im impulsive but i hate that trait in general and in people. I prefer taking things slowly and with time. everything has it's time but i never act according to impulses mostly. when i do, i regret often.

    About never do right...many ISTJs are very demanding and they often never do good enough for themselves as well.

    Functions are right in order you put them. But you are forgetting the place of inferior function maybe. All these functions are described in general. But Te as inferior makes ISFPs hate to be in charge in reality. Tertiary Ni is like introspection in them. I know these things cuz my best friend is an ISFP.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post

    I'll tell you that the most distinct thing I have noticed about ISFPs is how hilariously impossible to type they are. So much so that I am almost forming a bias about it.

    Here are the functions:

    Fi:
    Copy/paste from Wikipedia because I like it... "Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation."

    I know two (male) SFPs and I don't think either would say they are led by emotion. They would say that they are led by what seems right and then shrug. Fi can be marked by a depth of emotion but the idea is that you would process based on what 'feels right' rather than, say, a Ti who processes based on analysis of facts. Not that one doesn't feel and one doesn't think... but which is how you naturally tend to work through things? For an Fi that is with their heart or their gut more than their machine brain.

    Se:
    This is pretty obvious but I'll talk about how it interacts with Fi. Fi Se is focused on the aesthetic of the world around them and their relationships with others. Fi Se can feel very stressed out and unsure about the pressures of life (in our culture this can sometimes be worse for men than for women) and Fi Se can often become ne'er-do-wells or passive jack-of-all-trades. They are good and attentive to any task they are given, but nothing seems to jump out at them as something they would like to spend the rest of their life drudging away at. Ideally, they will find a situation that let's them float around and focus on warm experiences and relationships. Fi Se are the best musicians and artists but this isn't always the case - sometimes they aren't really that amazing at... anything and would rather just compartmentalize that away.

    Ni:
    Symbolism, interpreted meaning, abstract patterns and all that. This is the final piece of the puzzle that makes ISFPs great musicians/artists ... they are capable of abstract interpretive creativity. Interestingly, this is their first real 'J' function. Adherence to a meaningful cause or idea is when ISFPs get real.

    Te:
    Organizing the world around them... at least in their head. This function tries to apply logic to the world. The can manifest as complaining or a 'take charge' attitude. Since it's the ISFP inferior... it's likely a last resort in times of stress or need.

    How's that looking?
    "Fi Se can often become ne'er-do-wells or passive jack-of-all-trades." - im jack of one trade always. When im interested in smth i stay there and i can do it until i die. I'm often very dedicated and i almost never give up. I like to finish things. I'm "obsessed" kind of a person.

    "Fi Se is focused on the aesthetic of the world around them and their relationships with others." - im not very focused on world around me in general. I hardly care about the surroundings. I care about with who i am and what are we talking about. The things are physically beautiful only when i attach good things to them

    "They are good and attentive to any task they are given, but nothing seems to jump out at them as something they would like to spend the rest of their life drudging away at." - things worth nothing to me if they are not permanent. One moment interests are smth i am not attracted to. When i go into smth if im gonna be dedicated to it, it has to be smth i am sure im gonna do for a long long time and rest of my life. I like life purpose things.

    "Organizing the world around them... at least in their head. This function tries to apply logic to the world. The can manifest as complaining or a 'take charge' attitude. Since it's the ISFP inferior... it's likely a last resort in times of stress or need." - im bad with this. I don't organize world logically and i mostly like logical order inside of me rather then in my surrounding.

    "Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation." - i know when smth is false when people are talking because their emotional reaction doesn't respond for what it should be in general. This is how i know they are scamming smth. That and i usually can smell "their shadow" in a way. Background intention i can suppose. I come across as rather distrustful and skeptical towards people. That's why i like re-assure myself.

  9. #9
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpet View Post
    "Fi Se can often become ne'er-do-wells or passive jack-of-all-trades." - im jack of one trade always. When im interested in smth i stay there and i can do it until i die. I'm often very dedicated and i almost never give up. I like to finish things. I'm "obsessed" kind of a person.

    "Fi Se is focused on the aesthetic of the world around them and their relationships with others." - im not very focused on world around me in general. I hardly care about the surroundings. I care about with who i am and what are we talking about. The things are physically beautiful only when i attach good things to them

    "They are good and attentive to any task they are given, but nothing seems to jump out at them as something they would like to spend the rest of their life drudging away at." - things worth nothing to me if they are not permanent. One moment interests are smth i am not attracted to. When i go into smth if im gonna be dedicated to it, it has to be smth i am sure im gonna do for a long long time and rest of my life. I like life purpose things.

    "Organizing the world around them... at least in their head. This function tries to apply logic to the world. The can manifest as complaining or a 'take charge' attitude. Since it's the ISFP inferior... it's likely a last resort in times of stress or need." - im bad with this. I don't organize world logically and i mostly like logical order inside of me rather then in my surrounding.

    "Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation." - i know when smth is false when people are talking because their emotional reaction doesn't respond for what it should be in general. This is how i know they are scamming smth. That and i usually can smell "their shadow" in a way. Background intention i can suppose. I come across as rather distrustful and skeptical towards people. That's why i like re-assure myself.
    The ne'er-do-well, jack of all trades stuff was me stereotyping so take that with a grain of salt.

    I think I described Fi Se poorly as well... Fi often manifests by getting a 'feel' for something or someone. It's not being emotional and it can be fairly intangible. It's about making value judgements and going from the 'gut'. The way you describe your sense of people seems to reflect this.

    If you are an ISFP, Te would be your inferior function and might not be developed at all. However, as your inferior function it may only show up when you hit your boiling point. For example, as a dominant Ti... my stress implosions can be very emotional overwrought "YOU DON'T LOVE ME YOU NEEVVVEERRR LOOOVEEED MEEEE" Fe affairs. From an INTP?!? Yeah, because it's my inferior function.. it's the function I neglect but is nevertheless part of my psyche. When things fall apart it can rear it's ugly head. To quote an IFP from another forum:

    Te in ISFPs and INFPs manifests as occasional intense critical angry outbursts directed at others or the world at large. Normally ISFP pays close attention to harmony in their relationships and with their environment. When Te takes over they cannot see this harmony anymore but instead become highly critical and competitive. The inferior function acts very strongly and it's really rather blind when it hits. So these kinds of outbursts may be projected at inopportune moments. ISFP may suddenly sever relationship with a friend or yell at somebody at work.
    So, it is just as likely that for an ISFP, the inferior is more how they negatively portray than anything.

    arkigos = {
    mbti_type: INTP,
    cog_funcs: INTP.get_cog_funcs(),
    political_slogan: 'The INTP .... who cares!',
    influences: ['Socrates', 'Jesus', 'Descartes', 'John Stuart Mill', 'Kurt Cobain'],
    interests: ['History', 'Programming', 'Philosophy', 'Typing', 'Advocacy of the Devil'],
    alignment: neutral_good,
    }

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    The ne'er-do-well, jack of all trades stuff was me stereotyping so take that with a grain of salt.

    I think I described Fi Se poorly as well... Fi often manifests by getting a 'feel' for something or someone. It's not being emotional and it can be fairly intangible. It's about making value judgements and going from the 'gut'. The way you describe your sense of people seems to reflect this.

    If you are an ISFP, Te would be your inferior function and might not be developed at all. However, as your inferior function it may only show up when you hit your boiling point. For example, as a dominant Ti... my stress implosions can be very emotional overwrought "YOU DON'T LOVE ME YOU NEEVVVEERRR LOOOVEEED MEEEE" Fe affairs. From an INTP?!? Yeah, because it's my inferior function.. it's the function I neglect but is nevertheless part of my psyche. When things fall apart it can rear it's ugly head. To quote an IFP from another forum:



    So, it is just as likely that for an ISFP, the inferior is more how they negatively portray than anything.

    I am actually very familiar with functions...that's why is so hard for me to think i use Se as my dom or auc. function...i know many people who use it and we have obvious differences in points where they use Se.
    I feel bored looking around pretty things and shopping. I hate looking and watching. I don't like observing. I don't like practical things because they annoy me. Thous are all Se things.
    If i do use Se it has to be my tert. or inferior.

    And i know how inferior Te works.
    But mostly in stress i don't go angry...i go hyper emotional and i have that to the point of crying moments out of the blue, i often transfer my emotions physically which i don't notice and then i have pain all of the sudden or smth like that.


    And yes my descriptions look a lot like Fi when i describe my understanding of people. But i don't trust feelings as much. I am naturally skeptical little thing and i do have feelings when it comes to people but they are repressed because i use different things to choose friends.
    I usually pick people who see friendship like i do and then i use system of reciprocity and fairness to keep up with relationship, equal.
    I am not sure is it a value system or more logical approach but i think i use equal standards for everybody and i pick people according to that or don't pick them.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 02:15 AM
  2. [INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
  3. your opinion on my type?
    By yvonne in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 12:44 AM
  4. Musings on my type
    By Matthew_Z in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  5. The Verdict on My Type
    By MerkW in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO