• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am INTP but I want to be INTJ!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anyone else want to be a type that you are not and if so why? I chose INTJ because they have that Ni function that makes them seem so magical and mysterious as well as their intense focus of psychic energy not to mention that they will one day rule the world due to their supreme Mastermind intellect so for me the question would be who would not want to be INTJ! Also the greatest fictional characters and the most powerful wizards ever are largely INTJs like for example Gandalf from Lord of the Rings or Merlin from Arthurian legends. Some people even say that the greatest scientists ever such as Newton and Tesla were INTJ.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like to steal tricks from my NF-brethren. Im happy being ENFP, but INFPs, ENFJs and INFJs have certain skills I do not mind borrowing at all :devil:

Oh and ISFP is on my list to assimilate as well :ninja:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Trust me, Ni sucks.

:D

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You seem enamored with the concept of being a certain type because other people are certain types, or because of some kind of illusory gates put up to you by not being something or other (also, you're really into being with the group that will "rule the world," I've noticed, as though one group is going to subjugate everyone else on the basis of Myers-Briggs types or something).

I'd recommend just being comfortable with what you are and attempting to generally better yourself. If you want to learn new or try and look at things from a different angle, just try to do it. It doesn't have to have anything to do with type.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Ive never wanted to be anything.....except something and if that something is to be anything, then that something has to be me.

Within

Permabanned
That settles it. The X is being removed from the P/J of my type and replaced by a big PEEEEEEE because I want nothing to do with any gay ITJ types because you people are way too arrogant, what Socrates calls the "ultimate enemy of true knowledge!"

:cry:

Standuble

I'm INFP and I find myself desiring and envying the abilities all four NT types, the ENFP and the INFJ for different traits. Basically all types with T dominance or N dominance. There is nothing more irritating than a haunting (irrational) sense of being intellectually inferior or not as insightful/imaginative/conceptual as a person could be. I find myself wondering that if I wore the mantle of N-dom or T-dom I could perhaps make some avenues into making my values and ideals reality compared to what I have achieved (even if the transformation would mean I would stop being interested in them!)

INTJ would be a good type to try out, I agree. Though supposedly the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope, ENFP is the best type to be. I bet Nimue was an ENFP.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone else want to be a type that you are not and if so why? I chose INTJ because they have that Ni function that makes them seem so magical and mysterious as well as their intense focus of psychic energy not to mention that they will one day rule the world due to their supreme Mastermind intellect so for me the question would be who would not want to be INTJ! Also the greatest fictional characters and the most powerful wizards ever are largely INTJs like for example Gandalf from Lord of the Rings or Merlin from Arthurian legends. Some people even say that the greatest scientists ever such as Newton and Tesla were INTJ.

I've wished I was INTJ or ENTJ at times. Not so much for the take over the world thing but just because they appear more confident and get more things done compared to INTPs.

A

Anew Leaf

There are times I wish to be ENTJ because they have their Packages Packaged Together and All that.

But then I realize how glorious it is to be a fluffy white star swirling around on space wind eating frozen grapes, and I am reminded that I am exactly who I was created to be and therefore I am just right the way I am and I shouldn't wish to be something that I am not because it would be like putting on an outfit that doesn't quite fit and the one I have on is quite comfy and stuffed with the downy feathers of a bird that doesn't exist yet.

the end.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am really glad [MENTION=9187]Within[/MENTION] that you dug up that ancient and archaic old fossil. What an incredible archaeological artifact you have just discovered! Now everyone can see just how hypocritical and retarted I am. Great!

Nicki

Retired
I'm an ENTJ who strongly desires to be an INFJ. They're just such lovely, unique people. I admire them from afar of course, my Te often rubs them the wrong way.

Porridge

Enneagram
The person I fell in love with was ENFJ, I adored everything about him. He was like the one person I admired, and he was also everything I'm not, hahah.
I would never want to be something I'm not, but I will say that I appreciate the ENFJs very much.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I wouldn't mind being ENTJ as opposed to ENTP. ENTJ's tend to be much more conscientious and seem to get a lot more done. ENTJ's are work-a-holics!

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I'd much rather be sure of what I am before I start worrying about what I want to be.