12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default I am INTP but I want to be INTJ!

Does anyone else want to be a type that you are not and if so why? I chose INTJ because they have that Ni function that makes them seem so magical and mysterious as well as their intense focus of psychic energy not to mention that they will one day rule the world due to their supreme Mastermind intellect so for me the question would be who would not want to be INTJ! Also the greatest fictional characters and the most powerful wizards ever are largely INTJs like for example Gandalf from Lord of the Rings or Merlin from Arthurian legends. Some people even say that the greatest scientists ever such as Newton and Tesla were INTJ.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I like to steal tricks from my NF-brethren. Im happy being ENFP, but INFPs, ENFJs and INFJs have certain skills I do not mind borrowing at all

Oh and ISFP is on my list to assimilate as well
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Trust me, Ni sucks.

4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You seem enamored with the concept of being a certain type because other people are certain types, or because of some kind of illusory gates put up to you by not being something or other (also, you're really into being with the group that will "rule the world," I've noticed, as though one group is going to subjugate everyone else on the basis of Myers-Briggs types or something).

I'd recommend just being comfortable with what you are and attempting to generally better yourself. If you want to learn new or try and look at things from a different angle, just try to do it. It doesn't have to have anything to do with type.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Ive never wanted to be anything.....except something and if that something is to be anything, then that something has to be me.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    That settles it. The X is being removed from the P/J of my type and replaced by a big PEEEEEEE because I want nothing to do with any gay ITJ types because you people are way too arrogant, what Socrates calls the "ultimate enemy of true knowledge!"

I'm INFP and I find myself desiring and envying the abilities all four NT types, the ENFP and the INFJ for different traits. Basically all types with T dominance or N dominance. There is nothing more irritating than a haunting (irrational) sense of being intellectually inferior or not as insightful/imaginative/conceptual as a person could be. I find myself wondering that if I wore the mantle of N-dom or T-dom I could perhaps make some avenues into making my values and ideals reality compared to what I have achieved (even if the transformation would mean I would stop being interested in them!)

INTJ would be a good type to try out, I agree. Though supposedly the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Nope, ENFP is the best type to be. I bet Nimue was an ENFP.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Does anyone else want to be a type that you are not and if so why? I chose INTJ because they have that Ni function that makes them seem so magical and mysterious as well as their intense focus of psychic energy not to mention that they will one day rule the world due to their supreme Mastermind intellect so for me the question would be who would not want to be INTJ! Also the greatest fictional characters and the most powerful wizards ever are largely INTJs like for example Gandalf from Lord of the Rings or Merlin from Arthurian legends. Some people even say that the greatest scientists ever such as Newton and Tesla were INTJ.
    I've wished I was INTJ or ENTJ at times. Not so much for the take over the world thing but just because they appear more confident and get more things done compared to INTPs.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Anew Leaf

There are times I wish to be ENTJ because they have their Packages Packaged Together and All that.

But then I realize how glorious it is to be a fluffy white star swirling around on space wind eating frozen grapes, and I am reminded that I am exactly who I was created to be and therefore I am just right the way I am and I shouldn't wish to be something that I am not because it would be like putting on an outfit that doesn't quite fit and the one I have on is quite comfy and stuffed with the downy feathers of a bird that doesn't exist yet.

the end.