• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For those of you who still think I'm a 3w4

G

garbage

Huh. Maybe I should post stuff to compare/contrast with [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and prove or disprove his 3w4ness.

:popc1:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh. Maybe I should post stuff to compare/contrast with [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and prove or disprove his 3w4ness.

:popc1:

that's a good idea

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
- the steady and calm thing is learned, I used to be a total spaz (in fact, I got beat up for it lol)
- I'm too opinionated to to be a 9. there is nothing go with the flow about me (you would not have thought I was a 9 if you say me in high school, maybe 8w7 LOL)
- 9s deny their desires and preferences
- I'm WAYY too judgmental to be a 9 (hell, core 1 isn't completely out of the picture). if I'm a 9, I'm a 9 with a VERY strong 1 wing. the very thought of evil makes me seeth with anger
- I don't really relate at all to the links you posted
- I relate too much to Ne to be ISFP (if you were to have a conversation with me, you'd know what I meant, I don't shut up about various ideas and seemingly random contexts that I'm weaving into/comparing with what you're saying). just ask The Great One. we go Ne on each other for hours at a time. that said, I could see INFP with strong stress mode Te.
- Self Preservation 7s aren't nearly as spazzy, hyper and high energy as your typical 7 (which is probably a Social 7w6)
- 7w8s have a stronger connection to the gut center and have a more grounded, visceral presence to them.

for example:

Ryan Gosling: 7w8 Sp/Sx

Hugh Hefner: 7w8 Sp/Sx

also, the Sp dom description of type 7, from The Wisdom of the Enneagram

You are way too aggressive to be an enneagram 9 and you could give less of a damn about peace. Also, there is no way that you are an ISFP. You are Ne as hell, and you constantly use Te to back up your strong values. Unlike the ISFP that is often timid and doesn't stand up for their Fi values as much because they are Te last. You are clearly Ne<Fi<Te.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are way too aggressive to be an enneagram 9 and you could give less of a damn about peace. Also, there is no way that you are an ISFP. You are Ne as hell, and you constantly use Te to back up your strong values. Unlike the ISFP that is often timid and doesn't stand up for their Fi values as much because they are Te last. You are clearly Ne<Fi<Te.

I actually think I'm Fi>Ne>Te, but other than that, I agree with you =)

G

garbage

that's a good idea
Actually.. any ideas here? I'd gladly answer some comparison questions.

My plan was to record a video and compare it to yours, but my new video doesn't really seem to portray much 3ness.

edit: wait a minute. Some of the answers that I give in that video seem like somewhat 'warped' versions of yours--that we talk about some of the same stuff (experiences in the moment, etc.) but reach different conclusions about them. I don't know how many of my answers have to do with '3ness'.. but it's a point of comparison/contrastin' anyway.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually.. any ideas here? I'd gladly answer some comparison questions.
My plan was to record a video and compare it to yours, but my new video doesn't really seem to portray much 3ness.
edit: wait a minute. Some of the answers that I give in that video seem like somewhat 'warped' versions of yours--that we talk about some of the same stuff (experiences in the moment, etc.) but reach different conclusions about them. I don't know how many of my answers have to do with '3ness'.. but it's a point of comparison/contrastin' anyway.

okay, try answering some of these questions
- what are you like at our absolute worst?
- what are you like at your best?
- what do you want? what's really important to you
- describe yourself now compared to during when you were a child and a teenager
....I'll try to think of more later

PS: I'd like to see video anyway

G

garbage

okay, try answering some of these questions
- what are you like at our absolute worst?
- what are you like at your best?
- what do you want? what's really important to you
- describe yourself now compared to during when you were a child and a teenager
....I'll try to think of more later

PS: I'd like to see video anyway
here you go

I'll answer those questions soon--maybe another video's the best form. The video probably answers that third question pretty well, too.

Here's a preview: that last question is the most difficult for me to face.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
If you're still torn between 3 and 7, here are some interesting descriptions I found at another website:

3:
Maladaptive Cognitive Schema: When THREES exaggerate their efficient qualities, they over-identify with the idealized self image of I am successful. To compensate for their maladaptive belief that they are failures and will be rejected, they become over-programmed, overly efficient, and can become workaholics.

Maladaptive Emotional Schema: Perceiving themselves as successful entrepreneurs, THREES believe they are above normal protocols and are not constrained by the laws and conventions that others live by. They deceive themselves and others into believing how successful they are. Their energy goes into their image, their public self, and the persona they think others want them to be. Over identifying with their roles and projects, they convince themselves this is who they really are.

Maladaptive Behavioral Schemas: Perceiving the world as disorganized, and presenting themselves as efficiency experts, THREES become workaholics, falling into Type A behavior, driven to succeed and climb the ladder of status and prestige. It’s hard for THREES to stay with their own feelings, desires, and preferences. It’s important to them to look good not to feel good. Work takes precedence over self. It’s conflictual for THREES to do something unpopular, to espouse values that get unfavorable audience response. They are pragmatists. The end justifies the means. If it works, it’s good.

What is Avoided: Since they strive to be successful, THREES avoid failure. They don’t undertake projects unless they sense they can complete them. Their motto is: In life there are no failures, only learning experiences.

Defensive Maneuvers: THREES avoid failure by identification with their successful image, role, and projects. They change appearances, careers, interests in a chameleon-like manner to keep up with whatever image is currently popular.

7:

Maladaptive Cognitive Schema: When SEVENS exaggerate their joyful qualities, they over-identify with the idealized self image of I am O.K. To compensate for a maladaptive belief that their options are limited and they are on the verge of being bored or depressed, they overindulge the pleasure principle, seeking to maximize enjoyment and minimize pain. They dislike having their options limited by the reality principle that says they must accommodate to what is and occasionally do what they have to do vs only doing what they want to do. They become compulsively optimistic, seeing the world through rose-colored glasses. They become addicted to highs and only want to have good experiences. By staying up, SEVENS try to avoid every feeling down.

Maladaptive Emotional Schema: By believing they must stay above and ahead of pain, SEVENS experience the passion of gluttony, if a little pleasure is good, more enjoyment is better. SEVENS develop a hedonistic approach to life seeking to spice up their life by having ever more interesting and exciting experiences. They opt for a fun-filled if not a fulfilled life.

Maladaptive Behavioral Schema: Perceiving the world as their oyster and fostering a glutinous life style, SEVENS are driven to make things more exciting and fun. They overindulge their imaginations, coming up with fantastic schemes and plans. They keep proposing new options and possibilities. They find it difficult to stay with one project or relationship for a long period of time. They may flit from one interest to another, filling their lives with fluff.

What is Avoided: Because they are trying hard to be happy, SEVENS avoid experiencing or expressing any pain or suffering. When something or someone ceases to be fun, SEVENS may drop them and move on to more novel adventures. They get nervous when they only have one thing to attend to or only have one option available. They don’t believe any good can come from quiet and darkness and instead seek distractions and light, whether it be light-hearted or light-headed. They avoid getting too heavy or serious.

Defensive Maneuvers: SEVENS avoid suffering and pain through sublimation. They program their computers for pleasant experiences and nothing computes or reaches them that’s not nice. They look for the silver lining in dark clouds and make sure everything comes up roses. Like alchemists, SEVENS turn dross materials and drab circumstances into precious experiences and happenings. Even death becomes an interesting trip.