User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 23

  1. #1
    Junior Member patricia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default ENTP/ESFP/ENFP/ESTP, or something else?

    Well.

    Most of the time I type as ENFP, and I was totally happy with that, but I don't really relate with other ENFP's. ESFP sounds like me too, but I'm not really THAT outgoing as ESFP's are supposed to be. I have also been typed as ESTP and ENTP, but I really don't know! I need help!

    Extroversion/Introversion


    So. I'm a people-person, that's for sure. I love people, and I get my energy from people. I love meeting new people, and I'm always happy and energized after a social gathering. I can be pretty picky about people, though. I hate being alone! I'm sure I'm an extrovert.

    Sensing/Intuition

    I'm pretty future-focused, and I'm always daydreaming. But I can be very realistic and rational, but in the other hand, I don't really "live on the present". I have pretty much my own fantasy worlds in my head, and I imagine my life as a movie or as a book. So yeah, I pretty much live in my own head and imagination. I'm idealistic, but then again, I'm very practical. I love making lists - they are just so pretty! I learn by doing, I pretty much don't get anything if someone just tells me how to do it; I have to do it myself. I guess I could say that I'm a pretty 'deep' person, and I have a side that I don't really show to others. For example, I'm pretty artistic, but I really don't like showing that side to others. It's just too personal. And I'm more into the big picture than details.

    Thinking/Feeling

    This is a hard one. I value intelligence, but I don't see myself as an intelligent person. I really don't know which one rules me - my heart or my head. I'm super honest, and if someone asks my opinion on something, I will just tell it without thinking. I mean, I'm not really emotional about it. I'm logical, but I'm also very driven by emotion. I love big emotions, like passion and lust and sadness and everything like that, and I have to feel something BIG all the time. I really don't feel comfortable with just average, mild feelings - I'm either very angry or the happiest person in the world. I'm a pretty warm person though, and I can be very considerative. This is so complicated! I also don't dislike conflict - I like arguing.

    Judging/Perceiving

    I'm pretty sure I'm a perceiver. I'm pretty disorganized, care-free, spontaneous and I really don't like routine. I'm good at starting things, but not so good at ending them. I like to keep my options open.

    Does this help at all? Feel free to ask questions, etc.! I really don't know what could be relevant and what not.

  2. #2
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Hmm... it wasn't enough info to say with certainty, but I lean to ExFP. But here's a few random questions:

    - What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
    - Imagine you're working on a group project, and someone in the group wasn't pulling his or her weight. How would you feel/react?
    - Imagine a friend is going through a rough situation similar to something you've been through. How would you feel/react?
    - Imagine two friends (one of which you happened to be closer with) are having a dispute over something you think is silly. How would you feel/react? Would you get involved? Would you have a tendency to side with the friend you're closer to or would you feel pretty unbiased?
    - Now imagine a whole group of friends are having disagreement with one of your closer friends (one against many). How would you feel/react?
    - You said you dream about the future a lot. When you're trying to predict an outcome of a situation, do you tend to imagine all of the different possibilities at once, or do you tend imagine a "most likely" scenario and focus on that?


    Keep in mind, these are just random questions. I want to hear your reasoning more than your answer
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    127

    Default

    ENFP, imo...

  4. #4
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    EXFP with info given, if i had to guess, but eally it's not so much to go on.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  5. #5
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricia View Post
    I hate being alone!
    While a lot of what you say could apply to ENFPs...I almost want to rule out ENFP on this statement alone as this would be an unusual thing for an ENFP to say. Even the most extroverted ENFPs seem to love spending incredible amounts of time alone. But if you do eventually settle on ENFP...it would just mean you were exceptional in that regard.

  6. #6
    Junior Member patricia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Hmm... it wasn't enough info to say with certainty, but I lean to ExFP. But here's a few random questions:

    - What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
    - Imagine you're working on a group project, and someone in the group wasn't pulling his or her weight. How would you feel/react?
    - Imagine a friend is going through a rough situation similar to something you've been through. How would you feel/react?
    - Imagine two friends (one of which you happened to be closer with) are having a dispute over something you think is silly. How would you feel/react? Would you get involved? Would you have a tendency to side with the friend you're closer to or would you feel pretty unbiased?
    - Now imagine a whole group of friends are having disagreement with one of your closer friends (one against many). How would you feel/react?
    - You said you dream about the future a lot. When you're trying to predict an outcome of a situation, do you tend to imagine all of the different possibilities at once, or do you tend imagine a "most likely" scenario and focus on that?


    Keep in mind, these are just random questions. I want to hear your reasoning more than your answer
    - Hmm. To be honest, I'm pretty good at making people feel special - I know how to pull the right strings, and I don't know... I'm know how to manipulate people not saying it's a good thing, but it just comes naturally to me. I know how to make people feel good about themselves. My weaknesses... Hmm. I'm a debater, that's for sure. I have strong opinions.
    - I would probably feel annoyed. I would just tell them to do what they are required to do, and not care if they got mad or something.
    - I would just try to make my friend feel better, probably buy her/him a bottle of red wine. Haha. I would just try to do everything I can to make him/her feel better.
    - I wouldn't get involved if I thought it was just something silly. I would feel unbiased - I almost never take sides.
    - If it was just something silly, I would probably ask everyone why they are having the dissagreement. I hate situations like that! I would probably try to spend more time with my closer friend, just that he/she wouldn't feel left out. But again, I wouldn't take sides.
    - Hard one! I really don't know... Probably the "most likely" scenario. I might think about other possibilities too, but not that much. I just go with the flow!

    Not sure if this helped at all I'm tired!

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry
    While a lot of what you say could apply to ENFPs...I almost want to rule out ENFP on this statement alone as this would be an unusual thing for an ENFP to say. Even the most extroverted ENFPs seem to love spending incredible amounts of time alone. But if you do eventually settle on ENFP...it would just mean you were exceptional in that regard.
    Yeah, I have heard about that! If I'm really stressed, I usually want to be alone. I become very withdrawn and everything if I'm stressed.

  7. #7
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Oh ok, sounds pretty ESFP from latest info. The go with the flow, getting annoyed at people not pulling their weight and telling them that straight out and also the 'most likely scenario' option.

    It is hard to tell and only you know how you process information but from the description i'm going with ESFP. Which is pretty cool, we do not have many around these parts.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  8. #8
    Junior Member patricia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Oh ok, sounds pretty ESFP from latest info. The go with the flow, getting annoyed at people not pulling their weight and telling them that straight out and also the 'most likely scenario' option.

    It is hard to tell and only you know how you process information but from the description i'm going with ESFP. Which is pretty cool, we do not have many around these parts.
    Yeah, I could be an ESFP, but to be honest, I'm really confused! I just don't understand cognitive functions!

    I just did an Enneagram test, and I scored as 7w8. I read that 7's are usually seen as sensors, so is it possible to be an ENFP and 7w8? Maybe I'm an ENFP and 7w8, and that's why I may seem as sensor?

  9. #9
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    My initial reaction yesterday after you posted was esfp but didn't feel like I had enough to go on...but I'll throw it out there anyway.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #10
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricia View Post
    Yeah, I could be an ESFP, but to be honest, I'm really confused! I just don't understand cognitive functions!

    I just did an Enneagram test, and I scored as 7w8. I read that 7's are usually seen as sensors, so is it possible to be an ENFP and 7w8? Maybe I'm an ENFP and 7w8, and that's why I may seem as sensor?
    Plenty ENFP 7's around.

    When you look at a busy road in a city what do you see, feel, think about first, second, third?

    The main difference between ENFP's and ESFP's is their dominant function. ENFP lead with Ne (extroverted intuition) whereas ESFP lead with Se (extroverted sensing). Both types then have Fi and Te so they can appear similar. The lead function difference is in the way they take in information.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Similar Threads

  1. ENFP? INFP? Or something else entirely?!
    By hipsterpeterpan in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 06:13 PM
  2. Type me??? ENTP or ESTP? Maybe something else ^^
    By leejung in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 05:34 PM
  3. ENTP or INTP? Or something else?
    By pseudoku in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 09:03 AM
  4. ENTP or something else?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 11:01 PM
  5. INTP, ENTP, or something else???
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 02:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO