User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Plenty ENFP 7's around.

When you look at a busy road in a city what do you see, feel, think about first, second, third?

The main difference between ENFP's and ESFP's is their dominant function. ENFP lead with Ne (extroverted intuition) whereas ESFP lead with Se (extroverted sensing). Both types then have Fi and Te so they can appear similar. The lead function difference is in the way they take in information.
    Yeah, I thought so!

I really don't know. Probably the first thing that I will notice is just the feeling, it's kind of hard to explain. Like if the street looks warm, cold or something. My second reaction would probably be "Hey, this reminds me of that movie!", and then I would be lost in my racing thoughts, like "I wonder if it's gonna rain, rain is nice. But cold, cold is not cool. I wonder how polar bears adapt? Like in Lost, why the hell are there polar bears in Lost?". This is actually what I was thinking when I looked outside my window couple of seconds ago, haha!

But to be honest, I don't really think that I'm an ESFP. I don't really live on the present, and it just doesn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia View Post
    Yeah, I thought so!

I really don't know. Probably the first thing that I will notice is just the feeling, it's kind of hard to explain. Like if the street looks warm, cold or something. My second reaction would probably be "Hey, this reminds me of that movie!", and then I would be lost in my racing thoughts, like "I wonder if it's gonna rain, rain is nice. But cold, cold is not cool. I wonder how polar bears adapt? Like in Lost, why the hell are there polar bears in Lost?". This is actually what I was thinking when I looked outside my window couple of seconds ago, haha!

But to be honest, I don't really think that I'm an ESFP. I don't really live on the present, and it just doesn't feel right.
    Regardless of whether or not you are ENFP or ESFP...what you describe above is very ESFPish in my mind. (just thought I would throw that out there).

Oh and...while there are no hard and fast rules...I think it is more likely for an ESFP to be a 7w8 than it is for an ENFP (again just for your consideration).

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Regardless of whether or not you are ENFP or ESFP...what you describe above is very ESFPish in my mind. (just thought I would throw that out there).

Oh and...while there are no hard and fast rules...I think it is more likely for an ESFP to be a 7w8 than it is for an ENFP (again just for your consideration).
    I'm inclined to agree with you starry, the explanations also seem very ESFP from my perspective.

I get that there are tangents but the whole feel of it is very ESFP...i re-read the op and something struck me about the need to emphasize everything having to be BIG.

Anyhoo, i'm not an authority on this...it's just the vibe i get.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

You seem ESFP to me. You seem engaging, and very present/tangible/real, in how you convey yourself in words. You just seem very solid to me, forthright in what you say and who you are, matter-of-fact, which isn't a sense I get from many ENFP posts/communications.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

What I have heard and read is that ENFP's usually score as 4's, 2's and 7's.

But to be honest, this is all so confusing. Everytime I take the MBTI test, I score as ENFP, but people usually tell me I'm more like an ESFP. And my very close friend said that I'm more like an ENTP. I don't even know which one I relate to more - it really just changes a lot. ENTP sounds like me on a good day. I actually relate more to ENTP than ESFP. Gahhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you starry, the explanations also seem very ESFP from my perspective.

I get that there are tangents but the whole feel of it is very ESFP...i re-read the op and something struck me about the need to emphasize everything having to be BIG.

Anyhoo, i'm not an authority on this...it's just the vibe i get.
    haha. I thought about providing an example of what I think about when I look at a busy street for comparision...but then I thought it was probably best to keep the crazy to myself haha!!! But at the very least I can say that I would never think about whether or not something was cold or wet or what weather is preferable and it has been to my detriment. I do not exaggerate when I say that it is unsafe for me to even walk busy streets for fear I will get hit by a car or fall down a man-hole or something.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    You seem ESFP to me. You seem engaging, and very present/tangible/real, in how you convey yourself in words. You just seem very solid to me, forthright in what you say and who you are, matter-of-fact, which isn't a sense I get from many ENFP posts/communications.
    What do you mean by solid? Because I don't see myself as solid at all!

haha. I thought about providing an example of what I think about when I look at a busy street for comparision...but then I thought it was probably best to keep the crazy to myself haha!!! But at the very least I can say that I would never think about whether or not something was cold or wet or what weather is preferable and it has been to my detriment. I do not exaggerate when I say that it is unsafe for me to even walk busy streets for fear I will get hit by a car or fall down a man-hole or something.
    I really didn't mean the weather when I thought if it was cold or warm I really just can't put it into words.

Double post, how delightful!

Quote Originally Posted by patricia View Post
    What I have heard and read is that ENFP's usually score as 4's, 2's and 7's.

But to be honest, this is all so confusing. Everytime I take the MBTI test, I score as ENFP, but people usually tell me I'm more like an ESFP. And my very close friend said that I'm more like an ENTP. I don't even know which one I relate to more - it really just changes a lot. ENTP sounds like me on a good day. I actually relate more to ENTP than ESFP. Gahhhhhhhhh
    Correct with regards to enneagram placement. But ENFPs are more often 7w6...with ESFP and EXTP as 7w8. I need to rush off now...but I'll come back and look at the second part of your message in a bit.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I seem to be better when i am on my own on busy roads though i have had several near DOA RTA's ... i have a tendancy to be looking in the wrong direction or not be able to make up my mind when to cross and also can get a little dazzled judging the distance and speed of an approaching car/bus/reindeer. Honestly i'd prefer to take the longer scenic route and avoid roads altogether.

EDIT: I have not actually had any accidents (well except one) just quite a few close calls...which could have been curtains.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"