User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    Member Arkigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    Sorry that's me rambling. And going on a random bus ride, following the 'signs' and loving where life will guide me to.

    deconstructing perceptions and reinterpreting them based on their real value is something I do when I'm stressed out. I'm a dreamer, I always get lost and I wake up to someone yelling in my face for not paying attention to reality. I'm really shy at times, and so self conscious but sometimes some people make me realize something and it turns out I wasn't being as self-conscious as I should have been (this can happen when I chase the moment). I dunno man it's like I'm drifting between two separate worlds constantly. Neither of which is letting me in. I have dreams of all sorts of things. One peculiar thing I dream about when listening to music is that I'm onstage singing, and expressing myself. Is that ISFP or what? ... i dunno.
    I won't address everything directly... but your list of ISFP traits was spot on but I'd say your list of INFP traits were either stereotypes or actually just IxFP traits.

    I am sure you are an ISFP but I have learned to never really try to type an ISFP because most ISFPs can be described as a "greased fox on a slip-n-slide" when it comes to definitions or categorizations. I'll let you live in your world of interpretations and reconsiderations and deconstructions because THAT IS YOUR GIFT.

    Instead of dwelling on the specifics can I just suggest you really work on developing your poetry and art. It's very clear from your posts that your mind lives in a very interpretive place and while that can be very difficult for you it can also be a great gift. Your forum reply was one step away from real poetry. I very much suggest you write poetry, songs, art in any medium... just CREATE. If you are an ISFP, your functions are like planets aligned to make you a creator of art (which takes many forms). Develop that.. own it. Even if you an INFP this is true.

    As I read what you wrote I kept thinking... this person has to be a poet/artist of some kind.... it's just a matter of finding your medium. I'd love to see what you are able to create.

    arkigos = {
    mbti_type: INTP,
    cog_funcs: INTP.get_cog_funcs(),
    political_slogan: 'The INTP .... who cares!',
    influences: ['Socrates', 'Jesus', 'Descartes', 'John Stuart Mill', 'Kurt Cobain'],
    interests: ['History', 'Programming', 'Philosophy', 'Typing', 'Advocacy of the Devil'],
    alignment: neutral_good,
    }

  2. #12
    Senior Member flameskull95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    I won't address everything directly... but your list of ISFP traits was spot on but I'd say your list of INFP traits were either stereotypes or actually just IxFP traits.

    I am sure you are an ISFP but I have learned to never really try to type an ISFP because most ISFPs can be described as a "greased fox on a slip-n-slide" when it comes to definitions or categorizations. I'll let you live in your world of interpretations and reconsiderations and deconstructions because THAT IS YOUR GIFT.

    Instead of dwelling on the specifics can I just suggest you really work on developing your poetry and art. It's very clear from your posts that your mind lives in a very interpretive place and while that can be very difficult for you it can also be a great gift. Your forum reply was one step away from real poetry. I very much suggest you write poetry, songs, art in any medium... just CREATE. If you are an ISFP, your functions are like planets aligned to make you a creator of art (which takes many forms). Develop that.. own it. Even if you an INFP this is true.

    As I read what you wrote I kept thinking... this person has to be a poet/artist of some kind.... it's just a matter of finding your medium. I'd love to see what you are able to create.
    I love the part where you said my writing's like poetry.

    I tried using my Se today tbh, I found a different and simple sort of comfort being in tune. The sad thing is at the end of the day I felt like I was just being very general with everything, and taking life as 'it is' felt really boring for me. Like, I don't know but deep down inside I resent it, with such great fervor. When I'm too in tune I feel like I'm ditching some part of me, almost as if I'm giving into external pressures, to a point where I don't even know who I am anymore once it's done.

    I read an article on Si, and that's what I felt I could relate to heavily, for example; every time I wrote out my experiences I was going "okay this may be useful for people, since they don't really actually know me, and this is as realworld I can get". Which directly points to ISFP I guess aha. But yeah I guess I've always been the one to deconstruct, and reconsider, and make my own changeable yet conclusive statements on things.

    Anyway, I will take you up on the poetry thanks for that . I've always heard poetry was for INFPs and music was for ISFPs. Tbh, I listen to music mainly to interpret, rather than just experience sounds. Like I know people like that, they also do a lot of sports, and I really resent how they can only look at 'what is' and just go on with their lives, without seeing the all the things they're leaving behind. I dunno, being INFP felt like I belonged as a socially awkward individual somewhere, but now that you've said ISFP, it actually feels much more like I'm only one of many of those people who just 'go on with their lives' and don't really care and just rebel for the sake of it or just waste their lives with false praise and it feels like I'm going to turn into one of them without even noticing. It feels very lonely. :/ sorry to be a hassle.


    ps - i have a feeling you maybe interpreting (if i am an infp that is) my Fi-Si loop, as being 'concise' with realistic detail.
    "ISFPs often can't assign any real meaning to a theoretical ideal until they're right in the middle of an actual situation that makes it real for them. When asked, "How would you feel if xyz happened?", often the ISFP answer is, "I don't know--it's never happened and it's not happening now. So who cares?"". I'm also very self-deprecating and deep (what people practically know me for at times).. and I would find it thrilling to express ideas around why/how xyz happened. + I'm usually confronted by reality when I have all sorts of ideals, and then i tense up and become negative/rebellious. Not that I can't predict what a situation would theoretically be like. I love abstract more than practical. Like for example, I always need to find meaning behind poetry to see it's worth. And I have really complicated stressed philosophical ideals/ideas that i don't think much ISFPs would find comfort in . :/ tbh...
    Last edited by flameskull95; 10-23-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: isfp info
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

    I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

    Feeling FiNe

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    And I have really complicated stressed philosophical ideals/ideas that i don't think much ISFPs would find comfort in . :/ tbh...
    Only when you obliterate from your mind judgments as ignorant and stereotypical as these will you finally be able to find your true personality. Personally I am inclined to think that @Arkigos was right about you being ISFP. I would even speculate that ISxPs could be far more philosophical than many of the ENxx types. Just look at my signature if you want to see some indulgence in some fun philosophy and if I can and you can so can everyone else. Of course though your typing decision ultimately rests in your hands so I won't go on for too long.

    edit - The more I think about it I'm starting to think the ISFP judgment may be off base as you don't strike me as particularly cool or dynamic like most SPs so perhaps INFP really is your type. Don't take my word for it too seriously though as I don't even have a definitive conclusion on my own type.

  4. #14
    Senior Member flameskull95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Only when you obliterate from your mind judgments as ignorant and stereotypical as these will you finally be able to find your true personality. Personally I am inclined to think that @Arkigos was right about you being ISFP. I would even speculate that ISxPs could be far more philosophical than many of the ENxx types. Just look at my signature if you want to see some indulgence in some fun philosophy and if I can and you can so can everyone else. Of course though your typing decision ultimately rests in your hands so I won't go on for too long.

    edit - The more I think about it I'm starting to think the ISFP judgment may be off base as you don't strike me as particularly cool or dynamic like most SPs so perhaps INFP really is your type. Don't take my word for it too seriously though as I don't even have a definitive conclusion on my own type.
    It may be something like a tertiary loop. And that's very true. Would you assign that trait to being 'unhealthy' because if it is unhealthy than I'm in some sort of tertiary loop right? What I meant by the philosophical ideas thing is that I always see ISFP info on how they never see the point to seeing the face behind or the possibilities. While I never see the point in seeing 'what is', i find more comfort in 'what was'. That's why I always write in Si past experiences mode when I list all this negative stuff that my character has accumulated.

    Other than that, using Se and accepting that my environment for all its detail, gives me this sort of headache and I feel really emotionally uncomfortable. It doesn't feel right knowing I'm an ISFP at all. I sure loosen up, and get out of that 'ISTJ' mode that I'm usually in (to an acute degree) though it never feels like I'm comfortable in that skin.

    Yeah, I know how stereotypical that is, I try to be very accepting of people (even overly try - according to others). Though, if you're saying I'm one thing, the only evidence I have to back it up with is who I was in my past. It feels like you're threatening my character for some reason because all this time I thought I was INFP and it felt as though I belonged as a person.

    So which do you think ISFP or INFP? I don't feel comfortable as an Se-user. The ways I convey myself never feel genuine. Looking back at what I write can give me better insight than before.

    edit - I don't know why but I think I've been very prejudiced lately, like you said, and I've noticed that when I start to imagine all the ways that other people are similar and equal (and those thoughts that I would have at first thought obvious), things look clearer. And they are now beginning to alleviate a lot of stress for some reason. The more of that type of stress gets alleviated I actually feel more inclined to consider everything more as I want of it, rather than what it is. Like I feel iNtuition break through, as odd as that may sound...
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

    I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

    Feeling FiNe

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Based on the above information you have just given us in responce to all of the earlier quotes if what you said is true I'm inclined to think that you are indeed INFP.

    Here's why. For one I don't see you as being in an unhealthy loop. Such explanations have been used in the past to label me as an ISTP in a TiNi loop in a failed effort to justify why a sensor could come across as intuitive even though they supposedly aren't one. Also this lack of awareness you mention combined with a focus on history is Si for sure rather than Se. And yes I can relate to your fascination with what was as it always seems that in the past a certain ideal state existed that we wish to bring back into realization though the closest we can get to that is to reimagine it. My last point is just like a said before that you may not be say normal enough or blend in well enough with the crowd to be SP as I know they can follow the stupid multitudes like insects without question or deviation whereas you say you just detach yourself from all of this and withdraw into your dreams. Your reference point seems far more imaginative than realistic from what I have gathered so like I said at the start of this quote if I had to choose right now it would be INFP.

  6. #16
    Senior Member flameskull95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Based on the above information you have just given us in responce to all of the earlier quotes if what you said is true I'm inclined to think that you are indeed INFP.

    Here's why. For one I don't see you as being in an unhealthy loop. Such explanations have been used in the past to label me as an ISTP in a TiNi loop in a failed effort to justify why a sensor could come across as intuitive even though they supposedly aren't one. Also this lack of awareness you mention combined with a focus on history is Si for sure rather than Se. And yes I can relate to your fascination with what was as it always seems that in the past a certain ideal state existed that we wish to bring back into realization though the closest we can get to that is to reimagine it. My last point is just like a said before that you may not be say normal enough or blend in well enough with the crowd to be SP as I know they can follow the stupid multitudes like insects without question or deviation whereas you say you just detach yourself from all of this and withdraw into your dreams. Your reference point seems far more imaginative than realistic from what I have gathered so like I said at the start of this quote if I had to choose right now it would be INFP.
    That's really interesting. I don't feel like an ISFP type at all, I can just tell, from the information on function description and how they're explained. Maybe I'm in an Fi-Si loop? Old feelings attached to the past that bring about past experiences to the forefront, pretending they are Ne.

    I'm glad to hear that... I have detached myself, and sometimes when I think I'm paying attention, I have a sensor point out something that was right under my nose the whole time (and it's usually a detail that changes everything...). I always question my type at times, when I get new data at least... so that's maybe INFP as well.

    To be honest, I'm lucky if I blend in. . I've always been called a 'smartass' by people who try to insult me, because I can turn their words back on them, without any real intellect .

    I think there is a sort of mysticism in the past, but I guess I have to come to terms with the mysticism of the future, other people, other people's perspectives. I haven't been doing this recently, but I reckon I did this a fair bit, a while ago, and I think this is why I'm in an Fi-Si loop.

    Thank you for your awesome analysis as well.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

    I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

    Feeling FiNe

Similar Threads

  1. Am I an INFP or INFJ?
    By Hinastarr in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2015, 12:16 PM
  2. Am I an INFP or ISFP?
    By pretendboats in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 12:22 AM
  3. Socionics: Am I an INFp or INFj?
    By INFPtheQuietOne in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 09:06 PM
  4. Am I an INFP or an ISFJ?
    By pureheart9 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 02:03 AM
  5. Am I an INFP or an INFJ?
    By Kaveri in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 04:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO