User Tag List

12311 Last

Default So what type am I?

First and foremost - feel free to ask any questions.

I have always thought I am INTP, liked ENTPs, wanted to be INTJ, thought ENTJs are stupid. Reasons, respectively: Personality tests said so; they are fun, deduced from the movie character "Iron Man"; they achieve something; in the movies they are presented as those spitting fat guys, cleaning sweat from their foreheads and ordering everyone around to do everything. However, I have investigated more about the types recently, and I've found out that my information about the types wasn't all that well presented, including INTPs. I am even in doubt of what type I am!

I think this problem is partly here because I haven't had much experience yet. I'm 21, all I did was finish high-school. I don't have a job because they job market can offer me jobs like carrying crates or working the cash register in a supermarket and I'm not up for that. I didn't go to college because we had no money to pay for it. I didn't do good in school because I wasn't interested in the out-dated, non-English and pointless subjects presented there, I might have spend 8 hours studying throughout 12 years of school, I haven't ever read a book appointed by the literature class, I have also skipped school quite a lot, especially in latter grades. In short, my grades were either very low or very high, rarely I got something in the middle, and so my end result was very average, which meant me not getting free scholarship. Most people in my city are either emotionally-driven, tradition and respect-driven or elitists (you have no money, you're inferior to us). The latter is relatively rare. I also do not like partying, getting drunk, using drugs, so I have almost nothing in common with most people and I haven't found a friend or a bunch of friends with whom I would have something in common. I wouldn't mind hanging out with a bunch of people if I was in a good physical shape to confront their irrational thinking and get into rationally driven arguments with them, but I like my health too much, considering most people are rather athletic and primal. What I wanted to say is that I have little experience interacting with people, however I do have imagination and I'm able to determine what would be the most likely scenario. I can also relate to movies, therefore I will be relating to situations portrayed in various movies when describing myself.

So! Now that we have cleared the basis of my description, let's get to the actual description, shall we?

I am generally nice to people when they are nice to me (post office worker, when asking questions and all), a clerk at a coffee store when buying coffee, etc.. However, I can't stand when someone is directing something illogical or irrational towards me, enforcing an opinion, making a decision that involves me, telling me to do something, etc.. I question those things, I often am sarcastic and very argumentative. Sometimes I switch sides to have fun and see if the person notices and what he would say, and I win the argument 99% of the time, even if I may not know much about the subject (this is a real life experience). If interacting with someone unknown and the approach is nice, I may even appear a little nicer version of Iron Man. When I was younger and I knew the people I was talking to (I was VERY shy, my parents didn't expose me to any kids for their ESFJ-based reasons), people used to say that I "don't look for words in my pocket," which I think means that I can talk my way out of anything, with which I do agree based on the little experience I had.

I view the world very logically, I do not run it through any value systems or emotions in my mind, I just view it realistically. In situations requiring judgement, I consider all the possibilities; while unrealistic possibilities come to my mind, I do think and decline them realizing that that is an unlikely outcome. When I'm exposed to a new situation, I make a judgement when I receive the first very few facts and then tailor it according to the information flow that I get from the unraveling events; my judgement is dynamic, although it is often correct before I gather all that additional information.

I have mentioned that I do not like parties, getting drunk, using drugs, I also don't like sports or any physical activity. I have also mentioned that I dislike people making decisions under the influence of tradition and strict rules or emotion, as I like rationality. I can talk to them, but I get annoyed rather quickly by their lack of logic. I don't know if that means that I'm an introvert, because I do not mind talking to people with similar interests. In fact, I absolutely love sharing my opinion and the flow of various possibilities I get to my mind. When I was in highschool, I used to sometimes hang out with this ExFx guy. He got a new job as a night shift clerk and I went to check it out, I was bored because my PC was slow and I couldn't do what required resources, and that was what i wanted to do at the moment. I was also surprised that he got the job, as he's a pothead who's moto is "have fun, die young." After I arrived, I have spend probably around 3 hours talking, non-stop, about various stuff, software, future of the computers, world war 2, apocalypse, light future, some movie, games, hardware, you name it. He barely opened his mouth, and he looked interested, as I was shooting creative and unique (at least to me) ideas. I stopped when he was falling asleep because it's a nightshift and it's his first day. I probably would've talked for another 2 hours. I also would like to talk to a group of people about things like that (intellectual conversations, theorizing, etc.), or maybe even in front of an audience.

This is my ideal future: an interactive big house in which I can fit a lot of stuff, including a server room; a quality car that i like; a bunch of computers, hardware and other stuff like that; a job that makes my ideas see the world, like a software company or a video game company where I could manage the team and make sure that what they are doing is the software or game how I want it to look like in a non-despotic way how people seem to say most companies are managing such things; either no girlfriend (not wife!) or a girlfriend who completely understands me and doesn't do illogical things, but also can respond when I'm talking to her in a somewhat minorily emotional way; no pets; enough money to buy what I want; no travels; possibly funding some big project or working as a side-project on one myself (that I am interested in, not that benefits the humanity).

I see myself as brutally honest (unless there is serious consequences, like getting hit in the face) guy, who has very high yet realistic standards. Someone who has a lot of ideas and is motivated by the need to get them out of his head to the real world. Someone who is nice as long as people are not being irrational or stupid. Someone who prefers being sarcastic and likes irony but knows the limits and mostly predicts actions of the others in certain situations. Someone who is able to see things in both light and dark sight, with great analytical skills. Someone with little friends due to the differences of logic/emotion/tradition. Someone who likes arguing and winning the arguments. Someone who likes talking about his ideas and both realistic and unrealistic (utopian and chaotic, apocalyptic) possibilities. Someone who could manipulate someone to benefit himself if needs be, however prefers to be honest. Someone who respects individuality and strives for freedom (not answering to someone else or rules). Someone who likes figuring things out. Someone who likes change and is open to new ideas.

My ultimate life goal is to satisfy my needs, which is equivalent to live an interesting life.

I guess I covered enough, though I am confident that I have missed quite a few things.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

This whole low conscientousness thing combined with the whole think about all the different possibilities thing seems like xNTP to me probably since you are not fond of authority and you did say you like arguing but idk.

Try asking some of the INTPs and ENTPs on the forum if they relate to your story. I can link you to some of the ones on my friends list if you want me to.

INTPs are also more likely to confuse themselves for INTJs than vice versa as INTJs are more self assured and confident in their convictions so I think INTJ is off the list for you but of course I could be wrong.

edit - btw I am also a likely INTP though some say ENTP or ISTP so if you relate to my posting style that would further augment the possibility of you being one of those types.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Try asking some of the INTPs and ENTPs on the forum if they relate to your story. I can link you to some of the ones on my friends list if you want me to.
    Yea, that would be good, I'd like to see if they can relate to me, perhaps would ask some questions o be sure to, etc..

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Fluffywolf - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...luffywolf.html
    jontherobot - ENTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ntherobot.html
    Mal+ - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/mal-.html
    Rasofy - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rs/rasofy.html
    Riva - ENTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/riva.html
    SuchIrony - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...suchirony.html
    The Great One - ENTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...great-one.html
    ZPowers - INTP - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...s/zpowers.html

Anyway those are all of the active NTPs on my friends list so go ahead and contact some of them if you want and/or look up their posting history to see if you relate to them as well as ask them if they relate to you. I hope that helps.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

You are so INTP, there's no doubt in my mind. You sound just like my husband on one of his not-so-good days.

Fluffywolf - he sometimes overuse words like "like, often, maybe," especially the word "like" is annoying to see in writing; he makes mistakes by skipping certain things in his text, which looks "different" to me. I've also noticed that he uses a lot of punctuation where he shouldn't. He also seems quite emotionally attached to people, caring about his brother and his girlfriend, only because he's his brother and she's his girlfriend. May not be "only," however that was his argument in one of his posts, but still, I wouldn't care about my brother's girlfriend nor my brother, unless we were real good friends and spending a lot of time together or he would be useful to me. He seems too caring about people in comparison to me; my dad's brother is in a hospital right now, waiting for the results if he has malicious cancer, and I don't care one bit. He has been involved a lot in our family affairs, he even lives close-by. Also, some of his posts are questioning how one should act, I never do that. I have my own opinion and I do what I want regardless of what others thing or say that I should do. I may, however, take an advice, but I will still tailor it into my original logical conclusion rather than using it as-is, and I am unlikely to ask for such in the first place.

jontherobot - I can relate to the shortness of his posts: sometimes, when I'm posting a question or something I want feedback on, etc., I want to create a short post, but in most places, short posts aren't appreciated and people start assuming various things. It can be a pain writing a long post about nothing, asking little questions and giving, what I see as implicit or unrelated, information. However, that isn't always the case, as you can see in this post - some posts require great detail to be explained to a far enough extend. This also means that some of his posts lack detail that I've expected before opening them. I also could relate to two of his posts, one saying that he has very detailed memory, another saying that he speed-reads what he sees as boring. I tend to speed-read more and more as of late, especially long and overly-detailed posts, especially if I'm looking for the point or the question he wants to ask.

Mal+ - Sometimes I find his posts a little overly-detailed. However, most of his posts I find significantly better than of the previous two authors.

Rasofy - He seems to be also asking for various advices on how to act or what to do in a certain situation. Once again, I can't relate to that, I prefer my own thoughts and my own personality, I don't ask people what I should do. In one of his posts about the irrationality of birthdays, he implies that he condones to all that nonsense, and yet he thinks it's irrational. That makes him a hypocrite, which I do not do. If I find something irrational, I skip doing it. I think the first time I've told my parents to not organize a birthday was when I was about 10 or so, as the money I was gifted was stolen and used to buy my clothes anyway and I used to get relatively good food. After that, I was organizing my birthday, because I had a bit more of personal possessions, hence I had a place to hide the money and I started getting lesser quality food. However, I never bring a present if I go to someone else's birthday: they have to invite me because I'm "family" anyway, therefore bringing a present is impractical and pointless, as I don't care what they think about me in the first place - the important thing is to get a lot of quality food. I also like how this guy categorizes his points with the help of "-."

Riva - First thought - he as a lot of questions. He has an Eminem quote in his signature, and I don't like Enminem, nor that quote: while it says that we shouldn't judge people by some criteria, it also says that you'll be nice to someone if he's nice to you; I wouldn't be nice to a religious nut, as nice as he may be to me with his nonsense. I find his numbered questions odd, however I have a similar approach when I want for my concrete questions to be answered. I noticed that sometimes he uses multiple question marks, which I find annoying, in any concept. I also dislike how he replies with a few simultaneous replies, after creating the initial thread for example. There's edit function if you are so rushed to click "post" for some reason...

SuchIrony - Firstly noticed the thread about "advantages of being ugly," it's a great idea for a thread, but I completely disagree with how she(?) looked at the whole thing. Seemed like she was trying to forcefully find it to make herself believe it, and even falsely assume a few illogical statements. Another thread about "will humans come to a dead-end," I didn't like how the points were presented, they were too lengthy and could've been much more straightforward. One more thread of her's, where she says that when people say that something is "so easy" that she finds difficult, insults her intelligence; I find this statement almost as annoying as I find a feeler not approving of logical reasoning. There's more threads that I have the "feely" feeling that I cannot relate to at all.

The Great One - "Hey people of TypoC, listen!", I find that annoying, pointless and stupid. First thought after seeing one of his posts. Second thought - I can't be religious, and he is only starting to question it, what is he, 10? I can't say much about him, though I've noticed that he's posting a lot about morals, regulations, somewhere even have mentioned that he needed someone to dictate them to him. I can't relate to that at all.

ZPowers - Seems to include unnecessary details, he did that in at least 2 threads from those that I've read. He sometimes uses extra terms, like "sort of" where they shouldn't be. Also in the thread "How to Express Sadness Without Selfishness" he seems to care significantly more than I can relate about other people. He also asks how he should act, which I disprove of, once again. Other than all that, his writing style is pretty close to Mal+'s.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My description wasn't very flattering, but in comparison to the others it was sort of fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Rasofy - He seems to be also asking for various advices on how to act or what to do in a certain situation. Once again, I can't relate to that, I prefer my own thoughts and my own personality
    You think I don't?

I don't ask people what I should do.
    Your life will get much easier once you get humble enough to recognize that there are people out there much more qualified than you to know how to deal with pretty much any given situation. Besides, when I ask questions I'm looking for good data to make my own conclusions.

In one of his posts about the irrationality of birthdays, he implies that he condones to all that nonsense, and yet he thinks it's irrational. That makes him a hypocrite, which I do not do. If I find something irrational, I skip doing it.I think the first time I've told my parents to not organize a birthday was when I was about 10 or so, as the money I was gifted was stolen and used to buy my clothes anyway and I used to get relatively good food.
    My parents have been paying everything so, despite the fact that I find parties boring, I get a lot of free gifts and some good food. Money is not an issue for them, and I know they would be offended if I told them I don't want more parties. Birthday parties have a lot of social value to them, and it's important for me to be a good son once in a while. That said, it is a rational choice for me to participate in.

However, I never bring a present if I go to someone else's birthday: they have to invite me because I'm "family" anyway, therefore bringing a present is impractical and pointless, as I don't care what they think about me in the first place - the important thing is to get a lot of quality food.
    You need to get rid of this cynic pragmatism and learn the pragmatic value of reciprocity. There's still time.

I also like how this guy categorizes his points with the help of "-."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Anyways, I'm able to recognize an INTP being inconvenient pretty easily, and I'm quite sure you're one.

Typoz - Often I find his posts tldr

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    My description wasn't very flattering, but in comparison to the others it was sort of fine.
    I like being honest.

You think I don't?

Your life will get much easier once you get humble enough to recognize that there are people out there much more qualified than you to know how to deal with pretty much any given situation. Besides, when I ask questions I'm looking for good data to make my own conclusions.
    In their way. There's always many ways to deal with any situation, constantly asking for advice; that I see as being unconfident. If you can solve a problem (decide) yourself, why ask others to solve it (make a decision) for you? Think for yourself for once.

My parents have been paying everything so, despite the fact that I find parties boring, I get a lot of free gifts and some good food. Money is not an issue for them, and I know they would be offended if I told them I don't want more parties. Birthday parties have a lot of social value to them, and it's important for me to be a good son once in a while. That said, it is a rational choice for me to participate in.
    Depends on what you need. I need individuality and freedom and I've described that well in the comment which you've quoted.

You need to get rid of this cynic pragmatism and learn the pragmatic value of reciprocity. There's still time.
    I see my actions in the given example as the most logically pragmatic; the outcome is the same either way, why inconvenience myself?

Swivelinglight: I've 20 posts here, but I see what you mean. The classification threads earlier were way too long.