User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I'm not just talking about your type-related question, but the general air of your post int his thread. Whatsmore I was brought here by reading your sig after reading another thread, at which point I thought "I bet he's INTP, let me verify that".

NTJ's are short, sharp and to the point. Even when they ask a question, they are very specific, and not speculative.
    So what you're saying that if I was an INTJ, I would've entitled it "am I an INTJ?" instead of "what's my type?"

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    So what you're saying that if I was an INTJ, I would've entitled it "am I an INTJ?" instead of "what's my type?"
    No I'm saying you would have a generally different writing style throughout the thread. Like I said NTJ's are efficient: short, sharp and to the point. My question to you: would you describe yourself that way?

I don't mean it in a bad way, society favors those traits but really, life as an xxTP is much better IMO. We just need to develop our Fe enough to trick society into letting us break its rules, then there's no stopping us!

No I'm saying you would have a generally different writing style throughout the thread. Like I said NTJ's are efficient: short, sharp and to the point. My question to you: would you describe yourself that way?

I don't mean it in a bad way, society favors those traits but really, life as an xxTP is much better IMO. We just need to develop our Fe enough to trick society into letting us break its rules, then there's no stopping us!
    You can trick the society with your T and N, Fe would mean caring, which means no tricking. Unless you're the evil Fe.

Anyway, could you give me a situation on which I would comment? I think I'd answer your question much better for you to understand that way.

MBTI
    xxTP

You can trick the society with your T and N, Fe would mean caring, which means no tricking. Unless you're the evil Fe.
    I don't think Fe means caring, it may just means understanding in order to "get along". At least that's how I see it

Anyway, could you give me a situation on which I would comment? I think I'd answer your question much better for you to understand that way.
    OK it was kind of a rhetorical question I'm sorry. From your posts here, I would say you're very specualtive, and have a relaxed, conversational style. I don't see you as at all NTJish here.

Of course maybe if you had to write a work email I'm sure you could be very "to the point". But is it your preferred style of communication? If so, why where are you writing so NTPish? Even by Page 7 you are still happilly, calmly, speculating about your type, second-guessing yourself, etc. An NTJ would hate to appear so unsure IMO.

I'm sorry man I don't know if I can help you more than this! I've given my two cents, all I can say is, I vote NTP, 100%. Hopefully other people can give you a better insight.

I don't think Fe means caring, it may just means understanding in order to "get along". At least that's how I see it
    I see it as caring or manipulation. You can understand with logical and intuitive deductions.

OK it was kind of a rhetorical question I'm sorry. From your posts here, I would say you're very specualtive, and have a relaxed, conversational style. I don't see you as at all NTJish here.

Of course maybe if you had to write a work email I'm sure you could be very "to the point". But is it your preferred style of communication? If so, why where are you writing so NTPish? Even by Page 7 you are still happilly, calmly, speculating about your type, second-guessing yourself, etc. An NTJ would hate to appear so unsure IMO.

I'm sorry man I don't know if I can help you more than this! I've given my two cents, all I can say is, I vote NTP, 100%. Hopefully other people can give you a better insight.
    I see. I like honesty, therefore I'm being honest that I do not know what my type is. I'm second-guessing myself because I haven't read tons of material on this subject, and I'm not going to, therefore someone who has may give me an insight. It's an implicit question to the people who have.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My thoughts: ENTJ, mostly because @Arkigos' posts convinced me.
    Addition to the ENTJ suggestion:

When people ask me for an advice, my main goal is not to give them an advice but to find out what they think for my personal curiosity. I don't tell them what to do, I ask questions. I genuinely don't care what they're gonna do. I may tell them what I'd do if I want to end the conversation and the person didn't get my last cue, but that's the closest I get to telling people how they should act... Assuming that their decision is not affecting me, if it does, depending on the situation, I may convince the person to act the way I want him to act.

I'm not sure if that's very ENTJ, or even if that's a J thing to do.
    That's incredibly Ni, and more T than F, in my opinion. Also, one of my INTJ friends does that to me sometimes; that style of manipulation for the sake of intellectual gain is something that I have seen almost exclusively out of NTJs.

Had a really good conversation with @Zarathustra a while ago about how NTJs are, in a sense, either never trolling, or constantly trolling, and I think that convo/concept could be beneficial to you -- though Zara would summarize it better than I.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

You seem like an INTP e9 to me, heavy on Ne.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My thoughts: ENTJ, mostly because @Arkigos' posts convinced me.

That's incredibly Ni, and more T than F, in my opinion. Also, one of my INTJ friends does that to me sometimes; that style of manipulation for the sake of intellectual gain is something that I have seen almost exclusively out of NTJs.

Had a really good conversation with @Zarathustra a while ago about how NTJs are, in a sense, either never trolling, or constantly trolling, and I think that convo/concept could be beneficial to you -- though Zara would summarize it better than I.
    Is that your roommate?

Anyway, I don't see this as manipulation. I don't ask questions to make him think about his actions to tailor his actions. I ask questions for him to think and tell me what he thinks. And when I want to convince him, I do it more directly, possibly giving reasons on why he should act this way. Although more than once I had to do some manipulation. Didn't enjoy it much (It's not self-expression and directness, which is what I like when communicating), but the end result was somewhat pleasing.

I wonder if @Zarathustra will comment on it. I don't believe I've seen this nickname before...

@skylights I've read the description of Enneagram 9 - I looked like this when I was reading most of the text: Those philosophical metaphors - I want direct stuff, I don't want to have anything to do with mysticism or... I can't even describe it properly in English.

I'm against all that spiritual nonsense, magic stuff, etc.... 9s seem the, in some way, spiritual types who often care about others. I'm definitely not a type 9.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Honestly, I don't know much/anything about you except that I've felt you've been posting too much lately.

I don't really care for new people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Honestly, I don't know much/anything about you except that I've felt you've been posting too much lately.

I don't really care for new people.
    Why too much, because I'm new?