User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by christicake View Post
    They are better off taking their time, focusing on mastery and precision, both of which come quite naturally to their Ti. Rather than trying to create something entirely new (e.g., a new “theory of everything”) with hopes of being recognized as an ingenious creator, INTPs are generally better suited for refining (Ti) or expanding upon (Ne) existing theories.
    lol. Patronizing much?
    Heaven knows no INTP has ever thought of anything original or paradigm-shifting.

And Darwin and Kant aren't good examples of anything other than chronic repression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    A bit too enthusiastic...for what?
    Saw it somewhere, little glimpse. May've appeared so without being so, as I've mentioned earlier.

http://personalityjunkie.com/intp-personal-growth/

Desire for Acclaim/Affirmation/Validation

As I’ve discussed elsewhere, Fe confers a strong desire for interpersonal affirmation and validation. While FJs tend to feel affirmed and validated in their routine interactions with people, INTPs have more difficulty connecting with others on the wavelength of feeling. Since their Fe is inferior, INTPs’ desire for affirmation can be more childlike and grandiose. They may be unsatisfied with a handful of others acknowledging their intelligence, but often desire something more. They may dream of doing something grand, something big, something that would bring them widespread affirmation.

While dreams and ambitions are not inherently bad, pursuing grandiose ideals is rarely in INTP’s best interests. As I’ve described elsewhere, this can lead them to rush through their work, devalue their relationships, and prevent them from savoring the journey of life. INTPs who are in a mad rush to prove themselves or produce something grandiose will invariably produce work of questionable quality, making it unlikely they will earn the affirmation they are seeking. They are better off taking their time, focusing on mastery and precision, both of which come quite naturally to their Ti. Rather than trying to create something entirely new (e.g., a new “theory of everything”) with hopes of being recognized as an ingenious creator, INTPs are generally better suited for refining (Ti) or expanding upon (Ne) existing theories. While rarely leading to quick fame, this approach allows INTPs to work more slowly and carefully (as T-dominants should), without a constant sense of time pressure. Only by working in this fashion will INTPs produce high-quality work that will stand the test of time. Both Darwin and Kant are good examples of theorists who displayed tremendous patience and methodicalness, delaying the publishing of their seminal works until later in life.

I like that site a lot, it has some interesting things to say about all the types. Not always the most flattering...
    I don't seek affirmation and I don't have the "need" for "the theory of everything." My need is simpler - I want to express my ideas about various things and be able to do whatever I want. The latter is equivalent to having a huge bank account; the former is equivalent to means like writing, giving public speeches, developing video games, software or movies. etc.. Possibly refining some ideas as well, in cases where I have an idea how to improve something. However, that wouldn't include expressing it for someone else to do it. I want to do everything myself to have control over it, and in the end, credit for doing it. However, not for public affirmation, but as something that I feel is "right" in regards to people taking others' ideas and claiming that it's their work.

As far as grandiose truths go, I would rather to read about it, or even better - speak directly to the discoverer/inventor and other scientists to see what it's based on and how valid it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Have you read any book descriptions of the types?
    Of course not. If I had, it is likely that I wouldn't be here, and if I was, I wouldn't have said that it's just a theory, I would've quoted a book. If that's why you're asking. If you're implying that I'm wrong, I'm not claiming to be right because I don't have extensive knowledge about the subject.

lol. Patronizing much?
    Heaven knows no INTP has ever thought of anything original or paradigm-shifting.

And Darwin and Kant aren't good examples of anything other than chronic repression.
    Can you relate to me at all?

By the way, wasn't Einstein an INTP?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Saw it somewhere, little glimpse. May've appeared so without being so, as I've mentioned earlier.

Can you relate to me at all?

By the way, wasn't Einstein an INTP?
    No, but I haven't been 12 for a long time.

No, but I haven't been 12 for a long time.
    Too bad it was a long time ago, otherwise you could remember how you were when you were 12 and help me out here!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp

lol. Patronizing much?

I agree, the guy who wrote it is patronizing at some point or another to all the types. In retrospect, it wasn't the best thing to put out there. I think what he has to say about INTJ development is worse actually. :P

I was hoping it would get @Typoz to click on the link and read, because there are other helpful insights to the other types as well as further reading on INTPs :3

I agree, the guy who wrote it is patronizing at some point or another to all the types. In retrospect, it wasn't the best thing to put out there. I think what he has to say about INTJ development is worse actually. :P

I was hoping it would get @Typoz to click on the link and read, because there are other helpful insights to the other types as well as further reading on INTPs :3
    Typoz is about to hit the bed, if it's interesting, it'd take me an hour or so to read everything I want to, hence better leave it for tomorrow.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp

I don't seek affirmation and I don't have the "need" for "the theory of everything." My need is simpler - I want to express my ideas about various things and be able to do whatever I want. The latter is equivalent to having a huge bank account; the former is equivalent to means like writing, giving public speeches, developing video games, software or movies. etc.. Possibly refining some ideas as well, in cases where I have an idea how to improve something. However, that wouldn't include expressing it for someone else to do it. I want to do everything myself to have control over it, and in the end, credit for doing it. However, not for public affirmation, but as something that I feel is "right" in regards to people taking others' ideas and claiming that it's their work.

As far as grandiose truths go, I would rather to read about it, or even better - speak directly to the discoverer/inventor and other scientists to see what it's based on and how valid it is.
    I'm terribly sorry, I was completely in the wrong to post that horribly offensive paragraph. The link I gave you was meant to be helpful, but I picked the COMPLETE wrong paragraph to show you. *facedesk* My intention really is to help you. I would recommend going to the site I gave you and clicking on "The Types" see if you can find one that you relate to, because I think that Dr. A.J. Drenth insights about each type's personal growth could be useful to you.

WALMART

Did I just invent something publicly?

Link me to them, I wanna see what you're gonna post.

No, I don't think your theory is correct still. But all thought has merit, therefore, interesting.

http://www.famoustype.com/functions.htm

http://www.timeenoughforlove.org/Notation.htm

The first link has information that discredits your theory, around the beginning. The inferior function is the weakest preferred and last developed function ("statistically"), not a "stabilizer" to the primary function. The second link teaches you how to identify function order based off of MBTI typing, in case you haven't learned yet. Handy to have, I suppose.

Again, since this is not a hard science, it is all speculatory. I speculate you to be incorrect in your understanding.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Too bad it was a long time ago, otherwise you could remember how you were when you were 12 and help me out here!!
    What do you need help with? Solitary masturbation is preferable to joining a circle jerk. (to summarise your earlier comments)

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

You seem pretty grumpy.

Probably INTP.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.