User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    This is the order of "importance," not of the sequence by which they develop.

Extroverted feeling should let me feel for people and want to be respected, sometimes get a bit emotional and maybe not always base my decisions on logic. I'm unsure about this though.

Not sure what you meant by this.

I'd find it fair to say importance and order of development go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I'd find it fair to say importance and order of development go hand in hand.
    Doesn't it make more sense that the main function needs balancing out?

@Rasofy Checking out @Salomé's posts lead me to this conclusion: I like the bluntness and that she doesn't mind being confrontational. Sometimes she appears a bit too enthusiastic, although I think that I may make that impression sometimes as well, even though I may not be enthusiastic at all. I also like that she asks questions because she's curious. So far, I liked her posts the most out of the posters of which posts I've compared previously.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

So far, I liked her posts the most out of the posters of which posts I've compared previously.

Heh, she's cool.

WALMART

Doesn't it make more sense that the main function needs balancing out?

It makes most sense to me what I said, the inferior (least preferred) function is the one you are least likely to use when developing other functions, as a young 21 year old is likely doing. Soon enough you'll have your fill of Ti and Ne and Si and start getting curious about what else there is to life, and statistically (according to MBTI ) you'll develop Fe.

I honestly don't know your intent of that post, I cannot follow the Ti scalpel as well as I can contextual understanding.

@Rasofy and secretive about her type. (why isn't there a smile in shadows? Like the bandit smiley in Skype?)

It makes most sense to me what I said, the inferior (least preferred) function is the one you are least likely to use when developing other functions, as a young 21 year old is likely doing. Soon enough you'll have your fill of Ti and Ne and Si and start getting curious about what else there is to life, and statistically (according to MBTI ) you'll develop Fe.
    It makes more sense to me this way: primary function develops first, then the inferior develops to balance out with the strong primary. Then Ne and Si as "helpers."

Generally, everyone uses every function. Typically 4 functions are used all the way and are developing slow until you're 30 or 40, unless you hasten that process consciously. The other 4 functions can be used, however that rarely happens, even rarer if one uses them extensively, as good as the primary and secondary functions. The inferior and Si (was it tertiary?) simply influences your decisions. The influence can depend if you are conscious about what manipulates your decisions shadowy from the bushes behind you. In that case, you can ignore identify that your decision isn't entirely based on feelings or logic and tailor it as if the inferior/Si wouldn't be influencing it.

That's my theory anyway.

WALMART

@Rasofy and secretive about her type. (why isn't there a smile in shadows? Like the bandit smiley in Skype?)

It makes more sense to me this way: primary function develops first, then the inferior develops to balance out with the strong primary. Then Ne and Si as "helpers."

Generally, everyone uses every function. Typically 4 functions are used all the way and are developing slow until you're 30 or 40, unless you hasten that process consciously. The other 4 functions can be used, however that rarely happens, even rarer if one uses them extensively, as good as the primary and secondary functions. The inferior and Si (was it tertiary?) simply influences your decisions. The influence can depend if you are conscious about what manipulates your decisions shadowy from the bushes behind you. In that case, you can ignore identify that your decision isn't entirely based on feelings or logic and tailor it as if the inferior/Si wouldn't be influencing it.

That's my theory anyway.

Hm. Interesting. I'll post some articles with analysis when I get back to my computer, on my phone now.

Hm. Interesting. I'll post some articles with analysis when I get back to my computer, on my phone now.
    Did I just invent something publicly?

Link me to them, I wanna see what you're gonna post.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Sometimes she appears a bit too enthusiastic,
    A bit too enthusiastic...for what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp

http://personalityjunkie.com/intp-personal-growth/

Desire for Acclaim/Affirmation/Validation

As I’ve discussed elsewhere, Fe confers a strong desire for interpersonal affirmation and validation. While FJs tend to feel affirmed and validated in their routine interactions with people, INTPs have more difficulty connecting with others on the wavelength of feeling. Since their Fe is inferior, INTPs’ desire for affirmation can be more childlike and grandiose. They may be unsatisfied with a handful of others acknowledging their intelligence, but often desire something more. They may dream of doing something grand, something big, something that would bring them widespread affirmation.

While dreams and ambitions are not inherently bad, pursuing grandiose ideals is rarely in INTP’s best interests. As I’ve described elsewhere, this can lead them to rush through their work, devalue their relationships, and prevent them from savoring the journey of life. INTPs who are in a mad rush to prove themselves or produce something grandiose will invariably produce work of questionable quality, making it unlikely they will earn the affirmation they are seeking. They are better off taking their time, focusing on mastery and precision, both of which come quite naturally to their Ti. Rather than trying to create something entirely new (e.g., a new “theory of everything”) with hopes of being recognized as an ingenious creator, INTPs are generally better suited for refining (Ti) or expanding upon (Ne) existing theories. While rarely leading to quick fame, this approach allows INTPs to work more slowly and carefully (as T-dominants should), without a constant sense of time pressure. Only by working in this fashion will INTPs produce high-quality work that will stand the test of time. Both Darwin and Kant are good examples of theorists who displayed tremendous patience and methodicalness, delaying the publishing of their seminal works until later in life.

I like that site a lot, it has some interesting things to say about all the types. Not always the most flattering...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

First and foremost - feel free to ask any questions.

I have always thought I am INTP, liked ENTPs, wanted to be INTJ, thought ENTJs are stupid. Reasons, respectively: Personality tests said so; they are fun, deduced from the movie character "Iron Man"; they achieve something; in the movies they are presented as those spitting fat guys, cleaning sweat from their foreheads and ordering everyone around to do everything. However, I have investigated more about the types recently, and I've found out that my information about the types wasn't all that well presented, including INTPs. I am even in doubt of what type I am!

I think this problem is partly here because I haven't had much experience yet.
    Have you read any book descriptions of the types?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”