User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 169

  1. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Am I to assume that you no longer "like my bluntness and that I don't mind being confrontational"? Lol. Funny how that works...

    I'm not dodging anything. I'm telling you to see a shrink. Could I be more explicit?

    Just as well since you'd be arguing with yourself.
    No, I still do like it. However, I do not like your arrogance.

    You're dodging a discussion about what you think you know about me.

    That strengthens my point that you're dodging.

  2. #132
    Member Isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Okay- only read your description and nothing anyone else posted as to not create bias in my head.
    At first I thought INTJ- but now I'm thinking ENTJ with a low "E."
    I believe as you grow older, you will gain more of a tolerance for us feeler types- you might even start to want to be around us more.
    But now you are 21 and Superman and Mr. Rational and seem to be goal oriented- but not wanting to play by other's rules unless they make sense. (Very ENTJ.)
    Knowing older ENTJs and being a major feeler (in my 40s) who has interacted with NTs quite a bit (cuz I like NTs a lot!) I would seriously recommend that you be yourself- but also- try to resist the urge to completely dismiss something or someone because it is not the way you would have done it or how you would have come to a particular conclusion. You will find that decisions based on intuition and feeling are worth something in this world and there is a need for Thinking / Rational types as well as Intuitive / Feeler types. We can co-exist so beautifully. I also recommend you don't get too caught up in your type. It is how you process information and interact in the world- nothing more. It says nothing about your potential, your previous experiences and your interests and skills in general.

    Good luck!

  3. #133
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Where are people getting iNtuition from? Seriously. Is it just the weirdness? 'Cos Sensors can be weird too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Okay- only read your description and nothing anyone else posted as to not create bias in my head.
    At first I thought INTJ- but now I'm thinking ENTJ with a low "E."
    I believe as you grow older, you will gain more of a tolerance for us feeler types- you might even start to want to be around us more.
    But now you are 21 and Superman and Mr. Rational and seem to be goal oriented- but not wanting to play by other's rules unless they make sense. (Very ENTJ.)
    Knowing older ENTJs and being a major feeler (in my 40s) who has interacted with NTs quite a bit (cuz I like NTs a lot!) I would seriously recommend that you be yourself- but also- try to resist the urge to completely dismiss something or someone because it is not the way you would have done it or how you would have come to a particular conclusion. You will find that decisions based on intuition and feeling are worth something in this world and there is a need for Thinking / Rational types as well as Intuitive / Feeler types. We can co-exist so beautifully. I also recommend you don't get too caught up in your type. It is how you process information and interact in the world- nothing more. It says nothing about your potential, your previous experiences and your interests and skills in general.

    Good luck!
    Nice analysis. I would like to get more experience with certain types when looking at MBTI. Currently, I haven't interaction with every type in real life, and probably less than half types deeply. So that includes feeler types - but not SFJs, I've had more than enough experience with them...

  5. #135
    Member Isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Nice analysis. I would like to get more experience with certain types when looking at MBTI. Currently, I haven't interaction with every type in real life, and probably less than half types deeply. So that includes feeler types - but not SFJs, I've had more than enough experience with them...
    Well, you are welcome to friend me, PM me, debate me, or hate me, whatever floats your boat, kid.

  6. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Well, you are welcome to friend me, PM me, debate me, or hate me, whatever floats your boat, kid.
    Well, to me real-life communication is very different from any form of online communication. I get to see how people react - what their body does. I enjoy that a great deal more than just reading someone's thoughts.To me, it's very different. I remember thinking otherwise not so long ago though - online communication is the same as real life communication. But that was before I enjoyed the opposite for longer. I also like the fact that I can "do body language" myself, which I enjoy as well.

    Appreciate the gesture though.

  7. #137
    Member Isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Well, to me real-life communication is very different from any form of online communication. I get to see how people react - what their body does. I enjoy that a great deal more than just reading someone's thoughts.To me, it's very different. I remember thinking otherwise not so long ago though - online communication is the same as real life communication. But that was before I enjoyed the opposite for longer. I also like the fact that I can "do body language" myself, which I enjoy as well.

    Appreciate the gesture though.
    So you won't even be my online friend? {ENFP is flabbergasted and her heart aches and she runs to the corner of the room where she buries herself into a big fluffy pillow hoping the whole world will just go away!}

    Great points. I do find that here in these fantasy forums, people are so real and raw so that is advantageous to test the waters with some things. IRL, people are much more guarded. And real life IS life, right?

    Anyway- thanks for engaging me, friend .... err ..... person I met online .... err ENTJ-we-think-but-we're-not-certain .... person you!!!!!


  8. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    So you won't even be my online friend? {ENFP is flabbergasted and her heart aches and she runs to the corner of the room where she buries herself into a big fluffy pillow hoping the whole world will just go away!}

    Great points. I do find that here in these fantasy forums, people are so real and raw so that is advantageous to test the waters with some things. IRL, people are much more guarded. And real life IS life, right?

    Anyway- thanks for engaging me, friend .... err ..... person I met online .... err ENTJ-we-think-but-we're-not-certain .... person you!!!!!

    See, in face-to-face conversation this would've made a much bigger impression. I think that's Ne humor. I can add you to the friends list if you wish so, I've no reason not to.

    But anyway, I remember finding it interesting to unravel, circumvent and get the guard down. I succeeded in a relatively short period of time (a few hours of face-to-face conversation) the last time I met someone new and spoke with for a while. As far as I know, that person isn't known that well by anyone except me. Both noticed that and was told it at least a couple of times.

  9. #139
    Member Isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    See, in face-to-face conversation this would've made a much bigger impression. I think that's Ne humor. I can add you to the friends list if you wish so, I've no reason not to.

    But anyway, I remember finding it interesting to unravel, circumvent and get the guard down. I succeeded in a relatively short period of time (a few hours of face-to-face conversation) the last time I met someone new and spoke with for a while. As far as I know, that person isn't known that well by anyone except me. Both noticed that and was told it at least a couple of times.
    I love your seriousness. And thanks for the friend request. That is a fun adventure to get to know someone and each let the guard down some.

  10. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    I love your seriousness. And thanks for the friend request. That is a fun adventure to get to know someone and each let the guard down some.
    Now that's a compliment I haven't received yet. If anything, SFJs call me not serious, stupid, etc..

    Well I didn't get a chance to let my guard down. It takes me longer to trust someone as in letting them in into my inside world. And anyway, I wasn't asked anything, although I believe I've answered a couple questions which, by the SJs that I've met, are considered "inappropriate," which I see as "what's the big deal?" kind of questions.

Similar Threads

  1. What type am I? So much internal conflict!
    By Nicki in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 05-27-2013, 10:48 PM
  2. What Type Am I?
    By Strangelove in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 05:47 PM
  3. What type am I NOT.
    By Poser in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 09:28 AM
  4. What Type am I?
    By reason in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
  5. What type am I?
    By Kiddo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 06:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO