Would I ask it if it was?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Would I ask it if it was?
    Well, it could be obvious objectively, but not obvious to you.

Are you unaware that I was implying that INTPs tend to write posts I find tl;dr?

Or are you asking why it is that they do, or why it is I find them to often be that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, it could be obvious objectively, but not obvious to you.

Are you unaware that I was implying that INTPs tend to write posts I find tl;dr?

Or are you asking why it is that they do, or why it is I find them to often be that way?
    Actually I was expecting another reason, as the post length isn't a good criteria to judge a type, especially when it's the only criteria.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Actually I was expecting another reason, as the post length isn't a good criteria to judge a type, especially when it's the only criteria.
    It wasn't the only criteria.

It wasn't the only criteria.
    Which is what I said in the previous post, however my expectations weren't met, and now you're saying that my expectations were correct... And yet they weren't met, instead you've stated the obvious.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Zarathustra, why must you continually clutter threads up with posts that manage to be both content-free and antagonistic? You've made 9 posts in this thread to tell someone they're not worth your time to post. NINE!
    Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    The problem here is that we have not properly delineated the difference between NP and NJ. I am now fairly confident of which you are.

Confident because you have a bad algorithm... and confident because I don't think you will care.

To accomplish this task, I am going to have to channel David Keirsey for the duration of this post and focus on some words. May his spirit be with me.

The NJ orders the world around them and the NP organizes it. The importance is the word Order and Organize. To Order is Constructive and to Organize is Deconstructive. The Organizer does not judge... it merely categorizes and processes. The world sees the Organizer as an informative consultant. The Orderer judges the world and exerts its will upon the world. The world sees the Orderer as a critic and an overlord/leader.

The goal of the Orderer and the Organizer are different. The Orderer seeks for the world to make sense and to be in its best state. The Orderer does not trust the natural order of the world. And who is to deduce what constitutes 'sense' and what is the best state? The Orderer, of course - a pure will. The Organizer seeks for everything in the world to have it's place and to do what it does best, seeking not to manipulate the natural order of the world, but to discover it and tap into it. 'Sense' and the best state of the world already exist, they say, hidden by ignorance. The Organizer feels they are incapable of exerting their will upon the world. The notion is absurd. The Organizer is simply a vessel - a pure mind.
    I think you are too rigid in your reading. Keirsey labels INTPs as Architects, after all.
    For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.
    Architects are very much interested in transforming and moulding and reimagining their environment. (Think Le Corbusier). Even the Socrates you idolise was subversive and sought to undermine rather than simply elucidate. Socrates was also vehemently opposed to sophistry (the triumph of style over substance). Yet you suggest that INTPs care only about process and not results. This is not true. We care about process because a flawless process leads to flawless results. Just as a correct conclusion must follow given correct premises and rigorous reasoning. To be obsessed with logical correctness but indifferent to the end result - would be monumentally stupid. (Which, as a rule, we are not.)
    That is not to say that the design must be flawlessly translated into reality. The design itself IS the end result. (This might sound like a contradiction, but any INTP will recognise that it is not).

Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    I am fairly certain you are an xNTJ (tentative guess ENTJ) and a narcissist. Take that as you will.
    I see no evidence of iNtuition at work in this character at all. He is resolutely concrete and utterly id-driven. +1 on the narcissism. I can also see evidence of OCD, even autistic traits. The obsession with securing "quality food" is genuinely bizarre.
    Given this, MBTI type becomes moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Zarathustra, why must you continually clutter threads up with posts that manage to be both content-free and antagonistic? You've made 9 posts in this thread to tell someone they're not worth your time to post. NINE!
    Jesus.
    Apparently I was worth his time.

Architects are very much interested in transforming and moulding and reimagining their environment. (Think Le Corbusier). Even the Socrates you idolise was subversive and sought to undermine rather than simply elucidate. Socrates was also vehemently opposed to sophistry (the triumph of style over substance). Yet you suggest that INTPs care only about process and not results. This is not true. We care about process because a flawless process leads to flawless results. Just as a correct conclusion must follow given correct premises and rigorous reasoning. To be obsessed with logical correctness but indifferent to the end result - would be monumentally stupid. (Which, as a rule, we are not.)
    That is not to say that the design must be flawlessly translated into reality. The design itself IS the end result. (This might sound like a contradiction, but any INTP will recognise that it is not).
    Interesting. Personally, I do want to see the design in reality. To me, designing something and then leaving it to pile up dust deep in the closet is a huge waste. A waste of resources, time, outcome from implementing it. Seeing my idea made into reality, for me that is a great feeling.

I see no evidence of iNtuition at work in this character at all. He is resolutely concrete and utterly id-driven. +1 on the narcissism. I can also see evidence of OCD, even autistic traits. The obsession with securing "quality food" is genuinely bizarre.
    Given this, MBTI type becomes moot.
    How is the need to have quality food bizarre?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Jesus.

Well, apparently you didn't understand what I was doing.

Which, understood correctly, would help illuminate why it is you tend to get as exasperated as you did above.

Apparently I was worth his time.
    No, not really.

It's just a sign I didn't feel like reading thru your thread.

I got called in here twice, and the exchange was just enough for me to poke and prod a bit.

No, not really.

It's just a sign I didn't feel like reading thru your thread.

I got called in here twice, and the exchange was just enough for me to poke and prod a bit.
    Still took you time to do it.