User Tag List

First 12

What do you think about INTJ?

I started reading more about INTJ. Maybe I should post some quotes and write what I think about it.

However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. I tend to act more like an INTP. I studied a lot of things just for fun. Some things I never used in real life.
    All the other things can fit but there is nothing I would say: THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ME!
    And when I read the things INTJ write in forums or blogs I can not identify with it.

Maybe I should read more descriptions of all types. Everything is so confusing.
    I am not a native speaker and have no problems to improve my English by criticism. If you find mistakes, please tell me.

I started reading more about INTJ. Maybe I should post some quotes and write what I think about it.

However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. I tend to act more like an INTP. I studied a lot of things just for fun. Some things I never used in real life.
    All the other things can fit but there is nothing I would say: THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ME!
    And when I read the things INTJ write in forums or blogs I can not identify with it.

Maybe I should read more descriptions of all types. Everything is so confusing.
    I am not a native speaker and have no problems to improve my English by criticism. If you find mistakes, please tell me.

I found an example of my test results. I think I took the test last weak.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (24)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.6)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.8)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************* (49)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.6)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (39)
    excellent use

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Based on that monster Ni score you must be either an SP or an NJ. Are you more introverted or extraverted and more of a thinker or feeler?

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

In case you consider INTP, this profile write up is perhaps the best one yet : A description of the INTP Personality Type by Paul James

The overlap of development level of functions & the preference of usage makes for more of the conundrum you seem to be facing.
    As for INTJ v/s INTP a starting point can be if you can figure out if you put structure first and organization later to fit a vision as you see it (experiencing a 'fog' before clarity dawns on you), as opposed to feeling a need to think and understand and then to follow permutations and combinations to reach a point where an approximate certainty is reached.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Based on your function scores and your update, I'd lean more towards INTJ now, for what that's worth.
    -end of thread-