User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default What do you think are my instinctual variants?

I'm not sure what my instinctual variants are.

SP

- I am very reserved and less emotional but I'm not really that concerned about material things, having lots of money how my house looks.

SX

- I do like intense 1 on 1 relationships but I'm not particularly sexual. I don't think I give off a very passionate/sensual energy.

Soc.

- I like the idea of groups working together but i rarely am interested in actually joining groups or hosting things.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Have you taken a test/assessment?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I found this one helpful. http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-fo...stackings.html

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Have you taken a test/assessment?
    I think it's very erroneous to base instinctual variant on tests. I frequently get sp/sx, but I really could not relate to it.

SP - yeah, it's just how much you care about things related to your physical health.

SX - I don't think it's necessarily about being 'sexual.' My understanding is that its a focus on other individuals or, in my case, fascinating characters.

SO - Focus on group. Not necessarily liking the idea of groups working together..maybe how much you care about the group in relation to your own standing. It's like Je in MBTI.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I found this one helpful. http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-fo...stackings.html

I think it's very erroneous to base instinctual variant on tests. I frequently get sp/sx, but I really could not relate to it.

SP - yeah, it's just how much you care about things related to your physical health.

SX - I don't think it's necessarily about being 'sexual.' My understanding is that its a focus on other individuals or, in my case, fascinating characters.

SO - Focus on group. Not necessarily liking the idea of groups working together..maybe how much you care about the group in relation to your own standing. It's like Je in MBTI.
    I don't think your comments here reflect an understanding of what this is about which makes me think you haven't gone to the right place. If you haven't already, try this.

http://www.enneagram.net/tests/

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I don't think your comments here reflect an understanding of what this is about which makes me think you haven't gone to the right place. If you haven't already, try this.

http://www.enneagram.net/tests/
    maybe.. but I don't have the moneyz.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    maybe.. but I don't have the moneyz.
    It is not much money. I was as poor as poor could be at one point in my life. The only issue is whether or not you have a credit card. Up to you.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It is $8.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

@ highlander

I can't spend the money but I did take another online test and was sx/sp.

I just don't know if it's true because I relate to parts of sx/ sp and not others

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

This is good site for descriptions of how 5 instincts manifest [and a great enneagram resource in general].

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=86:80

Instincts are often initially taken literally but I tend to think of them as where your neurotic energy is focused/fixated on. Self-preservation isn’t just “things and money” but for 5s it could be an added fixation on personal boundaries, space, self-containment, limiting external influence. If anything, self pres 5s are the opposite of materialistic as they’ll be very focused on reducing worldly demands of their attention. Sexual 5s will have an almost obsessive quality in their attention, whether they’re dealing with an individual they’re intrigued by or a new pet topic; they want to merge and consume, and be consumed by their interest, however it’s a very conflicting desire with the 5 concern for detachment. Social 5s aren’t necessarily social but they’ll be preoccupied with groups holding specialized information and prestige for intellectual thought.

FWIW you seem Sp.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    @ highlander

I just don't know if it's true because I relate to parts of sx/ sp and not others
    That is perfectly normal, as you don't really need to fit every sx/sp or any other variants characteristics to be part of them. I'm an so/sx, and I'm no extremely popular guy that won't ever close my mouth to stop talking. Or, I'm a type 7, but I'm not exactly the excitement seeking paranoic as descriptions say.

And, sx/sp is a very fitting variant for INTPs.