• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Round two: INFJ or just an INTJ woman?

Rosabel

I made few weeks ago a thread and I heve been typed as an INFJ. But the doubt gos on. In the last thread I made a very superficial description of me, now I'll try to describe me better with more MBTI related features. My doubt is about if I'm really an INFJ or a Fi-fueled INTJ.

Here I go:

- I have always been described as unemotional. I don't really fit in the overall pattern of what's considered a "feeling" person. I'm hard to cry and to get really enthusiastic with things/ events. And I can be punitive toward others (and myself) a lot.
- I understand people easily. Hence my interest in psychology.
- I'm compassionate and charitable.
- Dreamer.
- I am physically affectionate with people I'm REALLY intimate and close to.
- I consider myself romantic and passionate. I have a knack for romanticism that I keep a lot inside, in my head. Maybe I am more than I express it. With my boyfriend I'm really loving, caring and I say sweet words to him privately, when we're alone and we have a great deal of romantic devotion to each other. He's an ENTJ, and our feeling connects in a really ideal way.
- I have difficulties listening to/ obeying people that I don't consider intelligent. It may cause some problems with (some) authorities.
- I've been told that I have difficulties dealing with other's weaknesses. But I try to help.
- I have deep feelings for people who are close to me, but I express it very differently than my ISFP brother do. I'm not the one who bothers about writing a beautiful letter on Mother's Day, birthdays, Valentine's Day etc. But I'm the one who is really there, supporting people firmly and strongly. I love helping people.
- I have always been very knowledgeable. Since I was a kid. I have a passion for learning, and because of it I have a broad range of artistic, scientifical, cultural and metaphysical knowledge.
- I tell the truth. Always. It will hurt occasionally others feelings (it deeply upsets me when it happens).
- I have always been the one winning in debates and arguments. I like using a great deal of logic in language in order to persuade people of my opinions.
- I'm highly self-confident. Some people, before getting to know me, may think I'm an arrogant "know-it-all", maybe because I'm quiet, but not afraid of expressing what I know. But, after people start to know me better, see that I'm not arrogant and that I'll help them and talk to them in an easy way.
- My mother once described me "intimidating". I have a strong personality.
- I have always been really independent.
- I dislike chit-chat.
- I'm polite. I really dislike rudeness, disrespect and misbehavior. I can't stand it. Though I can be really blunt, I aprimored my way respecting social protocol and being nice.
- I really dislike mellow things/ movies/ books/ people. "Dovey-lovey" things annoy me. Same to cliches. For me it's different being loving/ romantic from being "mellow dovey-lovey".
- I like romantic music, movies and books mostly. I like it for being appealing for my feelings, and touching me.
- I like creative writing.
- I'm really feminine. Not the stereotypical "girly preppy girl" (I hate it), but I'm really feminine in a mature way.
- I dream of marriage, having my family and I really have plans. But when I get married, I won't be the traditional housewife. My marriage and my kids won't stop me from being as I am.
- I'm highly principled, worried about doing the right thing and being fair, good, merciful and honest.
- I have a good sense of humour.

That's it. I'm here for questions too. I have never thought I'd be an INTJ, but sometimes it can make some sense. I don't know if I'm a high Ti INFJ or a high Fi INTJ... Any guesses (about enneagram thay are welcome too)? Thank you all! :wink:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds pretty INxJ to me. As for INFJ or INTJ, I don't think being emotional or romantic has much to do with it (when I recall all the INxJs I know). I've seen unromantic/unemotional INFJs and romantic/occasionally-emotional INTJs.

But I'm going to go with INFJ. This sounded pretty Fe to me (and hasn't ever really been a concern to the INTJs I know):

I'm polite. I really dislike rudeness, disrespect and misbehavior. I can't stand it. Though I can be really blunt, I aprimored my way respecting some social protocol and being nice.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, that sounded more INFJ to me. Take this for example:

I love studying psychology and human behavior. Mainly because I like studying people and their motivations in general.

I know a lot of INTJs interested in psychology. There's a lot on all of these typology forums after all. However, it's the why you said you liked it that seemed very NF temperament to me.

Take a look here: http://www.bestfittype.com/temperament.html

This page mentions that SP & NF temperaments put an emphasis on others' motives, and why people do things. NTs and SJs on the other hand focus on structure, order and organization. For instance, my INTJ brother is also very interested in MBTI, because he enjoys the organization and structure of it. He likes to segment and differentiate each letter or cognitive process. I've never really got the impression he used it to understand the motives of others, like me and my ENFP sister do.

Rosabel

[MENTION=6448]StephMC[/MENTION] Identified with The Catalyst, mostly. I like MBTI for the human thing. I have too much interest in people, what make me pretty social and agreeable.
(And I have to admit, I don't care too much about structure this way, in general...hehe)

---------

EDIT: I'm thinking I'm an INFJ with a strong Ti. Makes sense? I'm talking to a friend and she said she sees more Ti in me but no Te at all.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I made few weeks ago a thread and I heve been typed as an INFJ. But the doubt gos on. In the last thread I made a very superficial description of me, now I'll try to describe me better with more MBTI related features. My doubt is about if I'm really an INFJ or a Fi-fueled INTJ.

Here I go:

- I have always been described as unemotional. I don't really fit in the overall pattern of what's considered a "feeling" person. I'm hard to cry and to get really enthusiastic with things/ events. And I can be punitive toward others (and myself) a lot.
- I understand people easily. Hence my interest in psychology.
- I'm compassionate and charitable.
- Dreamer.
- I am physically affectionate with people I'm REALLY intimate and close to.
- I consider myself romantic and passionate. I have a knack for romanticism that I keep a lot inside, in my head. Maybe I am more than I express it. With my boyfriend I'm really loving, caring and I say sweet words to him privately, when we're alone and we have a great deal of romantic devotion to each other. He's an ENTJ, and our feeling connects in a really ideal way.
- I have difficulties listening to/ obeying people that I don't consider intelligent. It may cause some problems with (some) authorities.
- I've been told that I have difficulties dealing with other's weaknesses. But I try to help.
- I have deep feelings for people who are close to me, but I express it very differently than my ISFP brother do. I'm not the one who bothers about writing a beautiful letter on Mother's Day, birthdays, Valentine's Day etc. But I'm the one who is really there, supporting people firmly and strongly. I love helping people.
- I have always been very knowledgeable. Since I was a kid. I have a passion for learning, and because of it I have a broad range of artistic, scientifical, cultural and metaphysical knowledge.
- I tell the truth. Always. It will hurt occasionally others feelings (it deeply upsets me when it happens).
- I have always been the one winning in debates and arguments. I like using a great deal of logic in language in order to persuade people of my opinions.
- I'm highly self-confident. Some people, before getting to know me, may think I'm an arrogant "know-it-all", maybe because I'm quiet, but not afraid of expressing what I know. But, after people start to know me better, see that I'm not arrogant and that I'll help them and talk to them in an easy way.
- My mother once described me "intimidating". I have a strong personality.
- I have always been really independent.

- I dislike chit-chat.
- I'm polite. I really dislike rudeness, disrespect and misbehavior. I can't stand it. Though I can be really blunt, I aprimored my way respecting social protocol and being nice.
- I really dislike mellow things/ movies/ books/ people. "Dovey-lovey" things annoy me. Same to cliches. For me it's different being loving/ romantic from being "mellow dovey-lovey".
- I like romantic music, movies and books mostly. I like it for being appealing for my feelings, and touching me.
- I like creative writing.
- I'm really feminine. Not the stereotypical "girly preppy girl" (I hate it), but I'm really feminine in a mature way.
- I dream of marriage, having my family and I really have plans. But when I get married, I won't be the traditional housewife. My marriage and my kids won't stop me from being as I am.
- I'm highly principled, worried about doing the right thing and being fair, good, merciful and honest.
- I have a good sense of humour.

That's it. I'm here for questions too. I have never thought I'd be an INTJ, but sometimes it can make some sense. I don't know if I'm a high Ti INFJ or a high Fi INTJ... Any guesses (about enneagram thay are welcome too)? Thank you all! :wink:

All of the bolded points would indicate that you are INTJ though what remains unbolded would possibly be your Fi assuming you are INTJ that is.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe we should see what [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] thinks of the OP since I know greenfairy has considered both INTJ and INFP in the past just like the OP!

Rosabel

Maybe we should see what [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] thinks of the OP since I know greenfairy has considered both INTJ and INFP in the past just like the OP!

I relate more with the INFJ and some of the INTJ profiles. But my Thinking seems more like Ti, not Te, what's tricky. I was talking about it with an INTP friend and she agreed. It's complicated.

Maybe if I post some cognitive processes results... it would help? :)

Rosabel

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

That link is a good cognitive processes test in case you don't know about it! Post away!

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.5)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.3)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.5)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

Here it is!

(Very balanced, hence the doubt? :shock: )

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Everything points to INFJ, and the CF results are consistent. You seem to have developed Te and Fi; according to my theory you are close to the middle between F and T, and this develops your functions accordingly. INTJ would be Ni,Te,Fi,Se; so developing your thinking functions would produce a similar function order. I'm still working on INXJ, so if I were to try to explain it right now it might be confusing or incorrect. Basically, Ni (a perceiving function) balances opposing judging functions and facilitates switching modes.

Anyway, I saw a lot of Fe in your post. I agree with Raptorwizard that the bolded looks INTJ, but I know INFJ's who have those characteristics as well. Furthermore, the F characteristics do not appear to be very important to INTJ's in my experience.

Rosabel

Hey, [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] very insightful!
My Judging functions are quite balaced with Fe being the higher. And I can see how my Ni do this "switching modes".
Thanks a lot for the help... :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Glad you found it helpful!

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EDIT: I'm thinking I'm an INFJ with a strong Ti. Makes sense? I'm talking to a friend and she said she sees more Ti in me but no Te at all.

I think it makes a lot of sense :) Your third function can show through pretty strongly at times.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=16274]Rosabel[/MENTION]:

Welcome to the club. At first I tested more towards the INTJ zone. I thought "hey, I'm logical and analytical, like steps and strategies, so therefore I may be more T." Outwardly, I may not seem extremely emotional at first, but as time progresses and as people get to know me, I'm deep down sensitive. Not to say that INTJs aren't emotional, they can be the most emotional of NTs. But, the defining characteristic of INFJ is when it comes to problem solving, they ultimately focus on how a course of action influences other people. INTJs will be able to focus just on the problem at hand and can separate the human factors involved in it.

I am inclined to say INFJ for you. Dislike for lovey-dovey overly sentimental things is indicative of INFJ's desire for authenticity. We dislike mawkish displays of romance and the like. It seems unreal, and if it doesn't seem genuine enough, then we lose interest. Fe oriented people can be blunt. A desire for marriage and people operating based off of social protocol, doing what is right, merciful, and honesty is definitely Fe. A desire to help others, people driven, this is Fe.

Of your JCF results, focusing on your judging functions, you have higher levels of Fe, Fi, and Ti. Your Te is lower. So it indicates that you are more feeling oriented, given you have more Fe and Fi in comparison to the thinking ones.

We INFJs question ourselves frequently, and have a hard time understanding ourselves. It's like you're trying to understand the inner paradox that lies within you. The famous INFJ Ni-Ti loop. ;)

Also, your current avatar of the cover of Kate Bush's album The Dreaming, with 4w5 as your enneatype, it leads me to conclude INFJ is more likely. :)

Hopefully this helps, even though it is last minute. :)

Rosabel

[MENTION=16274]Rosabel[/MENTION]:

Welcome to the club. At first I tested more towards the INTJ zone. I thought "hey, I'm logical and analytical, like steps and strategies, so therefore I may be more T." Outwardly, I may not seem extremely emotional at first, but as time progresses and as people get to know me, I'm deep down sensitive. Not to say that INTJs aren't emotional, they can be the most emotional of NTs. But, the defining characteristic of INFJ is when it comes to problem solving, they ultimately focus on how a course of action influences other people. INTJs will be able to focus just on the problem at hand and can separate the human factors involved in it.

I am inclined to say INFJ for you. Dislike for lovey-dovey overly sentimental things is indicative of INFJ's desire for authenticity. We dislike mawkish displays of romance and the like. It seems unreal, and if it doesn't seem genuine enough, then we lose interest. Fe oriented people can be blunt. A desire for marriage and people operating based off of social protocol, doing what is right, merciful, and honesty is definitely Fe. A desire to help others, people driven, this is Fe.

Of your JCF results, focusing on your judging functions, you have higher levels of Fe, Fi, and Ti. Your Te is lower. So it indicates that you are more feeling oriented, given you have more Fe and Fi in comparison to the thinking ones.

We INFJs question ourselves frequently, and have a hard time understanding ourselves. It's like you're trying to understand the inner paradox that lies within you. The famous INFJ Ni-Ti loop. ;)

Also, your current avatar of the cover of Kate Bush's album The Dreaming, with 4w5 as your enneatype, it leads me to conclude INFJ is more likely. :)

Hopefully this helps, even though it is last minute. :)

For sure it helped! Thanks a lot!
All you said makes a lot of sense to me. I just can't ignore the human factor in problem solving. And yes, this thing of frequently questioning ourselves and self understanding is really hard, it can be overbearing at times.

And loved the insight about my avatar! "The Dreaming" is one of my favourite Kate Bush's albums (I like all of them, though)... I took my username from the music "Houdini".

4w5 is a really common ennagram for INFJs, I think, isn't it? ;)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For sure it helped! Thanks a lot!
All you said makes a lot of sense to me. I just can't ignore the human factor in problem solving. And yes, this thing of frequently questioning ourselves and self understanding is really hard, it can be overbearing at times.

And loved the insight about my avatar! "The Dreaming" is one of my favourite Kate Bush's albums (I like all of them, though)... I took my username from the music "Houdini".

4w5 is a really common ennagram for INFJs, I think, isn't it? ;)

Yeah, I have a hard time removing people from the equation when I am solving a problem. I keep thinking about how everyone will be affected. Even when it's scientific problems, there's always a humanistic factor involved. "This is humanity's role in the cosmos and this is what we can do as a society to help make the world better." Emphasis on kindness and compassion towards others. Not to say that we don't look out for ourselves, we're wary of others and self-protective at first.

Have you ever had moments where you have a premonition about something, and it turns out to be true?

Not to say that other types don't enjoy Kate's music, but from my observations, most NFs I know of tend to be drawn to Kate Bush.

And yes, 4w5 is quite common for INFJs, as well as 6w5, 9w1, and 1w2.

Rosabel

Yeah, I have a hard time removing people from the equation when I am solving a problem. I keep thinking about how everyone will be affected. Even when it's scientific problems, there's always a humanistic factor involved. "This is humanity's role in the cosmos and this is what we can do as a society to help make the world better." Emphasis on kindness and compassion towards others. Not to say that we don't look out for ourselves, we're wary of others and self-protective at first.

Have you ever had moments where you have a premonition about something, and it turns out to be true?

Not to say that other types don't enjoy Kate's music, but from my observations, most NFs I know of tend to be drawn to Kate Bush.

And yes, 4w5 is quite common for INFJs, as well as 6w5, 9w1, and 1w2.

Exactly!

And yes, I've had this moments of premonition. In dreams, thoughts that pop-up out of nowhere and without any reason... that may seem strange at first but then happen, feelings about what people will choose to do in a certain time in the future, about relationships, describing accurately others feelings without them saying anything about and so on... it's funny that till today people call me "clairvoyant" or say that "all Rosabel says happens", or even "how do you know this??". I'm kind of sensitive...

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exactly!

And yes, I've had this moments of premonition. In dreams, thoughts that pop-up out of nowhere and without any reason that may seem strange at first but then happen, feelings about what people will choose to do in a certain time in the future, about relationships, describing accurately others feelings without them saying anything about and so on... it's funny that till today people call me "clairvoyant" or say that "all Rosabel says happens", or even "how do you know this??". I'm kind of sensitive...

Sign of Ni and Fe. ;)