User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 20

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    127

    Arrow Round two: INFJ or just an INTJ woman?

    I made few weeks ago a thread and I heve been typed as an INFJ. But the doubt gos on. In the last thread I made a very superficial description of me, now I'll try to describe me better with more MBTI related features. My doubt is about if I'm really an INFJ or a Fi-fueled INTJ.

    Here I go:

    - I have always been described as unemotional. I don't really fit in the overall pattern of what's considered a "feeling" person. I'm hard to cry and to get really enthusiastic with things/ events. And I can be punitive toward others (and myself) a lot.
    - I understand people easily. Hence my interest in psychology.
    - I'm compassionate and charitable.
    - Dreamer.
    - I am physically affectionate with people I'm REALLY intimate and close to.
    - I consider myself romantic and passionate. I have a knack for romanticism that I keep a lot inside, in my head. Maybe I am more than I express it. With my boyfriend I'm really loving, caring and I say sweet words to him privately, when we're alone and we have a great deal of romantic devotion to each other. He's an ENTJ, and our feeling connects in a really ideal way.
    - I have difficulties listening to/ obeying people that I don't consider intelligent. It may cause some problems with (some) authorities.
    - I've been told that I have difficulties dealing with other's weaknesses. But I try to help.
    - I have deep feelings for people who are close to me, but I express it very differently than my ISFP brother do. I'm not the one who bothers about writing a beautiful letter on Mother's Day, birthdays, Valentine's Day etc. But I'm the one who is really there, supporting people firmly and strongly. I love helping people.
    - I have always been very knowledgeable. Since I was a kid. I have a passion for learning, and because of it I have a broad range of artistic, scientifical, cultural and metaphysical knowledge.
    - I tell the truth. Always. It will hurt occasionally others feelings (it deeply upsets me when it happens).
    - I have always been the one winning in debates and arguments. I like using a great deal of logic in language in order to persuade people of my opinions.
    - I'm highly self-confident. Some people, before getting to know me, may think I'm an arrogant "know-it-all", maybe because I'm quiet, but not afraid of expressing what I know. But, after people start to know me better, see that I'm not arrogant and that I'll help them and talk to them in an easy way.
    - My mother once described me "intimidating". I have a strong personality.
    - I have always been really independent.
    - I dislike chit-chat.
    - I'm polite. I really dislike rudeness, disrespect and misbehavior. I can't stand it. Though I can be really blunt, I aprimored my way respecting social protocol and being nice.
    - I really dislike mellow things/ movies/ books/ people. "Dovey-lovey" things annoy me. Same to cliches. For me it's different being loving/ romantic from being "mellow dovey-lovey".
    - I like romantic music, movies and books mostly. I like it for being appealing for my feelings, and touching me.
    - I like creative writing.
    - I'm really feminine. Not the stereotypical "girly preppy girl" (I hate it), but I'm really feminine in a mature way.
    - I dream of marriage, having my family and I really have plans. But when I get married, I won't be the traditional housewife. My marriage and my kids won't stop me from being as I am.
    - I'm highly principled, worried about doing the right thing and being fair, good, merciful and honest.
    - I have a good sense of humour.

    That's it. I'm here for questions too. I have never thought I'd be an INTJ, but sometimes it can make some sense. I don't know if I'm a high Ti INFJ or a high Fi INTJ... Any guesses (about enneagram thay are welcome too)? Thank you all!

  2. #2
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Sounds pretty INxJ to me. As for INFJ or INTJ, I don't think being emotional or romantic has much to do with it (when I recall all the INxJs I know). I've seen unromantic/unemotional INFJs and romantic/occasionally-emotional INTJs.

    But I'm going to go with INFJ. This sounded pretty Fe to me (and hasn't ever really been a concern to the INTJs I know):

    I'm polite. I really dislike rudeness, disrespect and misbehavior. I can't stand it. Though I can be really blunt, I aprimored my way respecting some social protocol and being nice.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    127

    Default

    My first thread here, it may help.

  4. #4
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Yes, that sounded more INFJ to me. Take this for example:

    I love studying psychology and human behavior. Mainly because I like studying people and their motivations in general.
    I know a lot of INTJs interested in psychology. There's a lot on all of these typology forums after all. However, it's the why you said you liked it that seemed very NF temperament to me.

    Take a look here: http://www.bestfittype.com/temperament.html

    This page mentions that SP & NF temperaments put an emphasis on others' motives, and why people do things. NTs and SJs on the other hand focus on structure, order and organization. For instance, my INTJ brother is also very interested in MBTI, because he enjoys the organization and structure of it. He likes to segment and differentiate each letter or cognitive process. I've never really got the impression he used it to understand the motives of others, like me and my ENFP sister do.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    127

    Default

    @StephMC Identified with The Catalyst, mostly. I like MBTI for the human thing. I have too much interest in people, what make me pretty social and agreeable.
    (And I have to admit, I don't care too much about structure this way, in general...hehe)

    ---------

    EDIT: I'm thinking I'm an INFJ with a strong Ti. Makes sense? I'm talking to a friend and she said she sees more Ti in me but no Te at all.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosabel View Post
    I made few weeks ago a thread and I heve been typed as an INFJ. But the doubt gos on. In the last thread I made a very superficial description of me, now I'll try to describe me better with more MBTI related features. My doubt is about if I'm really an INFJ or a Fi-fueled INTJ.

    Here I go:

    - I have always been described as unemotional. I don't really fit in the overall pattern of what's considered a "feeling" person. I'm hard to cry and to get really enthusiastic with things/ events. And I can be punitive toward others (and myself) a lot.
    - I understand people easily. Hence my interest in psychology.
    - I'm compassionate and charitable.
    - Dreamer.
    - I am physically affectionate with people I'm REALLY intimate and close to.
    - I consider myself romantic and passionate. I have a knack for romanticism that I keep a lot inside, in my head. Maybe I am more than I express it. With my boyfriend I'm really loving, caring and I say sweet words to him privately, when we're alone and we have a great deal of romantic devotion to each other. He's an ENTJ, and our feeling connects in a really ideal way.
    - I have difficulties listening to/ obeying people that I don't consider intelligent. It may cause some problems with (some) authorities.
    - I've been told that I have difficulties dealing with other's weaknesses. But I try to help.
    - I have deep feelings for people who are close to me, but I express it very differently than my ISFP brother do. I'm not the one who bothers about writing a beautiful letter on Mother's Day, birthdays, Valentine's Day etc. But I'm the one who is really there, supporting people firmly and strongly. I love helping people.
    - I have always been very knowledgeable. Since I was a kid. I have a passion for learning, and because of it I have a broad range of artistic, scientifical, cultural and metaphysical knowledge.
    - I tell the truth. Always. It will hurt occasionally others feelings (it deeply upsets me when it happens).
    - I have always been the one winning in debates and arguments. I like using a great deal of logic in language in order to persuade people of my opinions.
    - I'm highly self-confident. Some people, before getting to know me, may think I'm an arrogant "know-it-all", maybe because I'm quiet, but not afraid of expressing what I know. But, after people start to know me better, see that I'm not arrogant and that I'll help them and talk to them in an easy way.
    - My mother once described me "intimidating". I have a strong personality.
    - I have always been really independent.

    - I dislike chit-chat.
    - I'm polite. I really dislike rudeness, disrespect and misbehavior. I can't stand it. Though I can be really blunt, I aprimored my way respecting social protocol and being nice.
    - I really dislike mellow things/ movies/ books/ people. "Dovey-lovey" things annoy me. Same to cliches. For me it's different being loving/ romantic from being "mellow dovey-lovey".
    - I like romantic music, movies and books mostly. I like it for being appealing for my feelings, and touching me.
    - I like creative writing.
    - I'm really feminine. Not the stereotypical "girly preppy girl" (I hate it), but I'm really feminine in a mature way.
    - I dream of marriage, having my family and I really have plans. But when I get married, I won't be the traditional housewife. My marriage and my kids won't stop me from being as I am.
    - I'm highly principled, worried about doing the right thing and being fair, good, merciful and honest.
    - I have a good sense of humour.

    That's it. I'm here for questions too. I have never thought I'd be an INTJ, but sometimes it can make some sense. I don't know if I'm a high Ti INFJ or a high Fi INTJ... Any guesses (about enneagram thay are welcome too)? Thank you all!
    All of the bolded points would indicate that you are INTJ though what remains unbolded would possibly be your Fi assuming you are INTJ that is.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Maybe we should see what @greenfairy thinks of the OP since I know greenfairy has considered both INTJ and INFP in the past just like the OP!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Maybe we should see what @greenfairy thinks of the OP since I know greenfairy has considered both INTJ and INFP in the past just like the OP!
    I relate more with the INFJ and some of the INTJ profiles. But my Thinking seems more like Ti, not Te, what's tricky. I was talking about it with an INTP friend and she agreed. It's complicated.

    Maybe if I post some cognitive processes results... it would help? (:

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosabel View Post
    Maybe if I post some cognitive processes results... it would help? (:
    http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

    That link is a good cognitive processes test in case you don't know about it! Post away!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

    That link is a good cognitive processes test in case you don't know about it! Post away!
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.5)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.3)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.5)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.3)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.5)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************** (32.7)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.5)
    good use

    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

    Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

    Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

    If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

    Here it is!

    (Very balanced, hence the doubt? )

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Anyone an INTJ parent or have an INTJ parent (particularly INTJ mothers)?
    By helbert in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-08-2017, 08:31 AM
  2. So am i an INFJ or just a HSP INTJ girl ?
    By Astra princess in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2015, 08:06 PM
  3. Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology
    By Zarathustra in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 349
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 03:34 PM
  4. INFJ or just weird?
    By Noon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 12:57 AM
  5. Beauty: A Curse, A Blessing or Just an Asset?
    By Amargith in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO