User Tag List

First 12

Thread: 6w5 or 6w7?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Thank you for the input, guys and gals... THinking about this a bit more. I don't have anything too fantastic to add so I won't post more till I do. But on the whole, 6w5 probably does fit me best. (I'm kind of neurotic and self-conscious, for sure...but I keep it fairly well hidden, at least IRL...) It would make sense, though, to also see some of the w7 in myself.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'm pretty certain (about 90%) that I'm a type 6 - if I was 100% certain I probably wouldn't be a 6, right?

However, I'm not entirely sure about the wings. I've pretty much typed as 6w5, which I'd put down to being an introvert, intellectually inclined, and so on. The thing is, I've read 6w5 and 6w7 descriptions which I identify with to almost an equal degree. I mean, I'm an introvert but I'm not heavily introverted - more the "ambivert" type, though I have too many of the introvert characteristics to not be one.
    I had the same problem. The way I decided was this - if there was no such thing as a 6, would I be a 5 or a 7? Then the answer became obvious. Not sure if that method is valid but it's what I did.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I had the same problem. The way I decided was this - if there was no such thing as a 6, would I be a 5 or a 7? Then the answer became obvious. Not sure if that method is valid but it's what I did.
    Yeah, by that test I'd have to be a 5. Even though it's not a type I identify with much - but more so than 7, for sure.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

6w5 Sp/Sx

6w7 Sp/Sx

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Take a close look at this

Specifically:
    "Wing
    If you are the Enneagram Type 6 with the 5 Wing, you desire to appear remote. You see yourself as faithful, knowing, intelligent, refined, real and brave.

If you are the Enneagram Type 6 with the 7 Wing, you desire to appear conformist. You see yourself as loyal, casual, related, interested, energetic, warm and wary."

For me, it very much confirms the 6w5 for me vs 6w7. I'd never seen anything in writing that was conclusive till finding this.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Take a close look at this

Specifically:
    "Wing
    If you are the Enneagram Type 6 with the 5 Wing, you desire to appear remote. You see yourself as faithful, knowing, intelligent, refined, real and brave.

If you are the Enneagram Type 6 with the 7 Wing, you desire to appear conformist. You see yourself as loyal, casual, related, interested, energetic, warm and wary."

For me, it very much confirms the 6w5 for me vs 6w7. I'd never seen anything in writing that was conclusive till finding this.
    Oh, that's interesting. Thank you. I actually identify quite a bit with aspects of both of those (though in neither case do I identify with all of them). So I can't say it makes it conclusive for me!

I have to say that for an INTJ, 6w5 seems the more likely option for sure for INTJ type 6s. Perhaps it's a bit less definite with INFJ... Perhaps I do just have fairly balanced wings; I think that's a possibility.

EDIT: I'd say I don't particularly identify with being "remote", for 6w5. But I identify with most of the other points. And I'm not too sure about "casual" and "energetic" (I'm really not energetic!) for 6w7, but most of the other stuff, yes.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'd say I don't particularly identify with being "remote", for 6w5. But I identify with most of the other points.
    Same here. I think you are right about INTJs being lore likely to be 6w5s. Duh .

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Oh my God, now I'm confused, I relate to both!
    Ok I need some more reading to both of them
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

@geedoenfj: 6w7 all the way.
    Likes geedoenfj, magpie liked this post