• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Enneagram?!

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It recently crossed my mind that I've put a lot more thought into my MBTI type than my Enneagram, so here I am.

This is where I am so far:

• I'm almost positive that 4w5 is my heart fix.
  • I'm pretty sure that my head fix is either 6w5 or 5w6 (5w4 is a possibility, but it just doesn't seem right to me), and I'm also pretty sure that this is my dominant type.
  • I'm not sure at all about my gut fix, but I think it is either 9w8 or 8w9.

Does anyone have any tips for narrowing my type down further? Questions which may help?

Feel free to say something if you think my thoughts so far are blatantly wrong as well, or if you have any other input. Thanks in advance.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I'm also sure that my instinctual variant is Sp/Sx.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, come on. Someone has to have some ideas here.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess I'll just keep talking to myself here.

Silveresque

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but here are some ideas I have about how 5's and 6's differ (it better be accurate because if it's not, then I have no idea why I'm a 6 and not a 5 :/). How I see it is that 5's trust their minds and are confident in the ideas and theories they come up with. Sixes, on the other hand, need external validation because they don't trust even their own thought processes. To the 6, everything must be questioned, compared with other existing structures and known facts, and shown to be valid and true--even if it comes from themselves. Sixes do not trust their inner authority, and are looking for answers--something they can be certain about.

Also...I did a questionnaire on Personality Cafe and apparently a big part of why I'm a 6 and not a 5 is that I care way too much what other people think of me. Apparently 5's just don't care what people think of them and aren't particularly interesting in trying to be likeable.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5's are independent thinkers, they don't look for help.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you are INFP your gut fix is probably a lot more likely to be 9w8 than 8w9 since INFPs are typically more peaceful than aggressive.

Burger King

I think a sloppy way you can determine your gut fix is by figuring out how you deal with anger, how your presence is felt by others, and your relation to your environment. I'm not entirely sure.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm. I'm thinking 6w5 and 4w5 are correct(That's what I generally write my type as), but I just don't know enough about the gut fixes to be sure. So any help with that would be appreciated.

I'm surprised there are no dissenting opinions though.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...Come on, what do you guys think? 64what? What is that last number?! TELL ME!

Silveresque

I think you can tell a 9 fix apart from an 8 fix by how they deal with conflict. When I get into an argument with someone, I'll try to convince them with logic (as a head type), but if that doesn't work, I'll give up trying to convince them and try to end the argument. This person has made me VERY angry, but (as someone with a 9 fix) I still want to end the conversation peacefully. I'll do this by taking a tolerant stance, which may sound something like this: "Maybe it works for you, but not for me. It's just not my style." I'm not rejecting your idea, but I don't agree with it either. An 8-fixer would not really care about ending an argument peacefully.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you can tell a 9 fix apart from an 8 fix by how they deal with conflict. When I get into an argument with someone, I'll try to convince them with logic (as a head type), but if that doesn't work, I'll give up trying to convince them and try to end the argument. This person has made me VERY angry, but (as someone with a 9 fix) I still want to end the conversation peacefully. I'll do this by taking a tolerant stance, which may sound something like this: "Maybe it works for you, but not for me. It's just not my style." I'm not rejecting your idea, but I don't agree with it either. An 8-fixer would not really care about ending an argument peacefully.

Situations like this are why I can't decide in the first place. I don't really care about ending the argument peacefully, but I have nothing against it either. As some of you may have seen, sometimes I will try to drop an argument quickly, because I just don't think it's worth it, other times I'll dig my heels in and defend my stance long past the point where other would have given up.

Burger King

How do people react to you, the presence you exude? Do they think you're intimidating, a ninja, etc etc?? These questions are stupid, but bear with me. It's my opinion that it will manifest itself a certain way. For example, type 8 is usually very expansive, dominating, and comfortable in their environment. The timeless article on personalitycafe site associates type 8 with the Freudian concept of the id. From wikipedia:
The id is unconscious by definition:
"It is the dark, inaccessible part of our personality, what little we know of it we have learned from our study of the Dreamwork and of the construction of neurotic symptoms, and most of that is of a negative character and can be described only as a contrast to the ego. We approach the id with analogies: we call it a chaos, a cauldron full of seething excitations.... It is filled with energy reaching it from the instincts, but it has no organization, produces no collective will, but only a striving to bring about the satisfaction of the instinctual needs subject to the observance of the pleasure principle."
You can see why type 8 is associated with the id and the passion of lust, therefore you can probably imagine how that manifests itself in the phycial form - an assertive and expansive energy. Of course it's usually not as dramatic as the descriptions make it out to be.

Situations like this are why I can't decide in the first place. I don't really care about ending the argument peacefully, but I have nothing against it either. As some of you may have seen, sometimes I will try to drop an argument quickly, because I just don't think it's worth it, other times I'll dig my heels in and defend my stance long past the point where other would have given up.

You enjoy the conflict or something? Or is simply cuz they stepped on your ideals?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do people react to you, the presence you exude? Do they think you're intimidating, a ninja, etc etc?
I honestly don't know how to answer this one.

You enjoy the conflict or something? Or is simply cuz they stepped on your ideals?
It's a little bit of both. If you step on an ideal, that's a guaranteed way to make me argue, or at least get pissed off at you. But sometimes, I enjoy arguing simply for the sake of arguing. Usually when I have personal experience or above general knowledge on a topic. (Plus, I sometimes get a little amusement out of picking apart other people's arguments.)

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about anger? How do you express it? And how do you feel afterwards?

...Express it? I try not to... Mainly because it's difficult for me to control myself when I let my anger go.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great, now I'm even more confused.

Burger King

...Express it? I try not to... Mainly because it's difficult for me to control myself when I let my anger go.

If you were an 8 gut fix, then you would be a triple reactive (4-6-8), which would push you more along the counterphobic description of a 6. Do you consider yourself more phobic or counterphobic?

My opinion (take it for what it's worth), you are either a 1 or 9 gut-fix. I lean towards 1 because you are less denying of anger and your relation to conflict doesn't sound very 9-ish. Also, what I quoted from you sounds like how 1s deal with anger. Sounds to me like you view it as bad - something that conflicts with your inner ideal, so you try to control it. That's why e1s typically express themselves in the form of impatience, frustration, or some form of visible annoyance.

There's only so much I can read into from what you told me dude. I probably totally off. If this didn't help, then sorry. I tried.