• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Poll Time

What's my JCF type?

• INFP

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • ENFP

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • ISTJ

• ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • ESFP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• INFJ

• ENFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• Total voters

Nicodemus

Because I don't believe that JCF and Ennagram are intrinsically connected; ergo any JCF can be paired with any Ennagram type.
Both systems offer descriptions of personality traits, in part of different areas, in part covering common ground. If one describes the common ground as a valley and the other as a hill, then either one is or both are wrong.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh, no. MBTI may be based off of Jung, but it is twisted into something so wholly different that the two can't really be compatible with each other; they are two very different systems. MBTI is based off of Jung's 4 dichotomies but it doesn't incorporate all of them into one state of mind (unlike any Jung type which uses Sx, Nx, Tx, and Fx), rather it splits them apart as necessary opposites. Furthermore it reinterprets the deeper meaning of those functions; Extravert and Introvert isn't merely a means of attention to the outer world vs. attention to the inner world in MBTI, but rather it's whether one is more people and social oriented or more private and solitary oriented. Feeling isn't about values and Thinking isn't about standards, rather it's literally feeling and thinking as an opposite. So when some thinks I'm such a type because I seem to be 'IN', then we're talking about a totally different system here, because in Jung, 'IN' is either INTJ, INFJ, INFP, and INTP. None of those types fit into the same function bracket.

So if I were to take one source of information on this (Wikipedia), why in the MBTI table are cognitive functions listed in order for each type? Why is there lack of agreement on the attitude of the tertiary? Do you see anything that describes them as "so wholly different that the two can't really be compatible with each other" and that they are "two very different systems"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian_cognitive_functions

I think the shift to cognitive functions is good because it leads to greater depth of understanding but I do not view them as wholly different at all.

Edit: I just realized something. You actually think your JCF type and MBTI type can be different. Such a thing has never even occurred to me because I view the two things as being so integrally related to each other (that is JCF and MBTI).

A

Anew Leaf

Because I don't believe that JCF and Ennagram are intrinsically connected; ergo any JCF can be paired with any Ennagram type.

Maybe 'close-minded' wasn't the right word to use, or perhaps it was a tad too strong to describe what I was trying to say.

As for credible IxTJ 7 or IxTJ Xw7, I know that there's a member on the forums (and PersonalityCafe) who goes by the name Stephen, of whom types ISTJ 6w7. As for more Pi dominant 7 types, I would need to go through some of my older type archives to find more examples which I may do later.

I haven't been aware of this change in my posts; do you mean that I'm trying to come off as to 'INTJ'-ish?

That may be a reason to consider Ne > Ni. I read in a thread on PersonalityNation where sinulatedworld mentioned that Ni types often don't share in ideas that they're confidant about, while Ne types often need external output to their ideas in order to find validity in them. I think by this point, yeah, INTJ is probably not a type to consider for myself at all.

Actually I wouldn't rule out INFP either (only because I would sooner consider myself Te inferior as opposed to Si inferior due to my rejection or external structures when it pleases me, but this still requires more thinking and information before I can be fully certain).

@bolded areas as I am lazy.

Yes, I do think you are trying to portray yourself as a type you wish to be.

I am starting to think you are ENFP over INFP because you sort of have an aura of being Elfboy Jr, the degree to which I wasn't as aware of until I did 2 minutes of research.

Also PersonalityNation is to cheese as Carpet bugs are to America.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am starting to think you are ENFP over INFP because you sort of have an aura of being Elfboy Jr, the degree to which I wasn't as aware of until I did 2 minutes of research.

I'm not sure if I should consider that (aura similar to Elfboy) a good thing or not . . .

Also PersonalityNation is to cheese as Carpet bugs are to America.

It's not the site, but rather SimulatedWorld's judgemnet and knowledge that I trust. However, upon rereading his own type profiles (he has an in depth analysis of each JCF type and it's functions), I think I do find myself relating more to the ENFP as opposed to the ISTJ or INFP ones.