• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay so it's me again...

Nicki

Retired
Haha, fair point. I've done that when I'm really lazy. That's a good way about it.
That's a pretty significant thing about Fi which is missing you know, usually actions, goals and desires all relate back to Fi values. So lets take a look at your Fi and see it's nature. You've mentioned not being violent is one of your values, but what else is there? And if you can, give a quick reason as to why you value it.
Do you ever feel like your inner feelings is telling you something that will unfold, how do you experience it? When you go against it, is it something you end up regretting? Apart from emotional breakdown of course. Why do you wish to be successful? For people to aspire to you, or believe in you? It's interesting that you say Se is your least used function, when straight after you follow with something that sounds very much Se. When it comes to being spontaneous, does the urge come from simply wanting to enjoy the moment, or do you find yourself procrastinating alot and looking for distractions? You'd likely experience two of these, but which do you experience most often?

I see. Well Ni isn't just about a vision of the future, actually that probably is only just a small part of it. It's hard for one to really define Ni, it always have this mysterious quality about it. It's not a clear cut thing. When coming to a decision or judgement of any kind, do you go by what you think is right (gut feeling) or do you prefer getting all the information you can at hand, and draw up a conclusion you can't really explain? Ah, I wouldn't beat yourself up over feeling paranoid and oversensitive when you are stressed. It's normal. Whoever says they don't ever feel that way at times is either very content or simply lying. Ah, so you get angry when someone doesn't see your point? Or what you believe?

Good. No need to feed that cycle of burden. We got enough fucked up people as it is who can't exercise their responsibilities of being an adult. Ha, that sounds about right. I can relate to that. Just because they live long enough to a certain age, have the ability to knock someone up, doesn't mean that have the emotional maturity or have even learnt how to be responsible for themselves. Personally I absolutely detest people around my age acting like they are mature enough to take anything and everything. Then come complaining about things they could of easily avoided if they took the a moment out to really reflect on where their actions will take them. People shouting "Yolo" is like a stab to the ear. Haha. The unfortunate reality is that for reasons said and unsaid you didn't grow up in a house where parents behaved as parents. The older they get usually the worse habits become, there is always the little bit of light where maybe you can get them to see where they went wrong. But even if someone can see how they aren't responsible, doesn't mean they'll ever get the desire to be.
If its common enough for you to say that, then it probably is haha.
In my city it's like that in majority of places, although gun crimes and stabbings are a more rare occurrence, and happen between gang feuds over drugs. However, you're are more likely to get assaulted here than in america, but you're more likely to die in america than here. I find that rather amusing haha.

Same here haha. I do it, but reluctantly. I don't want to be a hypocrite. Hmm kinda. I think sometimes those tests can be inaccurate. Only from wanting to enjoy the moment, I hate procrastinating and when it happens, it's usually because I've been too focused on planning things out than actually doing something. It seems like it's part of the subconscious. Actually, that does happen quite a lot but I thought that was just following your gut than actual Ni. Oh okay. First I explain, but if someone doesn't see my point and they're derisive about it, then I get pretty angry. I don't think anyone knows about what I believe in. I don't share those things with others.

I agree completely with you. I dislike that too. So many terrible consequences could be avoided if people just thought once in a while. I don't get why people started using yolo. I mean didn't we all know that we only lived once? Did a song have to teach us that? Is it that shocking of a revelation that people use it constantly? If you don't mind me asking, what city do you live in? I'd understand if you don't want to share it, after all, this is the Internet. Oh I see.

Nicki

Retired
Oh I have quite a lot of values but they all revolve around not doing the things that make me angry in others, to avoid being a hypocrite. For example, I try to be objective about my feelings so I don't end up losing my emotional cool and end up saying something I regret. Although I could apologize, I know sorry doesn't really cut it most of the times. I developed that because of my parents. I also try not to treat someone unfairly based on appearance, race, gender, and age. I try to avoid being racist and misogynist. Also, I absolutely have to stand up for what I believe in or else I feel like I'm not being true to myself and feel disgusted.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Same here haha. I do it, but reluctantly. I don't want to be a hypocrite. Hmm kinda. I think sometimes those tests can be inaccurate. Only from wanting to enjoy the moment, I hate procrastinating and when it happens, it's usually because I've been too focused on planning things out than actually doing something. It seems like it's part of the subconscious. Actually, that does happen quite a lot but I thought that was just following your gut than actual Ni. Oh okay. First I explain, but if someone doesn't see my point and they're derisive about it, then I get pretty angry. I don't think anyone knows about what I believe in. I don't share those things with others.

I agree completely with you. I dislike that too. So many terrible consequences could be avoided if people just thought once in a while. I don't get why people started using yolo. I mean didn't we all know that we only lived once? Did a song have to teach us that? Is it that shocking of a revelation that people use it constantly? If you don't mind me asking, what city do you live in? I'd understand if you don't want to share it, after all, this is the Internet. Oh I see.

Oh I have quite a lot of values but they all revolve around not doing the things that make me angry in others, to avoid being a hypocrite. For example, I try to be objective about my feelings so I don't end up losing my emotional cool and end up saying something I regret. Although I could apologize, I know sorry doesn't really cut it most of the times. I developed that because of my parents. I also try not to treat someone unfairly based on appearance, race, gender, and age. I try to avoid being racist and misogynist. Also, I absolutely have to stand up for what I believe in or else I feel like I'm not being true to myself and feel disgusted.

Haha. Fair enough. I'm sure with enough self checks you can avoid it before it happens. Which tests are you talking about? From what you are describing sounds like you have abit of Se going. With age this probably will get stronger for you as well. I can really see how you relate to other types I know with tertiary Se. It's very often described as Ni that gut feeling. Si types experience it aswell but it's more of a "I already know from my own and others experience. I remember well." Ni comes more in realisations and seemingly out of nowhere. It's not a very direct thing in a sense. That's reasonable, no one would appreciate being mocked for what they understand. Do you not share what you believe in because it is something you simply wish kept private, or is there more reason to it?

Yeah, alot could, but no one, absolutely no one always follows through with that kind of thing. I've made some pretty dumb mistakes by ignoring the obvious signs also. But shit, some people just don't stop lol. Hahaha, awesome way to put the yolo. I havn't even heard the song, and I don't think most people here in australia has either yet people keep saying it.
I live in Sydney, Australia. I don't mind sharing those kind of details. How about yourself, if you wish to share?

Okay, so whatever you dislike you try not to do yourself. Fair enough. Those are pretty run of the mill democratic western values haha. :)
I think you may be right about you having developed Fi earlier. It definitely fits. Especially how your Te overrides it. You put aside the emotion so you don't lose that objectivity. Don't be surprised or even feel bad if Fi is your inferior function, this function is just as important and we can use it very well. That's why some INFP's can actually be pretty damn organised and thorough. With Te inferior being developed.

Nicki

Retired
I hope so. Those cognitive functions tests like the one at PersonalityCafe, Keys2Cognition, etc. Oh okay. Ah, I see. It's simply something I wish to keep private though I also don't want my values to be manipulated against me. We all have haha. Lol it seems that way. Thanks haha. Really? Is it used everywhere? I live in Florida, United States. How's Australia like? Haha yes, when I become an adult, I'll probably be a liberal democrat. Ah okay. Yes, I don't want to be biased because of my values. Ah I see. How's Te like for you?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope so. Those cognitive functions tests like the one at PersonalityCafe, Keys2Cognition, etc. Oh okay. Ah, I see. It's simply something I wish to keep private though I also don't want my values to be manipulated against me. We all have haha. Lol it seems that way. Thanks haha. Really? Is it used everywhere? I live in Florida, United States. How's Australia like? Haha yes, when I become an adult, I'll probably be a liberal democrat. Ah okay. Yes, I don't want to be biased because of my values. Ah I see. How's Te like for you?

Honestly though, at some point you do create a double standard whether intentional or not. We aren't ment to be perfect. When this happens we just rectify it. It's when we consistently impose that flawed standard on others is when there is a real issue. And your values won't be manipulated if you make sure you hold yourself to that same standard. :p if you cant then maybe consider you hold people to a somewhat unrealistic standard and adjust. I had major problems with this recently, not reflecting on how I actually make others feel, just thinking what I think I make them feel.

Ah okay, well maybe you do have a bit of Ni in you. So far every secondary Ni type I've met has it hidden. Only the older ones seem to acknowledge its importance and make use of it while the ones my age are all just Se focused. These are the people I mentioned earlier that repeat the same mistakes. Over and over. If you are ENTJ don't be afraid to tap into that part of yourself. Its a little more important than Fi. For the next few years.

Idk about all over but American media is pretty wide spread haha. My sister and alot of her friends (especially islanders) all have the "swag" stereotype going on. Its kinda amusing, and annoying having to deal with its idiosyncrasies.

Australias big, with a small population. Everything takes 3 years to get here and we have over inflated prices but alot of stability and security (jobwise) to make up for it. Americans who come here tell me that its alot more laid back here. Which is partly true lol.

Liberal democrat eh? You looking to get into politics or is this just a view?

Te for me is a little unruly and inconsistent. Example, my room is generally unorganised but when I do get cleaning ill try and make it perfect, only to just mess it up again with scattered paperwork and clothes haha.

Nicki

Retired
Honestly though, at some point you do create a double standard whether intentional or not. We aren't ment to be perfect. When this happens we just rectify it. It's when we consistently impose that flawed standard on others is when there is a real issue. And your values won't be manipulated if you make sure you hold yourself to that same standard. :p if you cant then maybe consider you hold people to a somewhat unrealistic standard and adjust. I had major problems with this recently, not reflecting on how I actually make others feel, just thinking what I think I make them feel.

Ah okay, well maybe you do have a bit of Ni in you. So far every secondary Ni type I've met has it hidden. Only the older ones seem to acknowledge its importance and make use of it while the ones my age are all just Se focused. These are the people I mentioned earlier that repeat the same mistakes. Over and over. If you are ENTJ don't be afraid to tap into that part of yourself. Its a little more important than Fi. For the next few years.

Idk about all over but American media is pretty wide spread haha. My sister and alot of her friends (especially islanders) all have the "swag" stereotype going on. Its kinda amusing, and annoying having to deal with its idiosyncrasies.

Australias big, with a small population. Everything takes 3 years to get here and we have over inflated prices but alot of stability and security (jobwise) to make up for it. Americans who come here tell me that its alot more laid back here. Which is partly true lol.

Liberal democrat eh? You looking to get into politics or is this just a view?

Te for me is a little unruly and inconsistent. Example, my room is generally unorganised but when I do get cleaning ill try and make it perfect, only to just mess it up again with scattered paperwork and clothes haha.

Mhm, I have a lot of rules for my behavior that I make sure follow to a T. Oh I see. Okay, I'll try. Omg really? Ah okay, that seems pretty great. I'm actually not sure. One of my backup plans involves becoming a political scientist. Oh haha. My room is organized chaos to be honest haha.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mhm, I have a lot of rules for my behavior that I make sure follow to a T. Oh I see. Okay, I'll try. Omg really? Ah okay, that seems pretty great. I'm actually not sure. One of my backup plans involves becoming a political scientist. Oh haha. My room is organized chaos to be honest haha.

That is good then.
A political scientist as a backup? I think your Te will truly serve you well in that kind of field I can imagine.
Haha, organised chaos? What would that look like?

Nicki

Retired
That is good then.
A political scientist as a backup? I think your Te will truly serve you well in that kind of field I can imagine.
Haha, organised chaos? What would that look like?

Mhm, I have 4 maybe plans for the future and I'm trying to research them thoroughly in order to decide which plan will be A, B, C, D. Whilst still preparing for them. Like I keep certain notebooks, books, post it notes, and pictures in seeming random places to inspire me.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mhm, I have 4 maybe plans for the future and I'm trying to research them thoroughly in order to decide which plan will be A, B, C, D. Whilst still preparing for them. Like I keep certain notebooks, books, post it notes, and pictures in seeming random places to inspire me.

Oh well sounds like your quite serious about your future career. :) what are the other two plans?

Nicki

Retired
Entrepreneur and fashion designer. What about you? What are your plans for the future?

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Entrepreneur and fashion designer. What about you? What are your plans for the future?

Entrepreneur! Did you have a business in mind that you want to start up?
You seem alot like a friend of mine. She's aiming to be atleast one of these things: international lawyer, human rights activist, fashion designer.

Mine are pretty simplistic. Career wise I'm finishing off studies to get into Information and Technology.
I've got no big dreams. Since I was a kid the only thing I really wanted was to have a family to call my own.
It's my slice of contentment haha.

Nicki

Retired
Entrepreneur! Did you have a business in mind that you want to start up?
You seem alot like a friend of mine. She's aiming to be atleast one of these things: international lawyer, human rights activist, fashion designer.

Mine are pretty simplistic. Career wise I'm finishing off studies to get into Information and Technology.
I've got no big dreams. Since I was a kid the only thing I really wanted was to have a family to call my own.
It's my slice of contentment haha.

I was thinking some sort of candy business. I find the process of candy making very fascinating and lovely though I'd have to research some more. Oh that's really interesting! How is she like? Ah, I see. That sounds nice. What made you interested in starting a family? Oh haha.