• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay so it's me again...

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah I see. I was the same way actually. That's why I thought I was an ENFJ for a while, turns out it was well developed Fi. Hmm what do you think about the descriptions of INFJs and INFPs?

Descriptions as in profiles i think you mean.
Well...if we are gonna go by profiles im more similar to INFJ then INFP.
If we are gonna go through some random facts about INFPs, like dreamy, fantasy driven, fairy tale type...yeah then im definitely an INFP.
I tend not to look into profiles as method of typing - i would rather base my type on functions. But profile has to agree as at least a bit with you.
There are some essential things you can't miss.

In case that i am Ti user...im probably less developed in that Fe and i use it in general forum which means it goes in my tert. or inferior function.
Or i can be in dominant tert loop which would make finding of my type rather difficult.
In case i am Fi user...i am most probably INFP.
And even if i do correlate with Ni a lot...the way i work...it's probably that i am Ne user more likely.

Are you sure you can have well developed inferior function in you age? You are ENTJ now, aren't you?
With ages we develop functions in order...you should now develop your aux. Ni. But...you do seem like Fi inferior i will tell you that.

Nicki

Retired
Descriptions as in profiles i think you mean.
Well...if we are gonna go by profiles im more similar to INFJ then INFP.
If we are gonna go through some random facts about INFPs, like dreamy, fantasy driven, fairy tale type...yeah then im definitely an INFP.
I tend not to look into profiles as method of typing - i would rather base my type on functions. But profile has to agree as at least a bit with you.
There are some essential things you can't miss.

In case that i am Ti user...im probably less developed in that Fe and i use it in general forum which means it goes in my tert. or inferior function.
Or i can be in dominant tert loop which would make finding of my type rather difficult.
In case i am Fi user...i am most probably INFP.
And even if i do correlate with Ni a lot...the way i work...it's probably that i am Ne user more likely.

Are you sure you can have well developed inferior function in you age? You are ENTJ now, aren't you?
With ages we develop functions in order...you should now develop your aux. Ni. But...you do seem like Fi inferior i will tell you that.

Ah I see. Hmm have you posted in a forum about this? Yup, I've been unhealthy for half of my life so over the course of that, I learned to develop Fi positively. I really resonate with that cognitive function. But Te's still my dominant function. My functions are a bit odd since along with depression, I came from an abusive home. I was stuck in an Ni-Fi loop for that unhealthy part of my life. Te was still there but it really blossomed when I become healthier. I'm working on Ni, healthy Ni, now actually. Really? How so?

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah I see. Hmm have you posted in a forum about this? Yup, I've been unhealthy for half of my life so over the course of that, I learned to develop Fi positively. I really resonate with that cognitive function. But Te's still my dominant function. My functions are a bit odd since along with depression, I came from an abusive home. I was stuck in an Ni-Fi loop for that unhealthy part of my life. Te was still there but it really blossomed when I become healthier. I'm working on Ni, healthy Ni, now actually. Really? How so?

It's you comment "you don't have to be sry...it's not your fault"...it's a way of rejecting feeling function and putting external logic in front of it. You see Fi dom types ask for understanding and they would say "thank you so much...i like your compassion" - smth in that style. Someone who puts logic in front says an obvious fact...not your fault. I know it's a maybe lame arguments but it's an argument in my head lol

Yes i have posted on this forum about it. My thread is the one on this part of the forum "Advice on my type". It's right under this one.

Nicki

Retired
It's you comment "you don't have to be sry...it's not your fault"...it's a way of rejecting feeling function and putting external logic in front of it. You see Fi dom types ask for understanding and they would say "thank you so much...i like your compassion" - smth in that style. Someone who puts logic in front says an obvious fact...not your fault. I know it's a maybe lame arguments but it's an argument in my head lol

Yes i have posted on this forum about it. My thread is the one on this part of the forum "Advice on my type". It's right under this one.

I think that's over reading general statements, no offense. Not all Fi types, that's generalizing. Haha, I see. You really seem like an ISTP, you're uncannily similar to an ISTP I knew.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that's over reading general statements, no offense. Not all Fi types, that's generalizing. Haha, I see. You really seem like an ISTP, you're uncannily similar to an ISTP I knew.

Even if this is generalizing...what it's not about putting people in 16 boxes?
Even if they all say look at the functions and not descriptions, functions are nothing more then descriptions as well.
i look like an ISTP? i do?

Nicki

Retired
Even if this is generalizing...what it's not about putting people in 16 boxes?
Even if they all say look at the functions and not descriptions, functions are nothing more then descriptions as well.
i look like an ISTP? i do?

Ehh two people of the same type can still be completely different people. They just share the same dominant function and the same inferior function. The cognitive functions tend to be less biased though. A lot of descriptions are either biased against Sensors. Yup, you do.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ehh two people of the same type can still be completely different people. They just share the same dominant function and the same inferior function. The cognitive functions tend to be less biased though. A lot of descriptions are either biased against Sensors. Yup, you do.

Yes i know once there was a thread where one ISFP claimed they always look like dumb dumbs in front of INFP description.
There is a possibility that Ns tend to get a better slice of cake always.
Why do i look like ISTP?

Nicki

Retired
Yes i know once there was a thread where one ISFP claimed they always look like dumb dumbs in front of INFP description.
There is a possibility that Ns tend to get a better slice of cake always.
Why do i look like ISTP?

Oh haha "dumb dumbs." Hmm, definitely on the Internet, not so much in real life. The way you describe things looks like Se and you really seem like a T so either ISTP or ESTP. Se doesn't seem to be your dominant function as you yourself described it as not being too strong for you so ISTP.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh haha "dumb dumbs." Hmm, definitely on the Internet, not so much in real life. The way you describe things looks like Se and you really seem like a T so either ISTP or ESTP. Se doesn't seem to be your dominant function as you yourself described it as not being too strong for you so ISTP.

Funny thing you say that. I always thought my Se was my shit function. I often feel very disconnected from physical. And i am very inwardly focused to my thoughts.
I think i am a thinker more then a feeler. I handle things by analyzing and i think i more thoughts focused then emotions focused. I'm focused on emotions in very general sense...less refined. that's why when i discuss then i sound black and white. Why do i seem like a thinker to you?
But ISTP is very hard to believe to me. I knew if i even read a profile i will disagree with everything. I am not handy and i am very clumsy. I often don't notice surroundings. I think sensing function is not how i come out from introverted function.
That and i am more talking then doing in a way. As in i am more verbal person then practical person.

Nicki

Retired
Funny thing you say that. I always thought my Se was my shit function. I often feel very disconnected from physical. And i am very inwardly focused to my thoughts.
I think i am a thinker more then a feeler. I handle things by analyzing and i think i more thoughts focused then emotions focused. I'm focused on emotions in very general sense...less refined. that's why when i discuss then i sound black and white. Why do i seem like a thinker to you?
But ISTP is very hard to believe to me. I knew if i even read a profile i will disagree with everything. I am not handy and i am very clumsy. I often don't notice surroundings. I think sensing function is not how i come out from introverted function.
That and i am more talking then doing in a way. As in i am more verbal person then practical person.

Maybe that's Ti? How old are you? Actually the feeling functions don't have anything to do with emotion. Feelings functions might make you more susceptible to emotional input though. You seem pretty analytical. A lot of those profiles are biased against sensors, especially SPs. Not every ISTP's handy. Hmm how do you start off a day? What makes you feel happy and fulfilled?

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe that's Ti? How old are you? Actually the feeling functions don't have anything to do with emotion. Feelings functions might make you more susceptible to emotional input though. You seem pretty analytical. A lot of those profiles are biased against sensors, especially SPs. Not every ISTP's handy. Hmm how do you start off a day? What makes you feel happy and fulfilled?

Well...i get up...make coffee and sit and chill with lap top or i go town with a friend for a coffee.
What makes me happy is online chat with different people, good physical shape makes me feel in place, like to chill out in coffee
shops.discovering new info about topics of interest. Having a good story to tell to my friends. Good conversation topics.
Physical condition is a problem often cuz i was training for 15 years and i like to keep up now i stopped training. I often get very disturbed and annoyed with physical and in the same time i have need for it. Love and hate relationship really.
Also im 22.

Nicki

Retired
Well...i get up...make coffee and sit and chill with lap top or i go town with a friend for a coffee.
What makes me happy is online chat with different people, good physical shape makes me feel in place, like to chill out in coffee
shops.discovering new info about topics of interest. Having a good story to tell to my friends. Good conversation topics.
Physical condition is a problem often cuz i was training for 15 years and i like to keep up now i stopped training. I often get very disturbed and annoyed with physical and in the same time i have need for it. Love and hate relationship really.
Also im 22.

Woah you sound like an ESTP actually. There's a lot of Se in what you typed.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Woah you sound like an ESTP actually. There's a lot of Se in what you typed.

I do, do i? I am aware of what this...reflects in me. Reflects an easy living. Very comfortable living, smth ESTPs would like.

Could be i do use Se as one of my functions. But these things i do are not completely me, they are my life style and that is under condition of me being a student and living that popular life of coffee shops and friends which student have here.

I maybe do use Se but i am having a very hard time believing it as my dominant function.
Why? Let me explain my physical activity fixation. I am rather lazy ass and i like to enjoy myself so i like to do physical activity so i can have a well deserved rest which feels good. But it annoys me when i feel ill for example because it disturbs me because i function that badly. So i blame physicality for making my life difficult.
I often have repressed anger about enjoying myself with no connotation on smth deeper. It makes me feel rather "shallow" in a way.
I don't take Se so easily but i don't exclude it either, i like to have balance between physical pleasure and meaning of smth deeper with an emphasis of needing smth more then physical.
I maybe do use Se but as ESTPs does? hmmm i know few ESTPs and honestly they are smth different from me. I am not as smooth operator.

Nicki

Retired
I do, do i? I am aware of what this...reflects in me. Reflects an easy living. Very comfortable living, smth ESTPs would like.

Could be i do use Se as one of my functions. But these things i do are not completely me, they are my life style and that is under condition of me being a student and living that popular life of coffee shops and friends which student have here.

I maybe do use Se but i am having a very hard time believing it as my dominant function.
Why? Let me explain my physical activity fixation. I am rather lazy ass and i like to enjoy myself so i like to do physical activity so i can have a well deserved rest which feels good. But it annoys me when i feel ill for example because it disturbs me because i function that badly. So i blame physicality for making my life difficult.
I often have repressed anger about enjoying myself with no connotation on smth deeper. It makes me feel rather "shallow" in a way.
I don't take Se so easily but i don't exclude it either, i like to have balance between physical pleasure and meaning of smth deeper with an emphasis of needing smth more then physical.
I maybe do use Se but as ESTPs does? hmmm i know few ESTPs and honestly they are smth different from me. I am not as smooth operator.

Haha SPs can be lazy sometimes. Hmm do you feel angry about enjoying yourself in a more values-oriented way or a more analysis-oriented way? Not all ESTPs are smooth operator though they tend to be. If their Fe isn't developed well, they could come off more blunt than anything else.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha SPs can be lazy sometimes. Hmm do you feel angry about enjoying yourself in a more values-oriented way or a more analysis-oriented way? Not all ESTPs are smooth operator though they tend to be. If their Fe isn't developed well, they could come off more blunt than anything else.

Nope not values oriented. It's just when i think of it, i would like a balance between these things. To be honest...makes a package more qualitative and presentable. But also feels like smth that makes me complete. I do it more in maths way. This plus this makes a whole.
To be honest, i am 22...and i am starting to feel lately i am developing certain feeling function now. Like i am developing better way to operate with people.
In a way i always had a big feeling of responsibility towards people. For example i often do a lot of tasks to make things good, usually people are motives and getting things i want in my life.
Damn if i am an ESTP...i will be seriously surprised. But i will be hones ti feel i am developing lately Fe as a function that helps me operate people and understand them better. I am also lately surrounded with many Fe users which maybe made me go into a contact with function.

Nicki

Retired
Nope not values oriented. It's just when i think of it, i would like a balance between these things. To be honest...makes a package more qualitative and presentable. But also feels like smth that makes me complete. I do it more in maths way. This plus this makes a whole.
To be honest, i am 22...and i am starting to feel lately i am developing certain feeling function now. Like i am developing better way to operate with people.
In a way i always had a big feeling of responsibility towards people. For example i often do a lot of tasks to make things good, usually people are motives and getting things i want in my life.
Damn if i am an ESTP...i will be seriously surprised. But i will be hones ti feel i am developing lately Fe as a function that helps me operate people and understand them better. I am also lately surrounded with many Fe users which maybe made me go into a contact with function.

That could be your tertiary Fe developing. Your tertiary function is supposed to develop from ages 20 to 40. Also your first paragraph sounded a lot like Ti.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That could be your tertiary Fe developing. Your tertiary function is supposed to develop from ages 20 to 40. Also your first paragraph sounded a lot like Ti.

I get your point...could be i use that combo of functions Ti and Fe.
I sometimes really wonder when i will be able to find out my type. I have such a hard time recognizing myself and seeing myself.

Nicki

Retired
I get your point...could be i use that combo of functions Ti and Fe.
I sometimes really wonder when i will be able to find out my type. I have such a hard time recognizing myself and seeing myself.

Probably. I think you use Ti over Fe though which leaves ESTP, ENTP, INTP, or ISTP, and you seem like you use Se. You also said you correlate more to Ni than Ne. Hmm would it be possible that you've been stuck in a Ti-Ni loop? That would explain why you're uncomfortable with Se but still use it. I feel you, it was like that for me too.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably. I think you use Ti over Fe though which leaves ESTP, ENTP, INTP, or ISTP, and you seem like you use Se. You also said you correlate more to Ni than Ne. Hmm would it be possible that you've been stuck in a Ti-Ni loop? That would explain why you're uncomfortable with Se but still use it. I feel you, it was like that for me too.

I was thinking of a possible loop which could make my typing difficult. That is very possible.
Because i simply feel in between everything and can't place any function as my inferior one.
It is simply that if i would say now i use Se, Ni, Ti, Fe...i wouldn't know how to make an order of these functions.
Maybe a type myself rigidly as intuitive cuz i deny sensing function.
U see i am not sure...i should check out tertiary loop.
I have been typed initially as INTP and then ENTP by the way.
I have certain preference for Fe in a way of handling people, Fe skills are very good to me.
Ni is smth i correlate to and often i test to strong on introverted functions.
Could be a loop in question. I ad bad experiences with people which made me very suspicious of others. And i have problems really trusting and i often get disappointed in people and it hurts me in a bad way.
If that is my loop we stay with INFJ or ISTP. Hard to say...but i know i see myself a lot in INFJ profile and basically description of young Ni users (INJ description).