• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay so it's me again...

Nicki

Retired
Yeah, you seem to be doing well too... :) Something that can be taken out of being 15 is that you would feel like that you have absolutely no time to do anything, well at least that's what I would remember from that age. Later, like, it took me until now to find out that most of the time I worried about, not doing anything, but I didn't notice, in the meantime I was overlooking everything that I actually had around me. I mean 18 is not so far away, and when I get there it's going to be just me, by myself, applying myself like a worker bee to the rest of the world. The thing is, it's not just an idea anymore, - that's the thing I'm actually going to have to deal with now, like the one problem that surrounds me right now, this instant while I type this. A lot of other things come to mind to, like now I understand why seniors always complained about their workload, I can't find the motivation alone to do anything for myself anymore.

At this point we kinda get to realize, that if had spent more time actually building* who we are, and fixing* our mistakes, like being a more positive person, and having more chill moments, is better than getting in that band*, or getting in the debating team, or whatever you have in mind. Because if we did do that, and we did fixate on our mistakes, and became positive people, the rest of the things we would have wanted, would have followed accordingly. Not saying you wouldn't have to apply for the debating club, it's just that opportunities open up for the people who are nicer and are 'better' or more understanding. People who seize the moment. I also remember coming onto TypeC and acting much wiser than I actually was :D not to say you're like that but I'm just saying... don't be like that if you are. It will come back to haunt you, because when something comes to remind you that you're not all that cut out to be that thing, it will burn you down. :/ I feel so bad because I think some other people tried to teach me the same stuff when I was 15 and obviously I wasn't really applying any of it to my own life. Because I was too trivial, easy-going, laugable or whatever the word. I mean there are times when you just have to sit down, and make sure you're not treating your life as a game, and actually making rational decisions, and pondering whether you're truly doing the 'right' thing.

Thanks a lot! Haha that's exactly how I feel now. I feel like life's going by much too fast and that by the time I reach adulthood, I won't have anything planned and life won't be as great as I expected it to be. Ah I see. I feel like that's something that I need to do more of, seize the moment. The problem with being an NJ is that you're so much of a long-term thinker and future planner that you sometimes forget about actually living in the present because you're too preoccupied with how things are going to be like for you in around 5 years or so. LOL and I see, thanks. Oh okay, don't worry, I'll try to do that. How did all of that hit you?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks a lot! Haha that's exactly how I feel now. I feel like life's going by much too fast and that by the time I reach adulthood, I won't have anything planned and life won't be as great as I expected it to be. Ah I see. I feel like that's something that I need to do more of, seize the moment. The problem with being an NJ is that you're so much of a long-term thinker and future planner that you sometimes forget about actually living in the present because you're too preoccupied with how things are going to be like for you in around 5 years or so. LOL and I see, thanks. Oh okay, don't worry, I'll try to do that. How did all of that hit you?

Haha. Glad that helped, I actually thought that it was just going to be another one of those incoherent ramblings I do, but since it helped in some way I'm guessing it's not at all ..? aha

But you shouldn't worry, it's just that your final year is going to actually be about that stuff where you finally finalize what you're planning to do with your career, it's probably not going to be due to how you've planned stuff prior. The 'final result' is actually based on how well you can look back and inside to who you are, and see what you've actually 'picked up' as a person.

To be honest this information hit me like a ton of bricks. Though, I guess I can just keep moving toward that goal of politics/law, cause even though I've been constantly reminded by life's situations that I'm not the most verbally articulate person, and probably the least verbally articulate person, I believe that one time in grade 5 where I made a speech in front of a school as "president" is worth sticking by. I mean all those times that I actually was either encouraged toward a goal or did something that was worthwhile was due to the fact that 'I' did it. Those are the things that are actually useful in determining whether or not there is any plan for the future with me in it.

I guess if I could go back and tell my 15 year old self anything it's that,"it's true you've been taking a lot of emotional abuse from people, but that doesn't give you any right to give conditional love back to people by cutting them out, or snapping back at them whenever conflict arises, learn to deal with it like you would expect another person to, and get by it, or life will learn to ignore and get by you, eventually.... stick to the fundamentals/'the-obvious' to clear things up when you think things get complicated, make sure you're actually taking experiences in, instead of just roleplaying yourself and expecting yourself to be a certain way, instead of actually living in the moment and dealing with the situations, that are practically your life... forget the marching band, the blood, sweat and tears will be no use to you whatsoever, invest that time in debating and speaking, if you can't do that don't even bother at all with anything but your studies, because anything goes... which marks the final lesson, you can get where you want to go, no matter what, it's just who you are while you get there, that should be your only concern, cause that's all that you're left with, in the end, wherever that end may be, at the end of year 12, or the end of retirement of the end of your life, your own self will always catch up". Another thing would be "See the good in everything", I think being brought up in somewhat of a conflicted home, allowed for my perspective of what's truly 'bleak' to be much more 'bleaker' than what anyone else could generate in their minds. I didn't bother to emphasize or encourage positive 'half glass full' thinking, because it didn't feel real, and I still doesn't feel real.

Along with this, I've also noticed that we tend to disregard things as obvious, without realizing the true importance of it, and in the end I'm just reaching the same conclusions, people who just bothered to look at things more positively did a few years back. Making way for the 'obvious' and keeping faith in those things, as well as everything else, that counteract faith in us, is practically the real world application of positive thinking. And I can't say one time where I fully applied positive thinking that it didn't actually work out for me. When positive thinking yields results that are likewise, you realize how real it actually is, and that's exactly why a person should keep faith, not just in times when everything goes right for them, but also in times when nothing seems to go right.

Hopefully this makes sense :D but I try, to express myself, sometimes.

Nicki

Retired
Haha. Glad that helped, I actually thought that it was just going to be another one of those incoherent ramblings I do, but since it helped in some way I'm guessing it's not at all ..? aha

But you shouldn't worry, it's just that your final year is going to actually be about that stuff where you finally finalize what you're planning to do with your career, it's probably not going to be due to how you've planned stuff prior. The 'final result' is actually based on how well you can look back and inside to who you are, and see what you've actually 'picked up' as a person.

To be honest this information hit me like a ton of bricks. Though, I guess I can just keep moving toward that goal of politics/law, cause even though I've been constantly reminded by life's situations that I'm not the most verbally articulate person, and probably the least verbally articulate person, I believe that one time in grade 5 where I made a speech in front of a school as "president" is worth sticking by. I mean all those times that I actually was either encouraged toward a goal or did something that was worthwhile was due to the fact that 'I' did it. Those are the things that are actually useful in determining whether or not there is any plan for the future with me in it.

I guess if I could go back and tell my 15 year old self anything it's that,"it's true you've been taking a lot of emotional abuse from people, but that doesn't give you any right to give conditional love back to people by cutting them out, or snapping back at them whenever conflict arises, learn to deal with it like you would expect another person to, and get by it, or life will learn to ignore and get by you, eventually.... stick to the fundamentals/'the-obvious' to clear things up when you think things get complicated, make sure you're actually taking experiences in, instead of just roleplaying yourself and expecting yourself to be a certain way, instead of actually living in the moment and dealing with the situations, that are practically your life... forget the marching band, the blood, sweat and tears will be no use to you whatsoever, invest that time in debating and speaking, if you can't do that don't even bother at all with anything but your studies, because anything goes... which marks the final lesson, you can get where you want to go, no matter what, it's just who you are while you get there, that should be your only concern, cause that's all that you're left with, in the end, wherever that end may be, at the end of year 12, or the end of retirement of the end of your life, your own self will always catch up". Another thing would be "See the good in everything", I think being brought up in somewhat of a conflicted home, allowed for my perspective of what's truly 'bleak' to be much more 'bleaker' than what anyone else could generate in their minds. I didn't bother to emphasize or encourage positive 'half glass full' thinking, because it didn't feel real, and I still doesn't feel real.

Along with this, I've also noticed that we tend to disregard things as obvious, without realizing the true importance of it, and in the end I'm just reaching the same conclusions, people who just bothered to look at things more positively did a few years back. Making way for the 'obvious' and keeping faith in those things, as well as everything else, that counteract faith in us, is practically the real world application of positive thinking. And I can't say one time where I fully applied positive thinking that it didn't actually work out for me. When positive thinking yields results that are likewise, you realize how real it actually is, and that's exactly why a person should keep faith, not just in times when everything goes right for them, but also in times when nothing seems to go right.

Hopefully this makes sense :D but I try, to express myself, sometimes.

oh god, that is a wall of text right there haha. but it made sense and it was very helpful. that makes a lot of sense and i understand where you're coming from. i agree, i try to practice positive thinking because of the law of attraction. when you expect great things, great things tend to happen.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sit here typing as I devour a delicious chicken pot pie, thinking about questions regarding who I am like, "What is my mbti type?" "Do I use Fi or Fe?" "What is my favorite color-berry or lime green?" I think I'm an extravert because I honestly truly do get excited when I have a conversation with someone. It makes my day a little brighter. The thing is though, I think of initiating conversation as a chore because of the initial stages of awkwardness. I'm pretty sure I'm an intuitive because I'm all about possibilities and the future. I'm a very goal-oriented person. I love keeping track of where I am, goal wise. I post a ton of post it notes with to do lists on them to my headboard every day. My social niceties revolve more about how I would feel if I were in someone's place than anything else. I love it when people are honest about what they feel. I try to avoid being a hypocrite and I like to think I rarely am hypocritical. I think more people should attempt to be compassionate. After all, we all make mistakes, insulting/hurting someone's feelings just makes things worse. I really hate it when people are mean to people who are socially awkward. Like what's so fun about that? Why can't you just explain why you're offended and just calm the fuck down? I've been there before and I was a depressed mess of a person.

I feel like I'm coming off as preachy so I'm going to share what I think are my flaws. I can be oblivious, annoying, and very harsh when I'm a mixture of hurt/offended. I also can be a bit bossy/pushy when nobody seems to be doing anything right. I'm also 14 years old, so that might give you all a clue about my cognitive function development.

For a large part of my childhood, I was depressed and unhealthy emotionally. From the time I was 8, I kept thinking about suicide and occasionally I cut myself. I think it was caused by being an shy, book-loving outcast and maybe by the fact that my mom can be slightly abusive. Like I was a seriously irritating kid so my mom hit me a lot and I remember a few times when I was around 5-7, she beat me with a belt but I'm not sure if that's actually abusive or not. She kept saying I was possessed by the devil since the age of 6 and I can hear her playing to God many times to fix me. It was somewhat hurtful at first but now when she talks a like that, it's more of a buzzing in my ear, like the type of sound a particularly annoying mosquito makes. My dad is really annoying and I consider him well-intentioned but I just find him super irritating because he shouts constantly, horse plays way too much, and listens to his music at the highest volume possible. Like I listen to music in my room a lot too but I don't turn it up too high unless nobody's home because I know I dislike it when I can hear music from somewhere in the house in my room so he could try respecting my wishes instead of telling me to, "quit nagging". He's an ESFP by the way and my mom's an ESFJ. Now don't get me wrong, I love her because she's a very sweet and helpful person but she can be very self-righteous at times. I tried to avoid sharing/showing my feelings to both my parents because I didn't want to get hurt nor do I feel comfortable. Occasionally, I share a positive feeling with my mom but it's rare.

I'm glad to say that I'm completely healthy and happy now. I overcame my issues by learning how to accept and appreciate myself for who I am. I love life and everyone's great! So that's it, what do you guys think my mbti type is? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Aleda...im first of all very very sry you had to go through this...doesn't seem normal to be told you are possessed by devil.
I'm glad you coped your way out of it.
I can't say correctly your mbti type...but i would guess IXFJ maybe?

Nicki

Retired
Aleda...im first of all very very sry you had to go through this...doesn't seem normal to be told you are possessed by devil.
I'm glad you coped your way out of it.
I can't say correctly your mbti type...but i would guess IXFJ maybe?

oh you don't have to be, it's not your fault. I didn't think it was haha. Thanks a lot! I'm definitely no IxFJ haha, I use Fi over Fe and I'm definitely extraverted.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh you don't have to be, it's not your fault. I didn't think it was haha. Thanks a lot! I'm definitely no IxFJ haha, I use Fi over Fe and I'm definitely extraverted.

I thought J cuz of bossy but that can also be Te and Fi working.

anyway good luck
do you find yourself dominant in perceiving or judging functions?

Nicki

Retired
I thought J cuz of bossy but that can also be Te and Fi working.

anyway good luck
do you find yourself dominant in perceiving or judging functions?

oh, I think any type could be bossy but J's are more likely to be. Thanks. dominant in judging. I'm pretty sure I'm an ENTJ now actually.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh, I think any type could be bossy but J's are more likely to be. Thanks. dominant in judging. I'm pretty sure I'm an ENTJ now actually.

cool :D

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

cool :D

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Hmmm.... I've met some bossy Ps, and some really loose Js, I don't think type determines that... but why do you think you're ENTJ now? Are you looking into JCF...?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Hmmm.... I've met some bossy Ps, and some really loose Js, I don't think type determines that... but why do you think you're ENTJ now? Are you looking into JCF...?

Nicki

Retired

Wait, I've thought of myself as an ENTJ for a while now. I mentioned it to you.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup, so what type do you think you are?

Me? I wish i know that. It seems like to every other person i seem to be different type.
To myself? very hard to say...cuz of all the reading i went through it is mostly the case now that i am very confused.
I'm finding in every type pros and cons why would i be that type...the same i do with functions.

What i do know is that i am an introvert. Which means some introverted perceiving or judging function is my dominant. I am not sure which, but i do think it's probably Pi because i feel myself to be almost equal between F and T.

Nicki

Retired
Me? I wish i know that. It seems like to every other person i seem to be different type.
To myself? very hard to say...cuz of all the reading i went through it is mostly the case now that i am very confused.
I'm finding in every type pros and cons why would i be that type...the same i do with functions.

What i do know is that i am an introvert. Which means some introverted perceiving or judging function is my dominant. I am not sure which, but i do think it's probably Pi because i feel myself to be almost equal between F and T.

Hmm what cognitive functions resonate with you the most?

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm what cognitive functions resonate with you the most?

First of all why i think that i am an introvert is because of subjectivity. Introverted functions are correlated with more personal view rather then general view. And i think it is what i am dominant in. Subjective impressions and views are a thing of mine.
But ofc i have my extroverted function, which leaves us with question where is my subjective and where is my objective (extroverted) point.

Why i think P is my dominant function is because it's more adaptive function rather then directive J functions.
Also, worldview is another reason. Using P function as my dominant i choose to perceive the world first to find the best way to act instead of make directive judgment.

The functions i correlate mostly are: Ni i correlate to, Fe and Fi equably somehow, Se i find as my weak spot and sometimes i have ok usage of it, Si i can merely correlate to, Ne could be cuz of my brainstorming habit but not as much, Ti i do correlate to cuz of subjective logic, Te not so much cuz i am not initiative person and i am bad in organization.

Nicki

Retired
First of all why i think that i am an introvert is because of subjectivity. Introverted functions are correlated with more personal view rather then general view. And i think it is what i am dominant in. Subjective impressions and views are a thing of mine.
But ofc i have my extroverted function, which leaves us with question where is my subjective and where is my objective (extroverted) point.

Why i think P is my dominant function is because it's more adaptive function rather then directive J functions.
Also, worldview is another reason. Using P function as my dominant i choose to perceive the world first to find the best way to act instead of make directive judgment.

The functions i correlate mostly are: Ni i correlate to, Fe and Fi equably somehow, Se i find as my weak spot and sometimes i have ok usage of it, Si i can merely correlate to, Ne could be cuz of my brainstorming habit but not as much, Ti i do correlate to cuz of subjective logic, Te not so much cuz i am not initiative person and i am bad in organization.

Hmm maybe you're an INFJ? Ni would be you dominant function while Fe would be your auxiliary function. Se would be your inferior function. You would also use Ti over Te considering it would be your tertiary function.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Wait, I've thought of myself as an ENTJ for a while now. I mentioned it to you.

Oh... haha, sorry. :) but that's cool. you would probably eat me alive in real life though :D :p

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm maybe you're an INFJ? Ni would be you dominant function while Fe would be your auxiliary function. Se would be your inferior function. You would also use Ti over Te considering it would be your tertiary function.

I'll be honest...no one really ever suggested INFJ to me on self initiative.
It is also very possible in my theory that i am an INFP.
That would mean i am correlating my Fi + Ne to Ni...since together these to functions can seem as Ni. Also the problem i need to resolve about this is my dual between Fi and Fe - i have no idea which one i use. But most people see subjective logic in me which means Ti...but no one sees a real Fe...one person did once actually.
Many theories i have about my type...many many.

Nicki

Retired
I'll be honest...no one really ever suggested INFJ to me on self initiative.
It is also very possible in my theory that i am an INFP.
That would mean i am correlating my Fi + Ne to Ni...since together these to functions can seem as Ni. Also the problem i need to resolve about this is my dual between Fi and Fe - i have no idea which one i use. But most people see subjective logic in me which means Ti...but no one sees a real Fe...one person did once actually.
Many theories i have about my type...many many.

Ah I see. I was the same way actually. That's why I thought I was an ENFJ for a while, turns out it was well developed Fi. Hmm what do you think about the descriptions of INFJs and INFPs?