User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 133

  1. #111
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpet View Post
    I think im starting to realize through your question i don't shows sings of Fi really...mostly Fe is presented in me.
    Means Ti as well.
    Strong Se theory is still a problem. I know i once asked my ISFP friend and she told me that she doesn't see Se in me and either Fi. She said my Se is repressed or i don't have it. Fi she said is simply i don't use and that i observe it all in scientific way mostly.
    Yeah i get function theory with my ISTPness...just Se is not as strong in real life, not showing it self. Could be loop.

    How about my Fe and Ti relationship? Does it seem like i have a rather big difference in using Fe and Ti? In a way of a skill of using these functions?
    Maybe your Se is repressed. My tertiary Se's repressed because of my abusive ESFP father who consistently compared me to him instead of treating me as my own person. Now he treats me like a 2-dimensional stereotype. Did you go through anything while you were younger? Hmm I think if you use Fe too much right now, it might be a sign that you're stressed out right now. You use Ti to analyze the moods/feelings of others around you? Hmm I think you use Ti to understand Fe. Your dominant function, which is supposedly Ti, works with your auxiliary/tertiary/inferior function.

  2. #112
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Maybe your Se is repressed. My tertiary Se's repressed because of my abusive ESFP father who consistently compared me to him instead of treating me as my own person. Now he treats me like a 2-dimensional stereotype. Did you go through anything while you were younger? Hmm I think if you use Fe too much right now, it might be a sign that you're stressed out right now. You use Ti to analyze the moods/feelings of others around you? Hmm I think you use Ti to understand Fe. Your dominant function, which is supposedly Ti, works with your auxiliary/tertiary/inferior function.
    Yes ESFPs can be a rather badass when abusive. Fi and Te so close together can reflect pretty pushy personality in some cases. Often are Fe users quite understood as pushy in social terms but i think Fi and Te can be rather stubborn combination.
    Also i think you show a real reflection of Te working with Ni. the way you ask question is typically Ni. And you seem to be rather focused to understand external logic. I'm afraid i don't know about tertiary Se a lot to tell you i see it in you but you do seem ENTJ indeed.
    Also how did your Se got repressed around ESFP? Usually surroundings that uses one function should help us develop it?
    What type is your mum?

    Well...this makes sense...Very possible i use Ti to understand Fe, even if my Fe seems to control my desires and life motives. You see, objectively looking, my motivations are typically feeling, but it seems i use thinking excessively as well. I'm to sure weather to put my Fe as inferior function cuz inferior function doesn't call shots usually and Fe calls shots for me (at least i have a feeling it does).
    Now if Se is present in me, it is very weird cuz i have never seen a person use Se as i do, if i do use it a lot. It is very hard for me to correlate with ISTP profile. Doesn't seem to be my way really. I can tell you from here that if we decide ISTP as my type, i won't see myself in that profile really.
    Tell me smth - if Se is present in me, Ni has to be somewhere. Is there any sign of Ni in me that you can see? lol

  3. #113
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpet View Post
    Yes ESFPs can be a rather badass when abusive. Fi and Te so close together can reflect pretty pushy personality in some cases. Often are Fe users quite understood as pushy in social terms but i think Fi and Te can be rather stubborn combination.
    Also i think you show a real reflection of Te working with Ni. the way you ask question is typically Ni. And you seem to be rather focused to understand external logic. I'm afraid i don't know about tertiary Se a lot to tell you i see it in you but you do seem ENTJ indeed.
    Also how did your Se got repressed around ESFP? Usually surroundings that uses one function should help us develop it?
    What type is your mum?

    Well...this makes sense...Very possible i use Ti to understand Fe, even if my Fe seems to control my desires and life motives. You see, objectively looking, my motivations are typically feeling, but it seems i use thinking excessively as well. I'm to sure weather to put my Fe as inferior function cuz inferior function doesn't call shots usually and Fe calls shots for me (at least i have a feeling it does).
    Now if Se is present in me, it is very weird cuz i have never seen a person use Se as i do, if i do use it a lot. It is very hard for me to correlate with ISTP profile. Doesn't seem to be my way really. I can tell you from here that if we decide ISTP as my type, i won't see myself in that profile really.
    Tell me smth - if Se is present in me, Ni has to be somewhere. Is there any sign of Ni in me that you can see? lol
    Yes, definitely. Don't be fooled by the partying-constantly-always-smiling stereotype. They can be truly awful people if they're in a Se-Te loop. Yup, I agree with you. My mom, an ESFJ, can be pushy, but at least she understand other peoples' feelings to a certain extent and cares even if it is a slightly messed up way at times. How so? I like to think I am haha. I think my Se only comes out when I'm incredibly bored. I take make the most of what's in the present moment to enjoy myself. Hmm well I think you should decide your type based on your dominant function and whether you prefer Ni or Ne over each other, etc. I don't think the order's the same for every single person. I prefer Fi over Se and I relate much more to inferior Se descriptions than the inferior Fi ones. Don't look at profiles, just look at cognitive functions. Hmm I really can't tell. Ni's one of those subconscious functions. It's also introverted so it's, I think, harder to see than other functions.

  4. #114
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Yes, definitely. Don't be fooled by the partying-constantly-always-smiling stereotype. They can be truly awful people if they're in a Se-Te loop. Yup, I agree with you. My mom, an ESFJ, can be pushy, but at least she understand other peoples' feelings to a certain extent and cares even if it is a slightly messed up way at times. How so? I like to think I am haha. I think my Se only comes out when I'm incredibly bored. I take make the most of what's in the present moment to enjoy myself. Hmm well I think you should decide your type based on your dominant function and whether you prefer Ni or Ne over each other, etc. I don't think the order's the same for every single person. I prefer Fi over Se and I relate much more to inferior Se descriptions than the inferior Fi ones. Don't look at profiles, just look at cognitive functions. Hmm I really can't tell. Ni's one of those subconscious functions. It's also introverted so it's, I think, harder to see than other functions.
    Hah! I live with ESFJ Grandmother and ISTJ mum! I'm surrounded by SJs. Only flexible person in family is dad who is an ESTP.
    My gran is understandable person. ESFJs are not that bad.They have crazy moments and are highly emotional and touched but can be rather intelligent. Also most ESFP girls i know tend to have more testosterone then any man.
    I think you are right i should be more flexible about these functions. After all we do use all 8 and can't be the same order. I know many ENFPs who prefer Fe to Fi. As in they are not ENTP but are ENFPs with Fe.
    Oh i can relate with Ni definitely. I think that's one function i relate to a lot. Also developed Ti could make me INFJ-Ti (with strong Ti). That Se is a problem. I relate to Ni, i use Fe/Ti combo and still one single thing missing...discovering Se and it's place in me.
    ISTP could be an option but only cuz of my strong Ti. For other things...it is less likely i am ISTP cuz i am the least similar to that type. It makes sense until that S thing "living in a present moment"...i do that only when i crack and try to free myself of stress aka it appears during stress.
    Yes i should be more flexible...i agree with that. Very good advice thank you.

  5. #115
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpet View Post
    Hah! I live with ESFJ Grandmother and ISTJ mum! I'm surrounded by SJs. Only flexible person in family is dad who is an ESTP.
    My gran is understandable person. ESFJs are not that bad.They have crazy moments and are highly emotional and touched but can be rather intelligent. Also most ESFP girls i know tend to have more testosterone then any man.
    I think you are right i should be more flexible about these functions. After all we do use all 8 and can't be the same order. I know many ENFPs who prefer Fe to Fi. As in they are not ENTP but are ENFPs with Fe.
    Oh i can relate with Ni definitely. I think that's one function i relate to a lot. Also developed Ti could make me INFJ-Ti (with strong Ti). That Se is a problem. I relate to Ni, i use Fe/Ti combo and still one single thing missing...discovering Se and it's place in me.
    ISTP could be an option but only cuz of my strong Ti. For other things...it is less likely i am ISTP cuz i am the least similar to that type. It makes sense until that S thing "living in a present moment"...i do that only when i crack and try to free myself of stress aka it appears during stress.
    Yes i should be more flexible...i agree with that. Very good advice thank you.
    Oh wow haha! How's your ESTP dad like? I'd have preferred an ESTP over my ESFP dad LOL that's true. Yup, exactly what I think. Or they're ENTPs with well-developed Fe but Ne's their dominant function regardless. Hmm okay, that's possible. Either ISTP or INFJ with strong Ti. Thanks a lot and it's really no problem.

  6. #116
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Ah I see, how are your interactions like being near opposites? I have an inkling that I'm an ENTJ with well-developed Fi. Do you think it seems possible? I've noticed that and a lot of times, a few posters end up shoving their opinions into the OP's throat. I know I definitely use Te and Fi and I think, at my healthiest, I probably use Te. I have no idea really. I didn't know at that time but it's all seeming a bit too cruel. Haha yeah. Yup, that sums up me at my house. Though at school, with people, I'm much nicer. Oh why'd you feel like you had to be violent? I feel like that in order to get what I want done. I'm not sure but I feel like I'm more of an ENTJ than an ENFP. I feel like I'm more of a J than a P.
    The interactions are generally indifferent and rough, but that isn't detriment to our relationship, I've learnt to communicate with him in a Te style, and he's learnt not to push my buttons. We both work well when there is consistency. ENTJ with a well developed Fi? My honest opinion, it's possible but unlikely given your age. Not because a person is incapable of it but the mind just hasn't reached that point of development yet, generally it still has other things to work through first. People who go through rough at a young age don't exactly develop any faster, they just go on a little different path depending on the extremity of circumstances. They adjust to survive, if that makes sense. In MBTI these situations would generally cause functions to be blocked, or hampered.
    Right now the theory would dictate that both your dom and auxiliary would be still developing, with a little tertiary aswell, maybe some inferior. But primarily Dominant and auxiliary. Auxillary would be either already in a major growth point or starting too, so how much do you relate to Ni? I think of all the functions I found that the hardest to understand, but I've seen people claim Fi mistakenly for Ni. So I suggest that looking into that would be good, just so you can be more certain as to whether or not it really is your inferior being developed. This is all assuming your ENTJ also.
    How well do you score with Se as well? And Ni? Could you list your functions by preference? If you are ENTJ, feeling that you use Te most at your healthiest is a good sign. Also I'd ask, how often do you experience Fi negatively, is it more often experienced that way than in a healthy way?
    I'm relatively young as well, and my own inferior function was always present but it's development into more positive action always came in spurts, and stress. So perhaps your Fi could have developed. But I know even from my own experiences that stress at a young age didn't necessarily develop my Te any quicker, it hampered my Ne, inflated my Si, and Fi had trouble filling in the blanks from lacking input from Ne. Once the stressful situation less, it was a period of rebuilding and growth for those functions. Later on came Te in the form of grips and flair ups. I'm still learning to tame it. So this is just an example of how the process could work. Take me back a year, I communicated very much the same as flameskull has in this thread (I still do.) as inferior got brought into heel, that changes abit however. This signals one of those spurts in growth that I mentioned.

    Yeah, posters including myself just feel confident in what we see, don't really put as much effort into gathering information because the reality is it isn't exactly important for us to do so. This isn't always the case, evidently its common enough to happen in every thread I've seen so far. It's just that you'd probably fit some predefined image they already have, so they put that suit on you because in their eyes it suits you the best, whether or not you actually feel comfortable in it. Like when a relative buys you clothes which don't fit, so you feel like crap because you can't wear it and show that you appreciate it. Except in this case they are insisting you wear it haha. (Rough metaphor.)

    It is cruel, it just shows that they made you partly responsible for their happiness, which is solely their own. A child doesn't need or understand that very well. Parents are ment to be abit selfless, but anybody can have a kid, and not everybody is cut out to be a parents. That's just how reality is. All you gotta worry about is your own happiness, and not make the mistake to blame your flaws on your upbringing. Although it shouldn't be that way, the reality is it's doing exactly what your parents did, and that was making someone else responsible for something which only you can sort out. I've never seen someone who blamed their shit parents for the way they are actually be happy, the ones who understand it and let it go are the ones I see content and comfortable with whatever they suffered.

    Nothing wrong with being a rebel anyhow, as long as you don't rebel against the good things that come your way. That's just, anarchy haha. I bet when people step on your toes that niceness changes fairly quickly? Quick answer to your question. I felt that I had to be violent because frankly, I kind of had to be. I was the youngest kid on the block by a few years, and it was a little rough in the area. Kids would give you shit if they thought they'd get away with it. It wasn't the best way about it but it worked, and people learnt not to anger me. The main reason behind it though was that there was a schizophrenic back at home who encouraged me that it was the right way about things. He saw me as weak, so he did what he thought was best as a male figure to teach me to be what he saw as "strong". This was not my dad mind you.

    Now I'm fairly the opposite. I just tolerate peoples shit, and snide comments without taking it too heart. I had alot of trouble doing that to begin with though. So you definitely feel more J than P? ENTJ still seems fitting so far. I'm trying to think of other type possibilities however. What else do you find fits, atleast description wise? This is to atleast give an indication.

  7. #117
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Sorry for the wall of text, I went off on a few tangents there. This is what happens when you get Fi wanting to express itself. No need to address every point for fear of rudeness, just go with the questions and whats relative.

  8. #118
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Sorry for the wall of text, I went off on a few tangents there. This is what happens when you get Fi wanting to express itself. No need to address every point for fear of rudeness, just go with the questions and whats relative.
    Oh haha, it's alright, I prefer that to just "I think you're ESTP," or whatever, any day. I'm going to be completely honest here without trying to seem "nice," or, "good." Oh okay, honestly I really don't like thinking about how my actions, goals, etc. compare to my inner values. I do that because I've met a shitload of people who irritate me but I just want to get things done and get it done now. I would ignore my inner feelings if I could but they always get in the way and as an e3, emotional breakdowns caused by a buildup of feelings won't look so good to others. I might get pity. I hate pity. Image is a large part of success to me and I want to be successful. Se is always my least used function although I'm come off as an SP type to others, mainly because of my hobbies and interests. I'm into fashion, art, and cooking. I'm also pretty damn spontaneous sometimes although I do start out the day with a plan sometimes I'm like screw it if a more fun opportunity comes along.

    I have higher Ni than Ne but to be honest, I don't really relate to it. I do have a vision of the future though and I have ideals/high standards. Everything's interconnected in my mind and they can all create something new in a specific combination. I'm kinda paranoid and oversensitive when I'm stressed. I get so irrational, I'm kind of ashamed. I feel this intense hatred towards everyone because of our values clashing. Yeah, I understand you there and honestly I don't expect it to be. That's an awesome metaphor haha.

    Yeah, I don't believe anyone should be the reason for your happiness. Happiness is a state of mind. I used to to tell my mom this but she always said it wasn't her fault when she yelled at me, it was my fault for making her angry. Part of being an adult means accepting responsibility for your own actions. One things I hate about both my parents is how they keep telling me be more responsible when I, at age 14, have better control over my feelings than them. At least I've never told someone to go die or called someone ugly while they cried. Plus them being adults and failing at their responsibilities as parents didn't really give them credibility. I'm pretty argumentative/overpowering about things that matter but when it's small things, it's like no, sorry, you're not worth my time. The area I live in is a "ghetto small town." It's boring and everyone's really rude, sexist, and sometimes racist. That might be generalizing but it seems like it. Oh I see. Ah okay. Mhm, most definitely. I hate leaving things open-ended and I want to decide as fast as possible.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Joehobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Oh haha, it's alright, I prefer that to just "I think you're ESTP," or whatever, any day. I'm going to be completely honest here without trying to seem "nice," or, "good." Oh okay, honestly I really don't like thinking about how my actions, goals, etc. compare to my inner values. I do that because I've met a shitload of people who irritate me but I just want to get things done and get it done now. I would ignore my inner feelings if I could but they always get in the way and as an e3, emotional breakdowns caused by a buildup of feelings won't look so good to others. I might get pity. I hate pity. Image is a large part of success to me and I want to be successful. Se is always my least used function although I'm come off as an SP type to others, mainly because of my hobbies and interests. I'm into fashion, art, and cooking. I'm also pretty damn spontaneous sometimes although I do start out the day with a plan sometimes I'm like screw it if a more fun opportunity comes along.

    I have higher Ni than Ne but to be honest, I don't really relate to it. I do have a vision of the future though and I have ideals/high standards. Everything's interconnected in my mind and they can all create something new in a specific combination. I'm kinda paranoid and oversensitive when I'm stressed. I get so irrational, I'm kind of ashamed. I feel this intense hatred towards everyone because of our values clashing. Yeah, I understand you there and honestly I don't expect it to be. That's an awesome metaphor haha.

    Yeah, I don't believe anyone should be the reason for your happiness. Happiness is a state of mind. I used to to tell my mom this but she always said it wasn't her fault when she yelled at me, it was my fault for making her angry. Part of being an adult means accepting responsibility for your own actions. One things I hate about both my parents is how they keep telling me be more responsible when I, at age 14, have better control over my feelings than them. At least I've never told someone to go die or called someone ugly while they cried. Plus them being adults and failing at their responsibilities as parents didn't really give them credibility. I'm pretty argumentative/overpowering about things that matter but when it's small things, it's like no, sorry, you're not worth my time. The area I live in is a "ghetto small town." It's boring and everyone's really rude, sexist, and sometimes racist. That might be generalizing but it seems like it. Oh I see. Ah okay. Mhm, most definitely. I hate leaving things open-ended and I want to decide as fast as possible.
    Haha, fair point. I've done that when I'm really lazy. That's a good way about it.
    That's a pretty significant thing about Fi which is missing you know, usually actions, goals and desires all relate back to Fi values. So lets take a look at your Fi and see it's nature. You've mentioned not being violent is one of your values, but what else is there? And if you can, give a quick reason as to why you value it.
    Do you ever feel like your inner feelings is telling you something that will unfold, how do you experience it? When you go against it, is it something you end up regretting? Apart from emotional breakdown of course. Why do you wish to be successful? For people to aspire to you, or believe in you? It's interesting that you say Se is your least used function, when straight after you follow with something that sounds very much Se. When it comes to being spontaneous, does the urge come from simply wanting to enjoy the moment, or do you find yourself procrastinating alot and looking for distractions? You'd likely experience two of these, but which do you experience most often?

    I see. Well Ni isn't just about a vision of the future, actually that probably is only just a small part of it. It's hard for one to really define Ni, it always have this mysterious quality about it. It's not a clear cut thing. When coming to a decision or judgement of any kind, do you go by what you think is right (gut feeling) or do you prefer getting all the information you can at hand, and draw up a conclusion you can't really explain? Ah, I wouldn't beat yourself up over feeling paranoid and oversensitive when you are stressed. It's normal. Whoever says they don't ever feel that way at times is either very content or simply lying. Ah, so you get angry when someone doesn't see your point? Or what you believe?

    Good. No need to feed that cycle of burden. We got enough fucked up people as it is who can't exercise their responsibilities of being an adult. Ha, that sounds about right. I can relate to that. Just because they live long enough to a certain age, have the ability to knock someone up, doesn't mean that have the emotional maturity or have even learnt how to be responsible for themselves. Personally I absolutely detest people around my age acting like they are mature enough to take anything and everything. Then come complaining about things they could of easily avoided if they took the a moment out to really reflect on where their actions will take them. People shouting "Yolo" is like a stab to the ear. Haha. The unfortunate reality is that for reasons said and unsaid you didn't grow up in a house where parents behaved as parents. The older they get usually the worse habits become, there is always the little bit of light where maybe you can get them to see where they went wrong. But even if someone can see how they aren't responsible, doesn't mean they'll ever get the desire to be.
    If its common enough for you to say that, then it probably is haha.
    In my city it's like that in majority of places, although gun crimes and stabbings are a more rare occurrence, and happen between gang feuds over drugs. However, you're are more likely to get assaulted here than in america, but you're more likely to die in america than here. I find that rather amusing haha.

  10. #120
    Senior Member Lumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Oh wow haha! How's your ESTP dad like? I'd have preferred an ESTP over my ESFP dad LOL that's true. Yup, exactly what I think. Or they're ENTPs with well-developed Fe but Ne's their dominant function regardless. Hmm okay, that's possible. Either ISTP or INFJ with strong Ti. Thanks a lot and it's really no problem.
    Dad...he is all speed up person really...always in a hurry but layed back in the same time...really weird combination. He likes easy living so he is often too upset about money problems. But in general he is between nervous and relaxed. Very smooth when approaching to others and he can guess someones personality very quickly...short conversation is enough. He has many different interests, loves reading.
    ESTP and ENTP are not so much alike to me. There is some similarity in temper but i think ENTPs are different game players then ESTPs. Different perception but similar moral and values whiel choosing their actions. ESTP is realist unlike ENTP who is theorists. They view human relationships differently.
    Fun fact... i know few ENTPs told me when they are in a relationship they don't cheat but they scan for options always and it's debatable for them are their really cheating...like certain moral debate. But they just keep scanning mostly.
    ESTPs usually until it's some time passed and relationship strictly formed they would allow interfering with others, scan their options and think very logically about their choose of partners but more realistic way of looking at it from ENTPs who simply are looking for potential things and are happy with it in theory. ESTP is looking for a real possibility with space for action later on. I hope i made this somewhat clear of how i see them as different. But it's very clear they have judging functions in the same place.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] It's so hard to me as a NT to live in the majority S world
    By Mechnick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 02-19-2017, 03:03 AM
  2. [ENTP] My ENTP is so different from me. How do I deal with it better?
    By CubeWuerfel in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 05:22 PM
  3. Not sure if I posted about it so I'm posting again about blooging
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2015, 01:15 PM
  4. [NT] Why is it so hard for Me to stop focusing on Myself?
    By The Ü™ in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 06:06 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Getting feely but it is okay cause I'll be in bed soon, so it doesn't matter.
    By ThatGirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO