• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INXX? (Welp.)

Ling

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well, I always bounce between INTP and INFJ whenever I test for MBTIs. And based on whatever pittance of knowledge I have managed to glean from Google, I guess that I'm either an INTP with a really developed Fe (Yup.) or an INFJ with a developed Ti. I also suppose that my interests tend to go all over the place. Like, I like what people deem as 'intellectual stuff', such as reading and analyzing behaviour, but then I also like artsy stuff like photography and writing. And then, I like running and do a form of martial art as well. Yeah.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

This sounds really abstract, but I yearn for happiness. Career wise, I'd like to pursue criminal psychology, or at least, something in the field of behavioural or social psychology. I guess I yearn for validation as well.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I have two of them actually. I feel great when I'm reading, and especially so if I manage to 'feel' for that piece of writing. Like, when that piece of writing manages to strike something in me and I feel one hell of a yank on my heartstrings. If that even makes sense, hah.

I feel equally great when I'm out taking photographs on my own. Photographing people, in particular, and places that I've never been to before. Yeah, I'm a photography nut.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Feeling weak and hapless. Over reliance on anyone, or just failing at things in general. Especially when I try my best, and when that just isn't good enough. I swear, it feels just like a slap to the face. Just... feeling incompetent.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I operate on whatever I think is right. Kind of like, "I do whatever I want to." But at the same time, I'd also think about how people would feel about the decision, more specifically, if anyone would be affected by them in a negative way. Usually, I don't carry out decisions that I think will affect others in such a way. Unless I dislike that person in particular, for whatever reason. (Ahem, blatantly selfish people.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Ensuring that whatever the product of the project is is of high quality, or at least competent enough. Yes, I do like having control of the outcome. I would say that I kind of kick into a sort of slave-driver mode when it comes to projects, but I kind of soften when the people I work with seem to be genuinely emotionally affected in one way or another.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

...Nothing comes to mind at the moment, actually. Welp.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

It really depends on how interested I am in whatever I'm learning. If I'm interested, I basically just gather whatever information I can on the subject and make sense of it in my mind. Then, when it comes to things I am not interested in but obliged to learn (ahem, school), I tend to take a more hands on approach, while trying to make sense of it in my head.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Moderately organized, I suppose. Externally, I tend to like my work spaces uncluttered. I occasionally let books writing materials and all sorts of random things pile up, but then I just clear them a few days later.

It's kind of... messy internally though, except when the need arises for my thoughts to be organized. Say, while writing argumentative essays and whatnot. My mind jumps from thought to thought a lot. From random pieces of people analysis, to ideas for a new piece of writing (I write terrible poetry), and even to that random annoyingly catchy song.

...Eh.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

It's a bit of both, really. But I tend to run it through my mind to see if I understand the principles first. It is only when I don't that I start looking for information or ways that I can somehow make sense of the new idea, before judging it.

11) Do you find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Yes to the part about everyone doing fine, no to the part about belonging to a given group and yes to the part about following what you believe and believing yourself.

(No to the part about belonging to said given group, because I think that they should have the right to choose.)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking, and prefer one-on-one communication.

13) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'd set the DVR on then head out, only because it wouldn't exactly be nice to reject them flatly. Unless I really don't feel like interacting with anyone - then I'd stay home.

14) How do you act when you're stressed out?

This comes in two parts, actually, and depending on how long I am stressed for, the second part may or may not occur.

Part One - In which I shut down emotionally and do little but literally cry all day. Feelings of self pity might ensue, over how I always seem to be there for people when they're feeling emotional/stressed, but how no one seems to be there for me. Feelings of isolation. Not exactly pretty, but no one really sees them, so.

Part Two - In which I lash out at everyone, in particular those who manage to annoy me in whatever way. Usually sarcasm, death glares and cold shoulders, before I hit my tipping point and just blow.

15) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Selfishness. Inconsiderate and insensitive people, in general. People who don't stand for anything.

16) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Mostly books, and fandoms.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Things I consider to be irrelevant.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

To put it simply, cold on the outside and warm on the inside. They're right about that. And, they think I'm really driven about my studies, but I actually could care less about the subjects I dislike. I'm just driven when it comes to what I'm interested and know I'm good in. I just study all the same because I have to. I guess they'd never say that I don't stand for anything.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd like to read, go out and take some photographs, write a little, then go for a run.

A little lengthy, but yeah. Loads of thanks and cookies for you.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Developed"? Do you even know what that means? :dry:

What do you think Se is and how well do you think you do with it?

Ling

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
To be quite honest, I'm new to the whole concept of cognitive functions, so I guess you'd probably find me throwing terms around rather... colloquially. Real big no-no, huh. Sorry bout that.

Alright, would probably scrap bulk of the answer to the first question then.

In essence, experiencing the external world as it is, and taking in as much as you can from it, I guess? As far as I know. (Which I suppose isn't really all that far.) I do okay with Se. I mean, I do notice minor details and nervous ticks in people, but that's only if I'm looking for them in particular. (To kind of read them, so to speak?) Then there's the whole physical activity thing... I pretty much focus on that (whichever sport I'm doing) and only that until I'm done with it.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP would be my guess. I see myself as an INTP with a better-than-average grasp of Fe, and can relate well to many of your sentiments.

INFJ could be possible though. The biggest difference between INTPs and INFJs conginitive functions-wise is that INFJs have Ni (they lead with it, actually - it's their primary function), and INTPs have Ne. Ne is the auxillary function in INTPs (second place after Ti).

I think at this point you just have to figure out whether you prefer Ni or Ne. Good luck. :)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be quite honest, I'm new to the whole concept of cognitive functions, so I guess you'd probably find me throwing terms around rather... colloquially. Real big no-no, huh. Sorry bout that.

Alright, would probably scrap bulk of the answer to the first question then.

In essence, experiencing the external world as it is, and taking in as much as you can from it, I guess? As far as I know. (Which I suppose isn't really all that far.) I do okay with Se. I mean, I do notice minor details and nervous ticks in people, but that's only if I'm looking for them in particular. (To kind of read them, so to speak?) Then there's the whole physical activity thing... I pretty much focus on that (whichever sport I'm doing) and only that until I'm done with it.

INFJ. Ne likes variety.