User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P vs J

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Because they ask about a lot of concrete, mundane things that are more the domain of SJs than NJs, IMO. An NJ can need to have a rough plan, need closure, feel better after decisions are made, be an abstract sequential thinker, and still come out as a P if their desk is mess, tend not to have routine, and they run late to appointments.

I think of SJs as concrete sequential thinkers, SPs as concrete random thinkers, NPs as abstract random thinkers, and NJs as abstract sequential thinkers. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if it is accurate, it's not hard to see why there is difficulty in quantifying a sequential preference when it's in the abstract.
    Okay, I was just wondering since you originally seemed to group all sensors and all intiuitives. So what you are claiming is between Si dominant and Ni dominant types since there is virtually no difference between the Se/Ne types. That seems quite accurate, although I maintain that type has no bearing on any disorder.

INFj None

I think disorders are just normal traits carried to an abnormal extreme, so there could be some correlation between the presence of certain functions and certain disorders. I would go no further than that, though.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers